What's new

Killer a5 Haze (First grow ever)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Seeds start well in a jar of water (with a few drops of H2O2 and some aloe). The soil can be wet. Just be sure the temp is over 70*F, 75 better. The sprouts will need very humid air as the roots are small. You are growing roots the first month, not plant IMO. Good luck.

Nextgeneration73

Providing your soil is moist, then spaying shouldn't be necessary, unless it starts to dry out. Personally i never cover my pots.

I'd expect it to break through the soil within a few days. Ace seeds are very viable.

Keep your remaining seeds in the fridge, in a sealed container.
Does anyone know if Cannabis seeds are strong enough to not be broken if the Ace seeds flask/tube they come with was dropped into the snacks bag we put them in? I'm not the one who dropped them by the way, but we did put them in the fridge me and her, and the bag is extra thick and keeps it very dark. It's not thin like a chips bag, it's another type of material that I can't describe but it's extra thick and keeps out all light. Are they hard enough to not be broken if they were shaken or dropped? Years later in future grows I don't want to find out the last minute that they're broken and have to buy new ones... One of the seeds seemed kindof cracked already from the start but it's this really teeny tiny line. The rest are perfectly healthy. But still... Okay I checked their not broken, I put the flask back into the seeled bag in the fridge... I've heard about not opening the fridge too many times or taking them out...

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Does anyone know if Cannabis seeds are strong enough to not be broken if the Ace seeds flask/tube they come with was dropped into the snacks bag we put them in? I'm not the one who dropped them by the way, but we did put them in the fridge me and her, and the bag is extra thick and keeps it very dark. It's not thin like a chips bag, it's another type of material that I can't describe but it's extra thick and keeps out all light. Are they hard enough to not be broken if they were shaken or dropped? Years later in future grows I don't want to find out the last minute that they're broken and have to buy new ones... One of the seeds seemed kindof cracked already from the start but it's this really teeny tiny line. The rest are perfectly healthy. But still... Okay I checked their not broken, I put the flask back into the seeled bag in the fridge... I've heard about not opening the fridge too many times or taking them out...
They will be fine your overthinking it my friend.
I just popped seeds that had been left in my bone dry shed in temps up to 45c for 2 years.
Once I added water they popped in 48hrs all of them, they are hardy nature makes them that way.
Cannabis is a hardy plant its not easy to stop it growing, but you can with too much kindness.
Just sit back and watch the show.

Nextgeneration73

I just popped seeds that had been left in my bone dry shed in temps up to 45c for 2 years.
Once I added water they popped in 48hrs all of them, they are hardy nature makes them that way.
Cannabis is a hardy plant its not easy to stop it growing, but you can with too much kindness.
I had to edit out my comment, it's too personal, but yet it will stay because it's been replied to, nevertheless I had to make sure of it.

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Yup, there's a lot I need to work on in my personality, it's not easy being a perfectionist all the time (whether it's working out/ weight lifting and mass building, working from home (home office, I'm my own boss), writing my Novels (I've been developing them for over 20 years, it was a hobby at first but eventually created them into something really important, they're still not published) I tend to be a little too much of a perfectionist in all that I do and overthink it to the point where it can even seem strange to others, however from what I recall when I used to smoke trippy Sativa strains (not Indica though) those were the only times when I personally wouldn't worry about anything even a week after smoking, I would fly off into my own trippy dreamy dimension, and everything just came about easily and I would basically make things more simple for myself even when conversing with someone. My brain chemistry always made weed more trippier than it did for others. So when I first read about Killer a5 Haze, it fascinated me, at the time I still hadn't smoked for a while. I was a bit worried about the narcotic description of it, but eventually thought to myself that it wasn't that big of deal as long as it was trippy and intense. I'm not gonna discuss about my Novels or what I work as a profession (I apologize for that since I try to keep it on the down low) but I will say that thanks to certain cannabis strains in my past it really helped my creativity, without which I wouldn't have made it far ... When this grow and harvest is done, after all the procedures I'm actually gonna smoke only on occasions I don't want it to run out within the first year and a half 😁😀 Also I want to keep the tolerance level balanced... It's now at zero, so I'll have to start out with smaller tokes 😀😁 Yes I was a heavy smoker when I was younger... But eventually I reduced the Frequency and dosages of weed.
Nothing wrong with being a perfectionist my friend, if you bring that passion to your grow and curing of the flowers you grow you cant go wrong.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If you haven’t already, get a VPD chart for the various phases of growth and try to keep the plant environment in those parameters. You will be going from wet humidity to dry as the plant progresses.

The best way to avoid pests like spider mites is clean air. My tent is fed with forced air that has been through a very fine filter (3M 1900). The resultant dope will be much cleaner. When I make butter now the water is a lot cleaner. It was muddy and nasty. You can see dirt on the fan blades if the air is not filtered.

420PyRoS

If you haven’t already, get a VPD chart for the various phases of growth and try to keep the plant environment in those parameters. You will be going from wet humidity to dry as the plant progresses.

