What's new

Killer a5 Haze (First grow ever)

BumSplodgeBrownPants

The 1st thing I'd say is stop worrying and trying to rush stuff. Growing takes time and a little patience.

You'll need 4 or 5 weeks till flowering, then another 10-12 weeks for flowering.
2 weeks hanging to dry, then trim and jars for burping for another week or two.

All in, about 20 weeks before you can then sit and watch the stuff curing in jars.

Or you can rush it all and have a crop of early harvested "fear" everytime you smoke it. :peek: :biglaugh:
Or mess about too much and destroy a plant, then play catch up nursing it back to health.

Just sit back, put your feet up and pop your head in every morning to see if anything has happened. If not, try again tomorrow.

What size tent is this plant going in BTW?

Nextgeneration73

The 1st thing I'd say is stop worrying and trying to rush stuff. Growing takes time and a little patience.

You'll need 4 or 5 weeks till flowering, then another 10-12 weeks for flowering.

All in, about 20 weeks before you can then sit and watch the stuff curing in jars.

Or you can rush it all and have a crop of early harvested "fear" everytime you smoke it. :peek: :biglaugh:
Or mess about too much and destroy a plant, then play catch up nursing it back to health.

Just sit back, put your feet up and pop your head in every morning to see if anything has happened. If not, try again tomorrow.

It's not putting it in any tent besides what you see in the picture, the tent doesn't seem to be working well, or at least the LED light part of it being hung and also covering it doesn't seem to do well with the poles we have. Actually I don't know. But yeah mainly putting the LED light is the issue and the hangers don't work anywhere, the LED light only stays above on top of the poles and no where else. Yeah we don't want an early harvest but we should've known how long the order would've taken. Basically this grow was supposed to start about a month ago... That's why I kept asking people about what the effects would be of an early harvest of KA5H in case such a delay happened... I like to plan ahead on literally everything in my life...

Last edited:

FeelHaze

I agree with Mr. Bum.

You cannot rush things and there is no way your plants are going to be ripe by may. You need to be realistic about your planning. Plants needs to be mature to start flowering (5-6 weeks), what takes you to mid march. By may, you will be at mid flowering, meaning plants with a bunch of white pistils.

I also suspect your tent isn't big enough for a sativa plant. What size is it ?

I' m trying to help. My approach is just a staight to the point no BS thing.

Best regards :)

Nextgeneration73

I agree with Mr. Bum.

You cannot rush things and there is no way your plants are going to be ripe by may. You need to be realistic about your planning. Plants needs to be mature to start flowering (5-6 weeks), what takes you to mid march. By may, you will be at mid flowering, meaning plants with a bunch of white pistils.

I also suspect your tent isn't big enough for a sativa plant. What size is it ?

I' m trying to help. My approach is just a staight to the point no BS thing.

Best regards :)
I'm not sure because we fixed it up differently then it was originally made to be, no idea to be honest.

Nextgeneration73

Just chipping in here - i imagine the killer a5 to be quite a large, long flowering plant?
Assuming this, if time and space are short would it make sense to go pretty much 12/12 from seedling ? Not done this myself but have seen others have good results

All the best with the grow :tiphat:
That's exactly what I'm thing of doing. However it would be nice if anyone here is growing and flowering KA5H to try a early sample just to let me know what to expect. I don't mean to harvest it early but to just take off a bit from it and fast dry. So that I'm at least prepared for any disappointment, even if there might not be any. I've smoked earlier harvested Sativa's in the past not grown by me though, they were still trippy but idk.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
That's exactly what I'm thing of doing. However it would be nice if anyone here is growing and flowering KA5H to try a early sample just to let me know what to expect. I don't mean to harvest it early but to just take off a bit from it and fast dry. So that I'm at least prepared for any disappointment, even if there might not be any. I've smoked earlier harvested Sativa's in the past not grown by me though, they were still trippy but idk.
I've grown KA5 Haze outside and sampled both mine and my friends early.

I sorry to tell you that the early taken it's is very poor in comparison to it taken at full maturity. Even a sample taken 2 weeks before full maturity is less potent than the fully mature, which is really strong. If you take a month or more before it's ready it won't be worth the time and effort invested.

KA5 Haze, when mature is very strong..

Sativa's really do need a long flowering time.

I don't want to spoil your plans, but growing long flowering Sativa's indoors is difficult and perhaps as a beginner you might want to start with a quicker flowering strain. Is there any way you can get another type of seed quickly? If you're in Europe I can send you some within a week. I have some quick flowing female hybrids that you'd be welcome to.

Nextgeneration73

I've grown KA5 Haze outside and sampled both mine and my friends early.

