What's new

Kerala Landrace info

troutman

Seed Whore
before i get to 50 posts anything can happen. it'l take a long time. i should come up with 50 different topics! and i dont even know hot to post on here!

Just go around and post here and there.

No need to post only in one thread.

At 10 posts a day it won't take long.

You only need another 20 posts.

danlilker

Hi Dan, I know he stayed in the town Varkala but will find out more details for you:tiphat:

awesome window. i just noticed and read your pvt msg. Hopefully i'll score some good beans once in Kerala! I wanna go to the north of india too (Himachal Prades, Manali etc) might as well kill 2 birds with a stone while there :dance013:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ danlilker, see if you can swing by Kashmir too. Mriko's story makes the hash sound like the best ever.

danlilker

^^ danlilker, see if you can swing by Kashmir too. Mriko's story makes the hash sound like the best ever.

@yesum: i will do my best. thing is i will land in goa beg. of jan.08 and i'll have a month on my own that i want to use and score as many beans as possible. i know 1 month is too short so i will have to organize myself and make the most out of it. If i could i would go to each and every place (kashmir included) but i think jan will be a cold time to go up there (H.P. and Kashmir). I would surely focus on the Kerala as it'll be nice and warm easier to move around. But india (it's already my 4th time) is a place i "know" and can go pretty easily any time. Surely Kashmir is a place i wanna go to, if not now, next time. I am also thinking of going to Israel where i have a good friend of mine (that i meet up with in Goa) he can help me in Israel as i know that "levantine" strains are very good strains (see Lebanon + Egypt + Turkey) Slowly slowly i'll get them all. Am a very determined mind. p.s. could anyone tell me how to create a new post here? Can't seem to find the button! Cheers!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took a bit of bud off my only 9 week Kerala and smoked it. Real nice high. Up and away but no anxiety or hyperactivity. I could sit still and think or chill. Kind of a dreamy effect with no crash at the end. The plant is near done, maybe another week or two at the most. I have the light set to 9/15 though.

I am gonna reveg this plant as the high is worth making a good stash of this herb. I have so many other strains to run I will just let the other seeds sit for now.

thejact55

Ten or eleven weeks seems kinda quick for kerala doesnt it?

Edit- i overlooked 9/15, but damn that would still be taking off a fair amount of weeks IMO.

Last edited:

riddly

in kerala harvest starts as late as late december and goes on even till february. They let it go all the way till the end and try to dry on the fields as police is getting tighter and tighter. It needs at least 3 months to grow and 5-6 to fully flower outdoors, in the soil-mother earth.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am also using a 10,000 K light and blue light speeds it up as well. It smokes great right now but will wait for some amber trichs, though sometimes they never arrive with sativas. Good amount of pistils are amber now.

Was surprised the high was so mellow as this strain is reputed to be soaring or speedy. An up high but rather dreamy and laidback at the same time.

troutman

Seed Whore
Ten or eleven weeks seems kinda quick for kerala doesnt it?

It's because he's running a very short unnatural photoperiod.

I know for a fact that will cost him in yields and possibly other things like potency.

You can't rush things and expect to win every time. :tiphat:

riddly

There s a slight variation in photoperiod in the south of Kerala being almost 12 12 all year round. No wonder plants are always so lush and in bloom in such a place. At this moment the sun starts hitting at 10 and goes to take a nap at 6.30pm

I can guarantee you that all plants under these conditions take off in less than one year and I mean any plant will reach considerable heights.

Kerala also make improvised oil with their Fenny, pure alcohol from cashew flowers.

All this to say that if you leave these plants for 5-6 months ( of just flowering) under such intense sun they ll reward you in amazing yields of stratospheric potency. The word “mild” is an understatement. It will be more likely that all your nerves will feel tensed up in a good way, your muscles toned up, your skin stretched,your perception heightened, as if you could become aware of another body of yours hovering up or around you, and many other subtle sensations. The length of the intensity and warmth under which these plants are exposed makes it possible to deliver such potency and overall results

K

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not much yield to lose, this plant is very lightweight anyways. I am sold on this light schedule, if you want to waste time that is your right.

Kerala is at latitude 10, I am at 32. They grow it in the mountains at 5-6000 feet elevation, I am much lower here. I am not gonna replicate that outdoors or inside here. The blue light I use is more in line with high altitude light, it also shortens the flowering cycle.

I have some Mextiza that gave me a electric buzz, not my favorite feeling if not accompanied by psychedelic feelings. So far it is lacking in the trip department. Same grow as the Kerala.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am chopping the Kerala today at 12 weeks flower. Smoked another bud a couple days back and the buzz is the same. Plenty mellow right now no need to add to that I think so chopping it.

The Mextiza did change from electric to normal high. Gonna dry both out and give a smoke report in a week or two.

The Kerala and the Ethiopian Highland share a similar feeling of looking at everything from a distance or detached. Good smoke to reflect on life and quite calm for pure sativas.

riddly

I agree with what you wrote about Kerala report🤩
It creeps on you all of a sudden, the head was energized for a good 3 hrs and when it came down it didn’t make me feel tired or stoned and I like that. Also the head was clear at the end not feeling heavy or hazy
Mine was grown outdoor in local environment latitude 9N at over 1000 metres a.s.l. Enjoy your Kerala!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• kerala 2 (1).jpg
    kerala 2 (1).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 36
  • kerala 2 (2).jpg
    kerala 2 (2).jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 34
Hello yesum

It looks really exotic! Thank you for your interesting posts about the Kerala.

Please, make a trip report once it's been well cured! From my experience some sativas give you big surprises after a long cure.

riddly

i am in Kerala. rain starts beginning/mid of June and ends end of august/beginning of September

G`day Corky

In the tropics there is the Monsoon season and the dry season .
Not year round rain .
A lot of places away from the coastlines actually get very dry . Then the wet season arrives .

Kerala is the same . Most of the rain arrives in the wet season . 3-4 months dry or little rain .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

riddly

Kerala

Kerala

Smoked it twice few days ago in kerala up on the mountains of the Idukki district (1000+ metres)from two big buds. While grinding it, lots of aromas were coming out. The most prominent one was mint/menthol, then citrusy lemoy, peppery, some vanilla/cacao and more
Beautiful effect, it makes you want to go out and enjoy the day. On the border with psychedelic. Makes you also contemplate the beautyyou can see in many things. Lasts a good 3+ hous and once the effect wears off, you land on earth with no side effects, not feeling hazy in the head or stoned in the body.
Really potent stuff.

Any ideas how often the mint smelling pheno comes up? I had a minty pheno of Krystalica (kerala x Nepalese) that was awesome in smell and effect so would love a pure minty or menthol kerala.

Also if I buy a pack now direct would I still get a decent germ rate (>65%) if I germ them in 2-3years time just stored at room temp?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Latest posts