What's new

Kerala Landrace info

Ogtg2213

This is my second grow with her, Picts are from mids on the plant. The colas are so big they take 14+ days to dry.

She yields well with huge main colas, it has a very nice clean high with up and down effects that last 2-3 hours for a heavy smoker. This pheno has hints of lemon/floral smell but it doesn't translate into taste. It tastes pretty generic and the buds are a bit loose for my liking. But still considered dense for a sativa.

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
    IMG_3350.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 34
C

Columbo

@ngakpa

Any ideas how often the mint smelling pheno comes up? I had a minty pheno of Krystalica (kerala x Nepalese) that was awesome in smell and effect so would love a pure minty or menthol kerala.

Also if I buy a pack now direct would I still get a decent germ rate (>65%) if I germ them in 2-3years time just stored at room temp?

Thanks

Ogtg2213

It's a clone I was gifted from a buddy that mostly runs landrace genetics. He mostly deals with the real seed company. He's on old off grid hippy so it will be a while before I run into him again. if you are interested, I can inquire about them next time I see him

burningfire

Veteran
It's a clone I was gifted from a buddy that mostly runs landrace genetics. He mostly deals with the real seed company. He's on old off grid hippy so it will be a while before I run into him again. if you are interested, I can inquire about them next time I see him

hehe, I Got a chuckle out of that

ngakpa ;)

ngakpa

Veteran
What part amuses you?

oh, he's just laughing in a good way - it's funny because I collected the original seeds the clone comes from (in Kerala, Idukki district)

it's really great to see that clones have been kept of the Kerala - that's what this is all about - puts a smile on my face to know that people are keeping the strains going in their pure form

the description is really interesting too and exactly what I would expect

the strength of the Kerala is in its lovely clean uplifting high

the shortcoming can be in exactly what you mention: although it always smokes very smoothly, the flavour can lack the intense richness of, for example, a good Thai strain... but I'm sure that can be addressed through further breeding

really great that the grower has found a plant with the high, aroma, big yield and even bud density too

next time you are in touch with this grower I would love to know what their plans are

what are your plans for it?

for me keeping the strains in their pure form is the most important and worthwhile thing - and working on them that way

but the potential for crosses is also hard to resist

Ogtg2213

Good to hear, I will make a point of runing into my old friend again, sooner than later.
I enjoy her to smoke and will possibly make some hash with it, it was a rather large harvest of it, so I'm stalked up for a while :)

Criollo

Well, i smoke Kerala from TRSC, and is effects was clear, but with a little relax but not tired...mind relaxed (may be this is subjetive), for example nanda devi was clear and active for me. I think has a good potency and the better is her possitive feelings, so remarkable.

The last, i think the effect was a little more longer than other varietes but im not sure about this.

Growed in indoor with no much light and not much experience and of to little plants only give 6 or 7 seeds (male flowers in their buds) wich i thinkn is good

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Was thinking to run the Nanda Devi next but the Kerala sounds more relaxed, so may run it instead.

danlilker

@Window: could you ell me where your friend (if he does remember) got the seeds from in Kerala? what village? i am going to goa and kerala in january and i'm a seed collector... :)

cheers
Dan

baduy

^^ Was thinking to run the Nanda Devi next but the Kerala sounds more relaxed, so may run it instead.
Hi Yesum, if you like your weed positive and relaxed and don't care for high potency you would probably find something good for you with a little pheno hunting inside Himalayan genes, that's prercisely where they shine if you find a good THC pheno despite an often not very nice smoke ( more suitable for making hash )
Cheers

window

Veteran
@Window: could you ell me where your friend (if he does remember) got the seeds from in Kerala? what village? i am going to goa and kerala in january and i'm a seed collector... :)

cheers
Dan

Hi Dan, I know he stayed in the town Varkala but will find out more details for you:tiphat:

danlilker

@window: Awesome! and much appreciated. Varkala is south west of the western ghats / idukki district /peryar national park / cardamom hills etc (the area/s where supposedly the real kerala is grown up there somewhere). i also read somewhere (can't remember now thee source) in an article that, ver the years, due to the police trying to crack down on it, farmers have moved the plantations a bit further up north, i mean north of idukki and cardamom hills. well f your friend has or can get such info that would be much appreciated :) wuld love to come back with a nice decent fat pouch full of kerala seeds (you'd be rewarded ;) ) cheers! Dan

window

Veteran
danlilker, you need to get to 50 posts, then you can receive and send PM's, I have info for you but seeing as your not going till January, there is plenty time to get your post count up.
Apparently, it is incredibly easy to score in Kerala, especially Varkala.

danlilker

danlilker, you need to get to 50 posts, then you can receive and send PM's, I have info for you but seeing as your not going till January, there is plenty time to get your post count up.
Apparently, it is incredibly easy to score in Kerala, especially Varkala.

window how about if i leave you my email here? is it possible? or do i get banned? :) pls let me know. am already preparing for the trip :tiphat:

danlilker

before i get to 50 posts anything can happen. it'l take a long time. i should come up with 50 different topics! and i dont even know hot to post on here!