What's new

Kerala Landrace info

C

Columbo1

@ngakpa

Any ideas how often the mint smelling pheno comes up? I had a minty pheno of Krystalica (kerala x Nepalese) that was awesome in smell and effect so would love a pure minty or menthol kerala.

Also if I buy a pack now direct would I still get a decent germ rate (>65%) if I germ them in 2-3years time just stored at room temp?

Thanks

Smoked it twice few days ago in kerala up on the mountains of the Idukki district (1000+ metres)from two big buds. While grinding it, lots of aromas were coming out. The most prominent one was mint/menthol, then citrusy lemoy, peppery, some vanilla/cacao and more
Beautiful effect, it makes you want to go out and enjoy the day. On the border with psychedelic. Makes you also contemplate the beautyyou can see in many things. Lasts a good 3+ hous and once the effect wears off, you land on earth with no side effects, not feeling hazy in the head or stoned in the body.
Really potent stuff.

Any ideas how often the mint smelling pheno comes up? I had a minty pheno of Krystalica (kerala x Nepalese) that was awesome in smell and effect so would love a pure minty or menthol kerala.

Also if I buy a pack now direct would I still get a decent germ rate (>65%) if I germ them in 2-3years time just stored at room temp?

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Hi Riddly,

That was me asking about the Kerala ...

Glad you found a nice minty pheno with positive effects. Sounds like your living the dream over there :dance013:

Are you planning on collecting any seeds from your journey?

Would love to see some pics of wild kerala growing or even dried buds if it's safe to do so :)

@yesum

What aromas did you get off your RSC Kerala? Based off your previous posts I think we're looking for a similar thing in a Sativa. Did Kerala come close to what you are looking for?

riddly

Kerala just sprouted. From latitude 9N. Growing now at latitude 15N

Planted directly in red soil, pretty heavy and muddy soil. Just for a test

Hope the pics get uploaded. As you can see after 2 days 5 or 6 already came up nicely

Enjoy Kerala

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 19

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoked it twice few days ago in kerala up on the mountains of the Idukki district (1000+ metres)from two big buds. While grinding it, lots of aromas were coming out. The most prominent one was mint/menthol, then citrusy lemoy, peppery, some vanilla/cacao and more
Beautiful effect, it makes you want to go out and enjoy the day. On the border with psychedelic. Makes you also contemplate the beautyyou can see in many things. Lasts a good 3+ hous and once the effect wears off, you land on earth with no side effects, not feeling hazy in the head or stoned in the body.
Really potent stuff.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

You are living my dream man. I am not gonna go there anytime soon or possibly ever but I do have some nice seeds, hehe. Cambodia is another place I think of, also Indonesia. Sumatran tripping weed. Working on getting some of those seeds too.

I gotta assume the Kerala you are smoking there is better than I will ever get out of by closet. That sun there and maybe other factors, are just unique. Your high sounds more lively and psychedelic than mine. Mine needs a cure though too.

riddly

@Yesum

Have some cambodian as well generously donated by fellow travellers in Vietnam.
Haven't had the chanc to germinate them yet but they are next on the list along with other pure tropical and sub tropical sativas.

Have a dear friend who lives in Java (not far from Sumatra) who keep telling me about the weed there and i keep telling him to bring back some present but he's scared as laws there are hard and if you get caught you'll be punished severely...
He rarely comes back home unfortunately and last time i saw him (few months ago) he didn't bring anything back.

The Kerala i tried is... i don't know.. has many positive adjectives... energizing, almost tripping/psychedelic, it all goes in your head mainly, me not being a smoker since 2007 i find it quite powerful to say the least.. thank god i know how to ride and surf it.

you have to go out and enjoy what life has to offer on a bright sunny day when you're on it, possibly in nature, which helps
a lot in having a great experience.

the thing is that the intensity of the sun in kerala is very very high, even more so when you're up on the mountains, the soil is very fertile, and it lends itself to growing basically all sort of plants. you can imagine how much sun it gets the whole day... the whole year.. 12 hrs a day.... no wonder it's that potent. what i like about it is that it is clean and doesn't leave you "stranded" if you know what i mean. after 3 good hours of high and fun and hyperactivity you land back on earth with clear mind and thoughts, not hazy at all and what i like even more is that you don't feel sleepy or lethargic.

Don't like the weed that puts you to sleep... tht's the main reason why i gave up smoking. this is right the opposite!
yes so as you say yesum it's the sun ( i think you would need 4-5 1000W each Budmaster to kinda reach the intensity of the sun in Kerala) :) the very fertile soil and so on make this plant grow at its full potential.

About the high i know that they leave it to dry and maybe cure in the fields, it goes more unnoticed. Several times polices busted houses and raided fields after some whistleblowing. Police very tight on checkposts and they are all scared.
The more you leave it curing the better the results. Ideally 6 months curing would be top but i don't know if you have all that patience :)

riddly

this is the Kerala i personally collected last summer (2017) north west of thailand not far from the burmese border at an elevation of 500m

hope the link works. if it doesn't, you can see the pics in my photo album

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=76142&pictureid=1826150

the thickness of the leaves is very thin but nice to see that the edges of the leaves is so serrated/jagged giving them almost a sawlike effect

Last edited:

riddly

sorry this post should have gone in the Thai section. I am sorry but i don't know how to delete it from the kerala thread. Please moderators could you delete it or move to the appropriate thread (Thailand) ? thank you and sorry again

kaypee

in 2017 i brought back a big batch of kerala seeds to cali. i posted about it a few pages back. i got 5 to sprout out of the 30 i sowed. they were put outside around may and grew like crazy. one pheno had blood red stems, no deficiency, it was very impressive. i have a video of the 5 plants , i will upload it sometime.

they were in small 5 gal pots, but in the middle of my huge outdoor garden, i didnt want the males to spread pollen so i gave them to a friend to keep in veg.. we will start moving forward with the project this season, with open pollinations of those 5 plants, pollen collection, and hitting some local clones with the males. these foregin cultivars are interesting to me.

kerala herb is really psychedelic, and they grow well in california sun. I was just in south india a couple weeks ago, collecting more kerala seeds. also was in the annapurna region of nepal and got some great seeds during the shivaratri festival.

currently in northern laos and found some decent seeds while hanging out along the mekong. hopefully i have the same luck in cambodia next week.

kaypee

i was in fort kochi, alleppey, idduki, munnar, then into karnataka to kodaikanal. all by bus thru the western ghats, i would recommend it.

herbgreen

Veteran
If you want to put a video on here you can upload to youtube and post a link here

Sounds good....southern India really got some interesting tropicals NLDs

riddly

i was in fort kochi, alleppey, idduki, munnar, then into karnataka to kodaikanal. all by bus thru the western ghats, i would recommend it.

Done the idukki bit on buses both way from cochi and back and i saw death on many occasions. I really thought thid was gonna be my last trip!
Drivers in kerala! They just dont care!
Are the plants in the pic you posted from which place? Idukki? Munnar? Or... mine pics are from further south and i ve planted them while still here in a 8 acres land of friend. Will soon update with some more pics

kaypee

those were the 5 plants i got to sprout from the 30 i tried germinating . i have more seeds, i just wanted to see the germ rates. the pic is from my hillside in the emerald triangle .

the video is of when they are about 4-5 feet tall, gotta try posting it up. i think i can do it in my album, but not enough posts or something.

W

Water-

I have a couple packs of RSC kerala, but am looking at purchasing some from Coco Genes

does anybody have any experience with Coco or their kerala variety.

thanks

hellfire

those were the 5 plants i got to sprout from the 30 i tried germinating . i have more seeds, i just wanted to see the germ rates. the pic is from my hillside in the emerald triangle .

the video is of when they are about 4-5 feet tall, gotta try posting it up. i think i can do it in my album, but not enough posts or something.

Is this the idukki gold? Aka shevalawthi iirc (spelling). Do you think itll finish outdoors or need light dep to finish?

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I have a couple packs of RSC kerala, but am looking at purchasing some from Coco Genes

does anybody have any experience with Coco or their kerala variety.

thanks

I was recently gifted a pack of kerala and a chillum ordered directly from cocos site. I also placed an order myself , payed via paypal and got tracking info the next day, delivered 4 days later. I will be growing out the kerala in a couple months.

W

Water-

I was recently gifted a pack of kerala and a chillum ordered directly from cocos site. I also placed an order myself , payed via paypal and got tracking info the next day, delivered 4 days later. I will be growing out the kerala in a couple months.

I orderderd from them and had the same good experience.
now i have RSC and Cocos Keralas to compare this year.

Latest posts

Latest posts