The best way to avoid pests like spider mites is clean air. My tent is fed with forced air that has been through a very fine filter (3M 1900). The resultant dope will be much cleaner. When I make butter now the water is a lot cleaner. It was muddy and nasty. You can see dirt on the fan blades if the air is not filtered.
Hehe I was using multiple layers of panty hose for my intake filter. I'm cheap. ;)

Nextgeneration73

Hehe I was using multiple layers of panty hose for my intake filter. I'm cheap. ;)
Would an intake fan be neccessary if there is no actual tent but just open windows later on? Apparently the way we constructed it the tent wouldn't fit over it, I forgot to mention that earlier. Mainly due the fact that the light wouldn't hang even though it has hangers, the poles are too large and the way we constructed it was the only way to use the LED over it.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

More humidity at first, and less humidity later on is ideal?

Nextgeneration73

When you say 45 degrees Celsius meaning those seeds have been in 113 degrees Fahrenheit for two years? Because that's really high, and yet you say that they've still germinated 😲. But did they go through any temperature fluctuations. Also do you know if they were Sativa, Indica, Hybrid ect? But I'm guessing that you used water directly to pop them? Guess I myself should've started like that. I'd have to make a complaint to the grower site that wrote "No soaking them or it's the end" 😆 I took their advice to heart otherwise I would've done it that way.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

Would an intake fan be neccessary if there is no actual tent but just open windows later on? Apparently the way we constructed it the tent wouldn't fit over it, I forgot to mention that earlier. Mainly due the fact that the light wouldn't hang even though it has hangers, the poles are too large and the way we constructed it was the only way to use the LED over it.
Nah, you don't need one.
Maybe just a regular fan to move air around the plant.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I think what brother Tangwena meant is that his temperatures went to up 42c, but fluctuated; it's warm over there in Oz.

40 years ago, I kept seeds in a match box and they would be good for a few years.

For real long term storage though, then a sealed container in the fridge is the way to go. Last year i germinated 17yr old seeds that had been stored in the fridge.

You can use water, with or without additives. I personally like wet tissue until the radical appears, but sometimes i just pop them into moist soil.

Your seed will germinate perfectly as it is🙂

Tangwena

Veteran
Hombre is right on max temps around 45 higher some days but cools down to 12c in winter at night.
They were sativa seeds and sativa dominant hybrids I dont think it would have mattered what they were.
Heres a pic they have been in direct sun all day today was 36c.
You may be able to see a few still germinating.
I hope to harvest them 1st April.
Lets see if I can have mature buds by then are you up for the challenge?
Just kidding but lets see if it can be done I'm confident it can.

IMG_3553.JPG

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hombre is right on max temps around 45 higher some days but cools down to 12c in winter at night.
They were sativa seeds and sativa dominant hybrids I dont think it would have mattered what they were.

View attachment 18954672
That's a very tight window.

And, I'm jealous!

I'm thinking, perhaps I'll germ some Indicas and see if I can get an early spring harvest outdoors. We'll see🙂

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
That would be tight if they had already started flowering, impossible from seedlings.

Nextgeneration73

Hey man, I'd take that cover off soon as she pops out. It's got holes, air is getting in, but soon as she's up I'd want the pot to start drying up normally. Being cold may just delay things popping but ive had stunting issues germing seeds in the cold outside in my shed so watch for that when they're up. I wouldn't worry about *stuffy* air... it's still 20.9% oxygen unless it's a confined space.

Keep that seed warm.

Oops noticed you took the cover off. I never use anything like that so prob not a big deal. Seed being deeper just may take longer to push up.

View attachment 18954672
I don't mind the challenge as long as it doesn't make me overdo something 😀 By competing. Actually no I'm too inexperienced to try a challenge with an experienced grower but then again I'd like to be wrong about that 🤪 But on a serious note I'm still not sure how well I started off and how long it'll take me because my Harvest has to be well before May 😬😳 😲 and then comes the drying phase 😬. By May 4th it'll have to be packed into Jars and possibly even cured as I'll be away for some time I'm not sure if it's a week 2 or 3 or more but I'd have to be here to cure it, and not just leave it 😬😳. It'll be in tight Black Jars made specifically for long term storage of Cannabis and in a locked Boxed put away somewhere. I want to have time to cure though because I don't know how long my dry will be. And like I said: Had the order came weeks earlier we wouldn't be this worried at all (Me and my girlfriend, she also wants to get this done correctly). The payment had so so many lagging issues it was the craziest thing ever and the upmost stressful moment that I've had in a long time.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Should I turn off my closet LED light? It's not from the MarsHydro one on top of the setting (which I still haven't used) it's one that comes with my closet. By the way seed still ain't popped. I'mma drink a few beers to cool down emotionally a bit from this waiting to see if everything will go right But I normally drink beer that's pretty strong, but still helps.
IMG_20240203_152026.jpg

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

View attachment 18954672
Actually I forgot to ask are these a different strain that you said you'll try to harvest by April 1st or the same? And my other question, are you planning on growing all the seeds together in that pot (seeing that you have more than one going in each? 🤔 Because if it's doable then my partner and I we're wondering if we should take out a second seed and put it in water this this time until it pops and then add it in the soil (but in the same pot I have going). Would that be doable or? May is not that far away from.l.now, it has to already be dried by then 😬 We could postpone our travel by a few days but the risks would be high for us, that's how mandatory it is, unless something we're to happen to completely change the need of us having to travel, maybe a world war three or something would definitely do the trick 😁 I'm not saying I want that to happen but there would be no other way to extend our growing season past the beginning of May... If we could we would go for it... Doesn't seem likely though

Last edited: