What's new

~Kief Junkie & QueenKief's 250w Organic Medi-Cab (soil) Grow!~ ~Pure & Blue Mystic~

T

teerull

got to agree with movingtocally!
Been reading this thread for long time, really enjoyed it!

keep it up!
T

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
That must be great to have someone to share the experience with.

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I never thought I'd see the day, that's for sure.

Sorry to post so long on here. I'm kinda feelin' down and don't want to go over to my own thread, so I thought I'd vent here. Anyways, enough of that bullshit.

Hey, no reason for apologies here. I enjoy the convo. Sorry to hear about your nute problems. I hope it shakes out soon for you. I'll be over on your thread as usual.

I can't wait to see things flowering for you man. I've been here since the start and you can def. count on me to stay around. You'll be smokin in no time.

You certainly have been here since the start and we appreciate that!

K.J

Veteran
I2KanGrow: I wish everyone could! I hope you at least don't have to hide it...that would be horrid.

movingtocally: Thanks for the kind words. Welcome!

teerull: Lurker! Thanks for coming out of the shadows. Glad you've enjoyed our project.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok I admit I'm lazy and hadn't been following this thread that closely and I just took a look through it and DAMN I'm jealous of your Air Pots!!!! I've been wanting to get the small ones for the DrBud HD SOG style... Good luck Junikes

K.J

Veteran
Ok I admit I'm lazy and hadn't been following this thread that closely and I just took a look through it and DAMN I'm jealous of your Air Pots!!!! I've been wanting to get the small ones for the DrBud HD SOG style... Good luck Junikes

Yo Thundurkel! Thanks for stopping by. We love the Airpots too. The only problem for our setup is that these ones are too large. We want to fit 6 plants in our flower room at a time, and with these we can only get 4 in there. I tried to order the 2.4 gallon AP's recently, but my supplier is out of stock and I can't get a response from them on when they'll be back. So I ordered some 3 gallon Smart Pots instead; hopefully they get here soon.

K.J

Veteran
Announcement: we have commenced operation "Cannabis Bondage". We LST'd the Pure ladies last night. They're doing well and already turned back up toward the light in varying degrees. I was going to take pictures for ya'll, but damn I'm tired right now and just can't ass myself to go down and do it. Maybe tomorrow.

If we can seal the flower room from remaining light leaks tonight, we'll be turning the lights off for their first 12 hour interval when we hit the hay. That means they'll officially be in flower by tomorrow morning! Now let us all pray that the lazy monster doesn't come and steal us away. :smile:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
lol "Cannabis Bondage"

I look forward to seeing the pics... or is it one of those credit card only pr0n sites :wink:

K.J

Veteran
Well, we worked on the light leaks some more and we just can't seem to get them all sealed up tight. We've tried 3 different types/sizes/styles of weatherstripping in tandem and solo and nothing seems to work. Thankfully the room they're in is dark most of the time anyway, especially at night when the lights will be off (hopefully we don't have to modify that because the temps get too cold at night). So come around 8-9am this morning, they'll officially be in flower!

We also re-potted the Blue Mystic's into the 5 gallon Airpot (yes, together). We only have room for 4 of the large AP's in our flower room, so our only other option was to go out and get some other kind of pot since our Smart Pot's haven't arrived yet. Oh well, I hope they work out in some fashion. I know it isn't ideal, but it's what we've got right now so we decided to just go with it.

B

banjobrain

Well, we worked on the light leaks some more and we just can't seem to get them all sealed up tight. We've tried 3 different types/sizes/styles of weatherstripping in tandem and solo and nothing seems to work. Thankfully the room they're in is dark most of the time anyway, especially at night when the lights will be off (hopefully we don't have to modify that because the temps get too cold at night). So come around 8-9am this morning, they'll officially be in flower!

We also re-potted the Blue Mystic's into the 5 gallon Airpot (yes, together). We only have room for 4 of the large AP's in our flower room, so our only other option was to go out and get some other kind of pot since our Smart Pot's haven't arrived yet. Oh well, I hope they work out in some fashion. I know it isn't ideal, but it's what we've got right now so we decided to just go with it.

Here's a thought, KJ...

If you can't seal up the doors on your mother room because of the gap, try taking the lock off the left door and placing a 1x4 on the door for the entire length of the door. The 1x4 should overlap the right hand door when closed. Install your weatherstripping on the 1x4, and bam! Now your door is sealed and light tight!

That should be an easy fix for you...good luck getting that taken care of and nice work on your babies! Everything is coming along nicely!

I enjoy reading your posts! I might even think about the airpots, too...we'll see. I've got a couple of weeks before I have to worry about that!

L

Luv2Blaze

KJ,

Sounds like your on your way brotha! can't wait to see some LST!! I love training, bonsai, lolly-popping, topping ecs....anything to increase your yield.
Also my wife and I smoke together as well, but I'm the one with the green thumb :canabis: she just reaps the reward. Anyway even with my recessed doors I had to add 1/4" weatherseal to lightproof the cab, but it's full of bogbubble (bubblegum) goodness right now. I'll have some pics by the weekend, and no selling this cab It's a keeper :)
I counted at least 40 tops last night after only 1 week 12/12 in the SCROG!!

K.J

Veteran
If you can't seal up the doors on your mother room because of the gap, try taking the lock off the left door and placing a 1x4 on the door for the entire length of the door. The 1x4 should overlap the right hand door when closed. Install your weatherstripping on the 1x4, and bam! Now your door is sealed and light tight!

We actually did basically the same thing, only we used leftover 3/4" ply. On the inside of the left door we attached a piece of ply that goes from top to bottom. The right door overlaps it when closed. We then placed weather stripping on both the right door and the board itself (tried various methods and placements). It works ok, but still isn't sealed tight enough.

The problem is in the measuring/construction mistakes we made early on. Instead of having the doors close so that they overlap the side walls, they close just inside of them, leaving no overlap with the walls and a gap between the door and the cab wall (I know this is totally clear as mud, but imagine how your typical cupboard doors close, they overlap the cupboard wall for a tight seal).

I spent a few hours last night trying to solve the problem and although it did improve some, I've decided that because of the flaws in our construction, there's just no way to effectively solve the problem with this cab. We'll just have to deal.

I enjoy reading your posts! I might even think about the airpots, too...we'll see. I've got a couple of weeks before I have to worry about that!

Thanks! I really enjoy the conversation. If you find the right size AP's for your setup, I promise you'll love them. Sure, they're a few more bucks, but well worth it.

K.J

Veteran
Sounds like your on your way brotha! can't wait to see some LST!! I love training, bonsai, lolly-popping, topping ecs....anything to increase your yield.

I'll have to snap a few pictures for you all to see. Last I saw them they were starting to grow in a way indicative of decent LST'ing, so hopefully it pans out.

Also my wife and I smoke together as well, but I'm the one with the green thumb :canabis: she just reaps the reward.

Whatever works! At least it's something you can share together on some level.

Anyway even with my recessed doors I had to add 1/4" weatherseal to lightproof the cab, but it's full of bogbubble (bubblegum) goodness right now. I'll have some pics by the weekend, and no selling this cab It's a keeper :)
I counted at least 40 tops last night after only 1 week 12/12 in the SCROG!!

Damn, BOG gear...how I wish I had me some authentic Sourbubble, or Bogbubble, or Lifesaver...or...or...

Yeah, your cab is super tight and super awesome. I wish ours had come together as cleanly. I knew we'd have to use weatherstripping no matter how well built it was, but man this is just ridiculous.

Thanks for coming by!

B

banjobrain

We actually did basically the same thing, only we used leftover 3/4" ply. On the inside of the left door we attached a piece of ply that goes from top to bottom. The right door overlaps it when closed. We then placed weather stripping on both the right door and the board itself (tried various methods and placements). It works ok, but still isn't sealed tight enough.

The problem is in the measuring/construction mistakes we made early on. Instead of having the doors close so that they overlap the side walls, they close just inside of them, leaving no overlap with the walls and a gap between the door and the cab wall (I know this is totally clear as mud, but imagine how your typical cupboard doors close, they overlap the cupboard wall for a tight seal).

I spent a few hours last night trying to solve the problem and although it did improve some, I've decided that because of the flaws in our construction, there's just no way to effectively solve the problem with this cab. We'll just have to deal.

Thanks! I really enjoy the conversation. If you find the right size AP's for your setup, I promise you'll love them. Sure, they're a few more bucks, but well worth it.

I understand your dilemma regarding your doors...sorry to hear that. You'll figure out a solution, though - I'm sure.

I actually had a "dream" or some fading thoughts about airpots as I fell asleep last night...I thought about making some with a type of mesh outside and a window screen...but buying airpots would simply be easier - lol

Amazing how we start thinking when we begin the DIY process!

K.J

Veteran
I actually had a "dream" or some fading thoughts about airpots as I fell asleep last night...I thought about making some with a type of mesh outside and a window screen...but buying airpots would simply be easier - lol

Amazing how we start thinking when we begin the DIY process!

I've actually seen a number of fellow IC folks attempt making their own (I think Suby was one of them). From what I recall, they actually looked like they might be pretty sweet. But yeah, if there's no advantage, and making one would cost you more in time than buying one would cost you money, then what's the point? Unless you get some personal satisfaction out of a strict adherence to DIY ethics, then knock yourself out I say. :smile:

B

banjobrain

I've actually seen a number of fellow IC folks attempt making their own (I think Suby was one of them). From what I recall, they actually looked like they might be pretty sweet. But yeah, if there's no advantage, and making one would cost you more in time than buying one would cost you money, then what's the point? Unless you get some personal satisfaction out of a strict adherence to DIY ethics, then knock yourself out I say. :smile:

Nah...I have no strict policies regarding DIY ethics...I mean, I'm buying prefab light kits!

Making airpots would be a real pain in the butt, but it might be something fun to try out someday...I think I might like to try airpots for my mothers.

I'll probably stick with SWC for my clones, though...

I should have some pics of a cab much closer to completion later this afternoon! I had to take a break, though. Figured I'd check up on the folks here at IC.

See ya 'round! :abduct:

I will presume you're speaking figuratively when you say "tight"? Lol! It's far from tight literally speaking. Thanks for the props!

We too live in a very dry climate. Being that we plan to use the utility room for this, I think we'll be okay in terms of air flow as there's not a lot of air movement within the room, just a lot of air being sucked out of the room (which may cause the problem you're concerned about, what do I know?).

Yes, the light does leak in from the flower room. Once we're ready to hang dry our harvest, we'll find a way to block at least most of that light from coming in.

So far our box runs around 10 degrees over ambient, which is good in our case since ambient in that room is usually around 65 degrees. And I would imagine that it's even cooler in the utility room since there's no direct light. So hopefully this works for us.

That said, it sure would have been nice to build in a little space for drying in our box. But the damn thing is big enough as it is! Our other idea is to build a standalone drying box, and then hook it into the grow cab via a 4" duct so that the air gets exchanged with the rest of the cab (and odor is thereby controlled).

Too precious? Is there really such a thing as too precious when it comes to your cannabis garden? :smile:

Thanks for the feedback and for staying with us on this journey!

LOL, I don't think I'll try to give anymore suggestions. You are on top of it, my friend.

Let me know how you fix your light leak, because I'm gonna have to redo my door for the next run.

And tell the Queen that I think she's doing a great job...

-dTv

K.J

Veteran
LOL, I don't think I'll try to give anymore suggestions. You are on top of it, my friend.

I don't know about being on top of it; sometimes it feels more like a scramble. But please, always feel free to offer up advice!

Let me know how you fix your light leak, because I'm gonna have to redo my door for the next run.

I've posted a few things about it recently, but here's the Cliff's Notes: we couldn't fix it entirely; it's better, but there are still some leaks and they will likely remain.

And tell the Queen that I think she's doing a great job...

I sure will!

jamrockjay

Everthing is looking gr8 KJ, its a shame u havnt managed to totally sort out the light leaks. lets hope this doesnt turn into a problem later on i guess only time will tell but i wish u all the luck. By the way KJ where did u get the pots u r using from? I like there idea of having holes around the pot instead of the normal pots with holes underneath at the bottom.. Cant wait to see some update pics.........:joint:

K.J

Veteran
Everthing is looking gr8 KJ, its a shame u havnt managed to totally sort out the light leaks. lets hope this doesnt turn into a problem later on i guess only time will tell but i wish u all the luck. By the way KJ where did u get the pots u r using from? I like there idea of having holes around the pot instead of the normal pots with holes underneath at the bottom.. Cant wait to see some update pics.........:joint:

Thanks for the good vibes jamrock. I think we'll be okay even though there are some light leaks. The room is usually always pitch black when the lights are off anyways.

They're called Airpots and I ordered them online from a nursery in OR. Search them on Google, they're called Grower's Nursery Supply, Inc. But it looks like they're currently only carrying most sizes in large lots of 50 or more. When I ordered, you could by them by the single. Because of this I've had to go and order a competing product called SmartPots (my inquiry to the Airpot supplier about stock supplies on their singles went unanswered).