What's new

Jordan of the Islands

browntrout

Veteran
Uh oh, I have a couple recent packs of his god bud, after trying the BCBD version I thought I'd try the original source. Guess I will have to grow them out and see for myself.
How did you like the BCBD version? The owner of BCBD told me there's is straight up Purple skunk as was the original.

He sasy jordan has been crossing the purple skunk (God Bud) to many different strains over the years while keeping the name. It makes sense as the year it won the cup, the seeds were amazing!!!!!! (2004)

He said he's used hawaiin and afghan as outcrossings.

This is what has been told to me anyway.

EastCoastIndica

I'm no expert and the BC god bud was my first grow, but it was excellent.....super potent and stunk! I had to get a carbon filter as you could smell the 5 plants a mile down the road. I got JOTI's version to compare but haven't got around to them yet.

nick11

Veteran
That blueberry looks wicked. I don't like the way DJ Short changed his blueberry from the sickly sweet to the more floral side. Last blueberry I grew in 2007 was more sativa and floral, buds were gorgeous, just missing that blueberry syrup odor. Maybe I'm crazy.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Wether a coincidence or not, I’m not sure, but I’ve ordered two different strains of JOTI’s at different times (3/2014 & 2/2015) and received 11 seeds each time. That’s kind of a nice bonus.

The strains were Godbud and Cactus (NL x Afghani). Popped four Godbud and five Cactus. 100% successful germination. Got three females from Godbud, and five females from Cactus — seriously, five for five!

The three Godbud left me with one runt (should’ve culled her) and two very similar girls. These two had considerable stretch, close to three times. Not really what I was expecting. The five Cactus girls were impressive in their uniformity. Very similar height and structure with very little stretch. I should’ve vegged ‘em much longer.

Will be a bit before I can speak to the results but will try to get back to do so. For the price it seems as though JOTI was a good investment.

has anyone grown out Jordan of the island seeds recently? Im thinking of picking up some packs of genetics. heard to stay clean of godbud crosses but wanted to see what kind of luck others were having with his genetics

Tynehead Tom

^^^ master bator LOL you must be a fisherman eh?

I was gonna order some JOTI , I grew several of his offerings way back when he first hit the scene. Some of our reliable tried and true mountain outdoor varieties have JOTI influence in some of them. The early offering of afghani were actually pretty damn good and we used them in several crosses. This was before the internet seedbanks though.

I've got a keeper male of Nuken from the old cash crop ken, which is godbudxshiskaberry(F1). I've got a Shiskaberry F1 female , 1 of two survivors that sprouted from 17/18 year old seed, in the flower tent right now and that awesome chunky funky Nuken male is sequestered in another room till he starts pumping out pollen.
I imagine there will be some god bud phenos in the offspring and i'll be watching for them ;)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
has anyone grown out Jordan of the island seeds recently? Im thinking of picking up some packs of genetics. heard to stay clean of godbud crosses but wanted to see what kind of luck others were having with his genetics

I think the price makes JOTI worth rolling the dice on.

My list of JOTI wants, for someday: Northern BC Skunk, Super Skunk, Lemon Skunk, Blue Lights, Chemo and Afghani.

I agree with what others have said about the sheer number of offerings/crosses raising questions...

As mentioned in my post above, I ran Cactus and God Bud. In all fairness, I’m a little apprehensive to say too much... This run did NOT receive proper attention. I had a lot of other things going on at the time, and it was done in a test environment, one of three runs, with this being the last one... and truthfully these were bought, in large part, because of the price since they were to be run as test subjects.

With all that said, I’m pretty happy with Cactus. I think one could find some nice Indica keepers in there. I know I didn’t do ‘em justice, but it’s still some decent smoke. (Getting ready to twist one up as soon as I’m done here).

God Bud I grabbed not because I’m familiar with it on its own, but because it was one half of Reef’s G-SUS. I wanted it to see if I could find any similarity to G-SUS, which I miss and thought to be long gone (pleased to find that that’s not the case). And I had no idea when I ordered it (God Bud) that it was supposedly no longer its old self... I still have seven God Bud seeds left... maybe someday, but as of now I’m in no hurry to run ‘em again.

My neglect of this run includes a lack of pictures from flowering but I do have an early veg shot. The four to the right are God Bud and the five to the left are Cactus. The two solo cups are other clones. They’re a bit droopy ‘cause they were just misted...

Attachments

• Cactus and God Bud.jpg
    Cactus and God Bud.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 23

bigbadbiddy

Was very interested in JOTI varieties when I started researching strains.
Mainly because an AK47xBlueberry cross was high on my list and JOTI has stuff in that direction.

Was very close to pull the trigger a couple of times but ultimately didn't after talking to several growers who ran his gear recently and said there was nothing special in it from their experience.

Coupled with the sheer number of varieties on offer it gave me the impression that JOTI once found some good plants, made seeds from those, sold them, got a bit of a good reputation from those seeds sold and since then went overboard making crosses and selling seeds but simply not finding anything noteworthy anymore.
Add some neglect of parent plants, bad cloning, pruning, rejuvinating practices or whatever and that's when you get a decline in seed quality.

Basically I thought JOTI was exceptional for a second and now am convinced he is just your average pollen chucker.
Haven't read anything to change my mind since I came to that conclusion...

Tynehead Tom

here's my experience buying the 40 and 60 dollar seedpacks from decent breeders like JOTI and others. You can't just pop one or 2 or 4 beans and expect to see all that variety has to offer. It could take 20 to 50 seeds to find that outstanding female in the bunch.
popping a scant few beans and not finding a keeper pheno is extremely common with any seedbatch unless it's S1 seeds from a known individual that has killer traits.

This is why seeds from breeders that really work lines from hundred and thousand seedling selections, command the higher dollars for seedpacks.
I'd bet with most of JOTI's gear, you throw down 20 or 30 beans and grow them out, you'll find something worthy. I'm gonna gamble on that ;)

helios212

here in europe you get joti's beans pretty cheap , gave them a shot and was surprised , god's amnesia and god's ak47 turned out bomb ! ( 5 reg beans for 16 €uro :s )

bigbadbiddy

At that price it would definitely be worth getting the 20-50 beans to find a keeper (or just roll the dice and see if one gets lucky with a few).

I saw them priced at about 50 bucks for a 10pack and thought that was fair enough. But at that price I would expect to pop less than 20 beans to find something noteworthy.

At 5 for 16 bucks I would say the 20-50 bean ratio to find something noteworthy is absolutely acceptable. Even good.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the price makes JOTI worth rolling the dice on.

My list of JOTI wants, for someday: Northern BC Skunk, Super Skunk, Lemon Skunk, Blue Lights, Chemo and Afghani.

I agree with what others have said about the sheer number of offerings/crosses raising questions...

As mentioned in my post above, I ran Cactus and God Bud. In all fairness, I’m a little apprehensive to say too much... This run did NOT receive proper attention. I had a lot of other things going on at the time, and it was done in a test environment, one of three runs, with this being the last one... and truthfully these were bought, in large part, because of the price since they were to be run as test subjects.

With all that said, I’m pretty happy with Cactus. I think one could find some nice Indica keepers in there. I know I didn’t do ‘em justice, but it’s still some decent smoke. (Getting ready to twist one up as soon as I’m done here).

God Bud I grabbed not because I’m familiar with it on its own, but because it was one half of Reef’s G-SUS. I wanted it to see if I could find any similarity to G-SUS, which I miss and thought to be long gone (pleased to find that that’s not the case). And I had no idea when I ordered it (God Bud) that it was supposedly no longer its old self... I still have seven God Bud seeds left... maybe someday, but as of now I’m in no hurry to run ‘em again.

My neglect of this run includes a lack of pictures from flowering but I do have an early veg shot. The four to the right are God Bud and the five to the left are Cactus. The two solo cups are other clones. They’re a bit droopy ‘cause they were just misted...

How can you properly evaluate a seed line from 3-4 seeds?
By not growing the remainder of the pack you are doing both yourself & JOTI an injustice by passing judgement on an incomplete test. Whether you bought the seeds or not is irrelevant. Reporting on just a couple seeds from a pack is not testing. Especially when one considers the state of todays multi polyhybrid genetic lines.

browntrout

Veteran
Currently have a friend running some JOTI Blue god indoors, they were looking very healthy in veg with thick indica leaves. I also have BCBD's God Bud selections form a fellow member. ALso grew the god x ogk

His stuff is good, seems like it's what he says it is. However i would definitely grow more than 1 pack and his god is certainly not the cup winning strain from 2004 from what i can tell. A member from BCBD told me Jordan kept adding to the purple skunk including Hawaiian sativa & an afghan. Take that for what you will.

The pheno from 2004 seeds i had sampled many times was pure hawaiian lavendar berry skunk in order of strength in smell.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
How can you properly evaluate a seed line from 3-4 seeds?
By not growing the remainder of the pack you are doing both yourself & JOTI an injustice by passing judgement on an incomplete test. Whether you bought the seeds or not is irrelevant. Reporting on just a couple seeds from a pack is not testing. Especially when one considers the state of todays multi polyhybrid genetic lines.

You can’t.

It was asked if anyone had grown his wares recently.

I was simply sharing my recent experience.

It wasn’t a “test” of JOTI’s offerings.

I don’t think I have done any injustice or disservice to JOTI, especially considering I backed his stuff as a worthy investment; and listed some that I have a future interest in.

Apologies if my stated apprehension was misunderstood.

Obviously I should've just left my reply at: YES.

You can’t.

It was asked if anyone had grown his wares recently.

I was simply sharing my recent experience.

It wasn’t a “test” of JOTI’s offerings.

I don’t think I have done any injustice or disservice to JOTI, especially considering I backed his stuff as a worthy investment; and listed some that I have a future interest in.

Apologies if my stated apprehension was misunderstood.

Obviously I should've just left my reply at: YES.

I dont think MJ was deliberately ripping you bro. Thats probably become a very common response for him and many others on forums like this because its very common for people to come in and talk bad about breeders and strains after just growing a couple of seeds. It happens ALL THE TIME. Please dont get too upset, we all love each other. Good vibes yall.
I have worried about the same thing. I hear absolutely nothing but great reviews from ACE gear. I recently popped 5 malawi and got 3 males and 2 females. 1 lady was horribly hermi and the other just had a couple late nanners. For some people, that would mean its just junk, but I dont believe that at all. I believe Im going to find something killer in the next 5.

Latest posts

Latest posts