What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

aus kush dr

Hey elma. Thank you for that. No mate Its definatly not me. Sorry the way I reacted. I am sure you can understand. I have a lot of respect for kanga. I can remember some amazing pictures he posted at another site. The guy is in a class of his own. I, m so sorry to hear what happend to him. Locking people up for growing sickens me! What is wrong with this world. Please accept my deepest appologies. It just took me by suprise. I'm just here to share and spread the love. I can see by your posts on here you are a pasionate and your love for the plant is very apparent. Yes I have a lot of oldschool genetics. Unfortunatly I haven't got the bright enviorment to grow them. Indoors just does not do them justice. They are unable to fully express thenselves. I have been reading about dj shorts thoughts on diffrent photoperiods suited to these types. What are peoples thoughts on this? I would love to hear fro anyone who has experimented with these. Lots of love doc

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day AKD

No probs .
I jumped the gun saying what I did .

I`d recommend sexing the plants then growing clones of them .
Shorter internodes , and they set flower a bit earlier . No more than 1 week veg for the clone once it takes root .

Check out this tread Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Lots of good info re old school Sats in there .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
How do I get a leaf or seeds, old and dead is fine, of MM?
I will just test the DNA and see if it is THAI, Colombian, or what.....
Even MM hybrids will be of help. PM me if you can help or suggest a way for me to get this.
-SamS

ozza

Veteran
My mate just asked for the ABC for you Sam over at another forum and he didn't say no, but didn't say yes. Another guy said he had MM over there and a few have been talking about it it the Aussie Nz lounge thread.

mack 10

Veteran
Crazy that people are scared to share even DEAD material.

I think the tinfoil hat crew think you are somehow going to steal everyone's strains by copying there DNA.
even though that's not possible.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
No problem, we come from a world of fear, Cannabis was illegal everywhere until recently, many people are used to thinking someone is coming to get them, hell they might have been right.
That said there is no way I know of that the DNA from a dead seed or leaf can be grown, zero. All that can be gotten is the DNA information, that we hope to use for creating a family tree of Cannabis that will reveal Cannabis evolution and family relationships, like where all the strains originated and how they spread across the globe, and what is related to what.
I really want landraces, they are not owned by any one person, they were created over hundreds or thousands of years by thousands of farmers worldwide, it is kind of funny that a person will buy some imported seeded Cannabis in the USA, find some seeds and think they are "theirs" forgetting about the culture that created it, grew it, the people that smuggled it to the USA, the wholesaler, retailer, etc, to me the seeds belong to mankind, not one person, but I do not want any ownership I just want the DNA info they contain, and we will share the info.
I can kind of understand a bit more if some one has spent 5 years to create a Cannabis variety not found in nature, and wants to ensure that no one knocks off his variety, but it is pretty easy to do, either by cloning a live plant or by using STS and trying to find an S1 similar to the original. If you release the living variety this can happen, no matter what you do. If you give a dead seed or a dead leaf, nothing is alive, nothing can be stolen, just info that will help construct a Cannabis family tree that will benefit everyone.

This will be done, it is being done by 5 different groups that I know of and it is just time before the questions start to be answered about Cannabis evolution and relationships. I hope to help with the effort, I believe in the work and I know what we are doing is good for Cannabis. I have worked my whole life to help bring Cannabis back into the mainstream, this work will help, for medical, recreational, for hemp. I expect a DNA test for intersex will be one of the first benefits, imagine being able to screen seedlings with a DNA test that will reveal any that are genetically intersex or even a test for intersex that is expressed by Cannabis from stress. DNA Tests for Males are available today, female tests are just around the corner, then will come intersex tests, I bet within a year or two.
The male tests also just got a lot better, I will reveal why as soon as I am permitted by the developers, whom I know but am not working with. Exciting times, I found this online:
http://montanabiotech.com/2011/04/1...enetic-profiling-provided-by-montana-biotech/
They maybe overstating their tests, I am not sure.
I have no idea if it works, I will get a few and give it a try. I have been dreaming of this for 20 years, if it does not work, someone else will have a DNA intersex test before long that is for sure, it is getting closer and closer. I know several DNA groups working on it, I have been prodding them.
Just think if you could use intersex testing before picking breeding parents. A decade of that and the intersex problem of drug Cannabis seeds made in the West will be one of the past. Until breeders find out their cherished mothers are in fact passing on intersex traits, what will they do then? I know what I would do. Find parents without intersex. I can see future seeds labeled with a NO INTERSEX label that says the parents have been tested with the XXXXX intersex detection kits and are intersex free. I know I want to be able to do this.
-SamS

Last edited:

ozza

Veteran
No problem, we come from a world of fear, Cannabis was illegal everywhere until recently, many people are used to thinking someone is coming to get them, hell they might have been right.
That said there is no way I know of that the DNA can be stolen or grown, zero. All that can be gotten is the DNA information, that we hope to use for creating a family tree of Cannabis that will reveal Cannabis evolution and family relationships, like where all the strains originated and how they spread across the globe, and what is related to what.
I really want landraces, they are not owned by any one person, they were created over hundreds or thousands of years by thousands of farmers worldwide, it is kind of funny that a person will buy some imported seeded Cannabis in the USA, find some seeds and think they are "theirs" forgetting about the culture that created it, grew it, the people that smuggled it to the USA, the wholesaler, retailer, etc, to me the seeds belong to mankind, not one person, but I do not want any ownership I just want the DNA info they contain, and we will share the info.
I can kind of understand a bit more if some one has spent 5 years to create a Cannabis variety not found in nature, and wants to ensure that no one knocks off his variety, but it is pretty easy to do, either by cloning a live plant or by using STS and trying to find an S1 similar to the original. If you release the living variety this can happen, no matter what you do. If you give a dead seed or a dead leaf, nothing is alive, nothing can be stolen, just info that will help construct a Cannabis family tree that will benefit everyone.
This will be done, it is being done by 5 different groups that I know of and it is just time before the questions start to be answered about Cannabis evolution and relationships. I hope to help with the effort, I believe in the work and I know what we are doing is good for Cannabis. I have worked my whole life to help bring Cannabis back into the mainstream, this work will help, for medical, recreational, for hemp. I expect a DNA test for intersex will be one of the first benefits, imagine being able to screen seedlings with a DNA test that will reveal any that are genetically intersex or even a test for intersex that is expressed by Cannabis from stress. Tests for Males are available today, female tests are just around the corner, then will come intersex tests, I bet within a year or two.
The male tests also just got a lot better, I will reveal why as soon as I am permitted by the developers, whom I know but am not working with. Exciting times, I found this online:
http://montanabiotech.com/2011/04/1...enetic-profiling-provided-by-montana-biotech/
I have no idea if it works, I will get a few and give it a try. I have been dreaming of this for 20 years, if it does not work, someone else will have a DNA intersex test before long that is for sure, it is getting closer and closer.
Just think if you could use intersex testing before picking breeding parents. A decade of that and the intersex problem will be one of the past. Until breeders find out their cherished mothers are in fact passing on intersex traits, what will they do then? I know what I would do. Find parents without intersex. I can see seeds labeled with a NO INTERSEX label that says the parents have been tested with the XXXXX intersex detection kits and are intersex free. I know I want to be able to do this.
-SamS

This in turn will make it easier for breeding won't it and also make less need for feminised seeds? Would feminising then become more stable because you would have definite female pollen? or would it become impossible to feminise? Have you got a link to tell me what is actually going on with genetics when feminising so I can study? Does colloidal silver change the genetics or just bring out intersex traits already there?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
This in turn will make it easier for breeding won't it and also make less need for feminised seeds? Would feminising then become more stable because you would have definite female pollen? or would it become impossible to feminise? Have you got a link to tell me what is actually going on with genetics when feminising so I can study? Does colloidal silver change the genetics or just bring out intersex traits already there?

Feminized seeds will still be made and sold but they could be intersex free. STS does not change any genetics, only the sexual expression is altered for a time. If you DNA sex test a female transformed to male it will show as a female with a DNA test even if flowering with male flowers.. The genes are female the sex expression is male.
I do not know of a link, I do not make or sell all female seeds, except for in-house breeding R&D work never released.
-SamS

bushweed

Veteran
Hi Sam, like I told you I'm not at liberty to share the MM seeds I have, but Yantra pty ltd. have a pure MM that, while not particularly powerful, looks like the real thing:

https://yantraseeds.com/product/mullumbimby-madness-x-1-regular-seed

The Mullumbimby locals they sourced it from said that it was a highland Thai x Lowland Thai/Colombian...

While I'm at it, here's some of Kanga's MM line...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bloody plants so epic it takes two pictures ;)

Not too long until that bugger gets out of the Cockmeat Sandwich Hotel.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yeah Ihope he had some of his genetics stashed?
Anyone know how long he had left?

G`day Mack

Genes lost as far as I know .
Kanga was planning to open a seed bank . So wasn`t sharing what he intended to sell .
A few pockets held by friends . But the true Mullum is as rare as rocking horse shit .
Charlie Garcia has some of the Oaxacan via Bush weed .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
What can I say but WOW? This looks so interesting, if it has the smells, type of effects and strength as reputed, then what can I say, except I would like to confirm the Thai and Colombian genetics in the DNA if I could. I can use dead seeds or even better a dead dry leaf to extract the DNA for analysis.
Beautiful,
-SamS

Hi Sam, like I told you I'm not at liberty to share the MM seeds I have, but Yantra pty ltd. have a pure MM that, while not particularly powerful, looks like the real thing:

The Mullumbimby locals they sourced it from said that it was a highland Thai x Lowland Thai/Colombian...