I sorry to tell you that the early taken it's is very poor in comparison to it taken at full maturity. Even a sample taken 2 weeks before full maturity is less potent than the fully mature, which is really strong. If you take a month or more before it's ready it won't be worth the time and effort invested.

KA5 Haze, when mature is very strong..

Sativa's really do need a long flowering time.

I don't want to spoil your plans, but growing long flowering Sativa's indoors is difficult and perhaps as a beginner you might want to start with a quicker flowering strain. Is there any way you can get another type of seed quickly? If you're in Europe I can send you some within a week. I have some quick flowing female hybrids that you'd be welcome to.
I'll think about it! Maybe for the summer depending on how this goes. Are they Hybrid strains though? Not that there's anything wrong with Hybrids. Still trippy for my brain chemistry. I want to invest one day so that we have a house where we can grow more of these long flowering Sativa's which I'm saving my other KA5H seeds for. I've had friends who've grown weed, but never actually did it myself in my own place where I live! I've lost contact with most of them.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

I was thinking this 😂
Oh Sorry, I never noticed that you're the one who actually wrote that comment 🤦‍♂️, Oh my God what in the hell is wrong with me 🤷‍♂️ 😆 😬. I thought that you only put up the popcorn 🍿 smiley face comment and nothing else and that somebody else wrote the other comment starting with I'm just chipping in here🤦‍♂️ Now I just woke to see that you actually wrote the very same comment and replied to it because I didn't get it😂 I got it now though 👍😄

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Oh Sorry, I never noticed that you're the one who actually wrote that comment 🤦‍♂️, Oh my God what in the hell is wrong with me 🤷‍♂️ 😆 😬. I thought that you only put up the popcorn 🍿 smiley face comment and nothing else and that somebody else wrote the other comment starting with I'm just chipping in here🤦‍♂️ Now I just woke to see that you actually wrote the very same comment and replied to it because I didn't get it😂 I got it now though 👍😄
No worries…. Hope you have lots of luck 🍀 with the grow

Nextgeneration73

Actually I forgot to ask are these a different strain that you said you'll try to harvest by April 1st or the same? And my other question, are you planning on growing all the seeds together in that pot (seeing that you have more than one going in each? 🤔 Because if it's doable then my partner and I we're wondering if we should take out a second seed and put it in water this this time until it pops and then add it in the soil (but in the same pot I have going). Would that be doable or? May is not that far away from.l.now, it has to already be dried by then 😬 We could postpone our travel by a few days but the risks would be high for us, that's how mandatory it is, unless something we're to happen to completely change the need of us having to travel, maybe a world war three or something would definitely do the trick 😁 I'm not saying I want that to happen but there would be no other way to extend our growing season past the beginning of May... If we could we would go for it... Doesn't seem likely though

Hombre is right on max temps around 45 higher some days but cools down to 12c in winter at night.
They were sativa seeds and sativa dominant hybrids I dont think it would have mattered what they were.
Heres a pic they have been in direct sun all day today was 36c.
You may be able to see a few still germinating.
I hope to harvest them 1st April.
Lets see if I can have mature buds by then are you up for the challenge?
Just kidding but lets see if it can be done I'm confident it can.

View attachment 18954672
Another edited message... So that I don't accidentally delete what was written above... Has anyone had the issue of not being able to delete messenges on these forums but have to edit them instead? I remember back some time ago, when I tried to delete an entire message of mine but it also started deleting the actual words written by the person I was replying to 😬😳!

Last edited:

X15

Congrats and giving things a go! Don’t get down on yourself if things don’t go as you first imagined, growing is a learning experience for us all. It will get easier! 1st grow or 100th… there’s always something to learn along the way. In home caretakers of the plant… you will learn what makes your plants happy and healthy, just gotta build a relationship and understanding. You are doing a fine of job that!

Nextgeneration73

IMG_20240206_202616_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That light is awful far away from the plant. If you could get a clear plastic dome for the pot it would help keep in humidity. Keep that soil moist, and let nature do it’s work.

Shua1991

I'll think about it! Maybe for the summer depending on how this goes. Are they Hybrid strains though? Not that there's anything wrong with Hybrids. Still trippy for my brain chemistry. I want to invest one day so that we have a house where we can grow more of these long flowering Sativa's which I'm saving my other KA5H seeds for. I've had friends who've grown weed, but never actually did it myself in my own place where I live! I've lost contact with most of them.
If you're going the "grow your own" route, it's best to grow a bunch of seedlings and then select the very best among the population. You can only determine that by growing enough and smoking enough of the varieties, I personally recommend you select for plants that mature from the bottom up, the tops/main colas being the last flowers to reach maturity. I find the malawi phenotype that do this are much more stimulating and euphoric and generally flower about a week faster than the longer flowering malawi expressions, although those have more psychedelic/cbg/thcv phenotypes.

Latest posts

Latest posts