What's new

Kerala Landrace info

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
These are Indian Hazes (Kerala x Original Haze) at around 55 days flowering..

The one in the middle is a Swazi redbeard, 24 days of flowering and already further in development than the two hazes

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Nice man! Glad to see those going on! Definitely not for the impatient lol.

I wonder which Keralan Sam used? Not sure if he was around Munnar or Mysore area back then...

Peace.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Nice man! Glad to see those going on! Definitely not for the impatient lol.

I wonder which Keralan Sam used? Not sure if he was around Munnar or Mysore area back then...

Peace.

These two make the original haze seem fast flowering so it must have been something with an astronomical flowering time. The haze is already somewhat adapted to subtropical conditions in California. There are wild octopus looking creeper phenotypes and consistently narrower leaves than in the RSC version so I suspect it may have been a different Keralan.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Thule and MF,loving the thread...I'm Gonna pop some of the Kerala x O Haze along with a bunch of other Haze's and NLD's this spring,I will let ya know when I get em going.
Sam's South Indian was from the Munnar area not Mysore,from a farmer not a wild pick-U may be able to get some more details out of him ;)
I worked and crossed a Mysore line for a few years that a friend hunted in the early '90's that was great but pretty different to Kerala in smell and taste-although similar structure and habits...a little quicker and chunkier maybe. It was a much more like Earthy-Musky,Honey and Sandalwood.

kaypee

i've been bouncing around south india this past month. from what i've learned, the ganja in kerala doesn't grow wild like it does up north in the himalayas. it's actually cultivated in certain areas, idduki specifcally, strictly for flowers, not hash like the northern states. the smell is so unique, it brings me back to my first south indian travels 15 years ago.

the thing is it's hard to find properly dried/cured flowers in asia.

and mysore i think is in karnataka state, not kerala.

either way, i have a handful of seeds that were cultivated in kerala that will be worked thru in california . i look forward to sharing.

D3pthCharg3

i've been bouncing around south india this past month. from what i've learned, the ganja in kerala doesn't grow wild like it does up north in the himalayas. it's actually cultivated in certain areas, idduki specifcally, strictly for flowers, not hash like the northern states. the smell is so unique, it brings me back to my first south indian travels 15 years ago.

either way, i have a handful of seeds that were cultivated in kerala that will be worked thru in california . i look forward to sharing.

What a wonderful place to be..

Shaheed

Blessings be upon you, please don't forget me when you decide to share...I am sure the Kerala would enjoy Jamaica

Kush_Kloud

Hi Shaheed a Kerala strain grown in Jamaica sure does sound nice. Considering that I have read that Indian immigrants might of brought Indian cannabis to Jamaica. Please do a grow report thread when you get those seeds. I'm sure a cross of Bushman's 1960 Jamaican Lambsbread x Kerala would be incredible! I hope someone reads this and gets the idea to try this cross out if they have these genetics.

KK

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Kush_Kloud,

Funny you mention that cross because that is exactly what I will be doing in the future with my RSC kerala as well as the Manipuri that I have on deck:) Plan to run them.alone side the Bushman Lambsbread I was kindly gifted by Jah (Vibes Collective).

Saludos

RC_Colas

Hi Shaheed a Kerala strain grown in Jamaica sure does sound nice. Considering that I have read that Indian immigrants might of brought Indian cannabis to Jamaica. Please do a grow report thread when you get those seeds. I'm sure a cross of Bushman's 1960 Jamaican Lambsbread x Kerala would be incredible! I hope someone reads this and gets the idea to try this cross out if they have these genetics.

KK

kaypee

happy to say that around 100 beans made it back safely. all came from the same batch.

we were smoking chillums while sifting thru the ganj, the high is pretty psychadelic compared to all the indica dom hybrids I see in cali. will soon see how viable these seeds are.

at the moment I'm limited to strictly outdoor but my breeder friend will hopefully help me with an open pollination project to really get these out there.

i also came across some tamil nadu grown outdoor, but my local friends were saying how it was inferior to the kerala. they also had some indoor from madras.

window

Veteran
Does anyone know why my pics in this thread don't show anymore?
The album is set to public so I don't know what I've done.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hey what's up people?

I have now taken down two Indian haze females after 23-24 weeks of flowering, planted them in june I think.. must be a personal record. Sorry, I didn't have an opportunity to take any pics, perhaps while they're curing. I was able to keep them manageable at about 50cm tall, both plants yielding around 10g. Not a monster stash but very little keeps you going for very long... A proper cure is needed before I can really judge the smoke. I've only smoked the more indoor friendly (faster, slightly fatter) pheno and it's good.

Siever

Veteran
Dear Thule,

From which seed company is Indian Haze? That strain seems really special. Perhaps it's something like Mango Biche?

Kind regards,

Siever

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Dear Thule,

From which seed company is Indian Haze? That strain seems really special. Perhaps it's something like Mango Biche?

Kind regards,

Siever

From seedsman years ago, they no longer carry it but we're working on bringing this stuff back for good. I already have a new generation of seeds ready from these two plants. And A LOT of crosses.

I can't say I know much about mangobiche. I think Indian haze is quite similar to original haze, just started smoking both varieties so can't compare their personalities just yet.

Genghis Kush

Dear Thule,

Kind regards,

Siever

check out Flying Dutchman seeds.
they have Haze Mist which i think is the same as the Indian Haze Seedsman sold.
The also have Kerala X Skunk

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am in. Went to Seedsman and got the Kerala, Ukhrul, Kumaoni, Nanda Devi and he might throw in some Lebanese as I sent extra.

Every time I see a thread I gotta go and get those beans! Have to follow these threads for smoke reports and wait till I can grow some of these new strains.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Does anyone have a smoke report?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts