What's new

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
hawaii x maui is fem don't cross it into that it would introduce hermies into the gene pool IMO :tiphat:

G`day WW

Don`t be prejudiced towards Fems .
All that fems are herms stuff was scare mongering .
I`ve grown plenty not a herm in sight . Had more herms from reg seeds from Brand Name breeders .

Femming changes the sexual expression of the plant . If it was a herm . Good chance its off spring will herm . If its a solid female reversed . No different to making reg seeds . Its all in the parents . Good parents = good seeds .

And don`t get me started about the male herms that lurk in regular seeds ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:

wallywombat

yeah makes sense elmer I'm a hypocrite myself i crossed Hawaiian snow (fem) to kens GDP regular and have grown out over 200 seeds never seen one banana no hermies , so what you're saying makes complete sense, thanks for you info mate

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
I'm actually surprised at the amount of male herms that I've found over the last few years :yoinks: Seems to be a bit of it going around :chin:
Not anything to do with Kanga's Mullumbimby crosses though, these are other genetics :tiphat:

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
on nevil and northern lights; mustafunk recently posted this quote from the source of nevil's nl line.

Originally Posted by NL Seattle Greg View Post
Aloha,

The base plants for the entire Seattle Northern Lights strains 1 to 10 was a batch of seed sent from Afghanistan that ended up in Herbie's employers hands who just happened to be an old friend from High School so I was able to get four seeds. Then I started doing seed crops of the pure Indica and crossing it with other strains from Nepal, Mexico, and Columbia.

I had clones and seed and NL#5 was Hawaiian x Steve Murphy's Afghani Strain that is what I sent to Nevil. Steve Murphy owned The Indoor Sun Shoppe in Seattle. NL #5 was a F1 hybrid in 1982.

Northern lights # 1 was Nevils Afghani crossed with the Seattle Afghan strain form Steve Murphy.

I have been breeding since 1970 and he got NL from me. I sent seed to Ben and Kees at Sensi too for giving me the nutrient formula for Grodan and Seattle water.

The 11 strains were graded by height and flavor for indoor growing. The #1 was a short phenotype pure Indica from Afghanistan as was #2,3, & 4. #5 to #11 were the Hybrids with the narrow leaved strains we worked with.

The 11 packets of seed Nevil received were graded the #1 ,2, 3, were 100% indica, #5 the clone I traded Herbie Nelson for was 50% Afghani & 50% Hawaiian sativa. The others #6-#11 were crosses with Columbian, Thai, and Mexican Sativas. Nevil then sold out to Ben, became partners with Arjan, and then hooked up with the Mr. Nice Crew.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36181&highlight=sativa&page=624

back to mullum madness. i've got southern star seeds mullum madness. according to ozg there is quite a bit of genetic diversity in the seed stock grown from seeds acquired 20 + years from a grower in the nimbin area that believed the strain was mullum madness (including the purple pheno which ozg says occurs fairly frequently). i had 1 female finish (lots of plots this year busted ( 3 patches) and 2 patches bulldozed under by developers so lucky to even get 1 to finish. i had to ditch my camera in the woods when leo nearly got me in one patch that was under surveillance. so, no pics this year. early smoke appraisals of my one pheno that made it to harvest is very similar to smoke reports on mm; up, energetic, some euphoria. not super powerful and not trippy. will let cure some.

ozza

Veteran
yeah makes sense elmer I'm a hypocrite myself i crossed Hawaiian snow (fem) to kens GDP regular and have grown out over 200 seeds never seen one banana no hermies , so what you're saying makes complete sense, thanks for you info mate
How does that taste Wally?

aus kush dr

Hi people
Great thread. Always good to see MM being grown.
I have a few questions. I am wondering where the MM used originates?
I am familiar with Madmans old offering, but there is always confusion regarding MM and OMS. So I am wondering the origin of these? Thank-you for any infos Doc

wallywombat

Hi there aus kush dr,
i believe KOG was the holder of OMS for quite some time , he stopped using it because he couldn't rid the hermi traits in OMS but a lot of people still grow it .. there is kangativas MM a stabilized line of Mullumbimby Madness from the early eighties,

and i know of madmans MM everyone old grower I've met along the north claims there growing some sort of madness i believe it truly spread to every corner of OZ,
I've grow a lot of different MM hybrids and plants claiming to me MM they have all been very similar i recently grew OMS i had all plant hermi accept for one beautiful female .

theres a lot of info on mullumbimby madness I'm sure some of the older folk on here will come and give you some more information, do a quick google search and you might find what your looking for ..

@ OZZA

my favourite phenotype has a linalool terrpine too it
tastes and smells like sour berrys purples around wk 9-10

aus kush dr

Hi wallywombat. Thanks for the info. Been out of the loop. I know where kangas line came from ao all good. I have madmans ans kogs and 20' thais lines so know there origins. To be honest any giant sat at the time in the area was called madness. It was a generic name. Sure when the mm name was coined it was a certain crop and strain. All the lines are obviously related in some way. But I'm looking for a certain line a guy called axe had. This is the purest line I know of and was maintained using proper breeding techs. I was hoping by some magical coincidence that this was the line used. But I doubt this line made its way into the public arena. And I can't for the life of me remember the area it came from. It was something creek or something crossing. Any old heads out there that can enlighten me?

kokomarin

Men,i hardly know little of english, but learning,
43 years old in 43lat n, se eu, newborn od grower.
Great storyies from you and pictures i never seen before..
Best vibes!

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day AKD

You`ve got a hide .
You were banned for bad mouthing Kangativa . Sticking the boot in when he was down .
Now come along with a new name and pretend it never happened ??

You may have some old school genes . But your judgement is poor .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

T

TheBatCave

all this dramas on the forums c'mon guys lets stay on topic please and to the drama heads bad karma for you

i really love kangas thread i hope hes safe and he gets out soon would love to write to him if i knew him to let him know that theres some good people out there who appreciate all his hard work

aus kush dr

Um elmer, what are you talking about? Badmouthing kanga, wtf are you talking about? Please show me where I am badmouthing? How you got badmouthing from I have absolutly no idear. How dare you! Wake up fool! I cannot believe you come in here and say crap like this. Where the hell have I badmouthed his line fool. How the hell you got that out of my questions is beyond me. I have not been banned from here idiot. I probly will be now for saying this. You are a fool. How the f@#k was I badmouthing it idiot. I asked where it originated idiot. Someone filled me in so know I know. How the f@#k did I bad mouth it? Idioy. Thanks for the welcome you stupid F@#k?

aus kush dr

I really can't believe this. Who the hell do you think you are. And who the hell do you think I am idiot? Because your wrong. You may want to get you facts straight before you start accusing people fool. So ban me now. If this is what this place is like I want no part of it. How dare you accuse me fool.?? As if I would put kanga down. I have the utter most respect for him and his work.how dare you. Wake up idiot

aus kush dr

I am very sorry for doing this in this most awesome thread. I have NEVER put kanga or his line down. I havw NEVER bewn banned from here and where the hell this idiot gets his info. Actually mis-info. I truelly can't bekeive this. Goodbye ic mag. Thanks a lot!

T

TheBatCave

^^^ umm children please get along
now lets get back to appreciating amazing work from passionate aussie growers like the famous Kangativa , this forum is a great place theres a lot of useful information here and great other growers who like to do the same like all of us here and thats the joy of marijuana , unity is everything <3

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day AKD

Well if I have mistaken you for some one else . I offer a full apology .

It was Bushie`s ref to Tasmania that got my hackles up . I jumped to the conclusion that you were the guy who did bad mouth him and was banned .

He was also looking for old lines from around that region . And dropped names and locations much the way you did .

I hope you can understand my misconception.

The offensive posts were deleted and the guy was banned long ago .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Latest posts

Latest posts