What's new

jamaican "lambsbread"

iTarzan

I have been smoking Gainesville Green the past few days. It is very good. I mention it because Ww got a like from Gainesville Green.
I can't disagree because I don't know. LOL!
I trust some breeders descriptions. Especially ones that have been around and people have good reviews of. The Landrace Team is one of them. You also have to search through some plants to find the very best they are talking about. That being said I like to round up same strain seeds from several breeders to give a proper search. I just turned 69 and plan to begin my retirement giving a proper go at searching for some Jamaican keepers. Hopefully I will find some good things. I already found a real nice Golden Tiger keeper that friends keep asking if I have any more. One friend would smoke every cob I would give him. I told him it had Thai in it and he calls it Ty Cobb because it is the best hitter he ever smoked. LOL!

acespicoli

Herman_Moll._A_New_Map_of_the_Island_of_Jamaica._1717.jpg

1704983276678.png

Last edited:

acespicoli

the science behind it is a bit shaky, but there have been studies done by a wide range of researchers that show that yes, plants respond positively to music. They can’t “listen” to music the same way we do of course, but the vibrations put off by the sound of music can be picked up on by plants. In nature, these vibrations would be caused by things like the wind, rushing water, animals brushing past, or insect attackers, so it makes sense that sound waves are capable of having an effect on the well-being of our plants. There are too many variables behind playing music for plants to draw a definitive conclusion, such as type of speaker, type of plant, and the specifics of each song played, but the overall consensus is that plants can indeed “enjoy” music, in that they can have a positive reaction to the vibrations that it gives off.
plant-speaker.jpg

The capacity to “enjoy” music also means that plants are able to “dislike” music though, which is another interesting facet to this question. If plants react to music, what types of music cause a positive reaction versus a negative one? Most people think that classical music is the go-to for plants, and they’d generally be correct. Most studies have found that plants react positively to music featuring stringed instruments, as well as Jazz, meditative sounds, and other softer genres.

Last edited:

BC LONE WOLF

IMG_3734.jpeg
IMG_3735.jpeg
IMG_3739.jpeg
IMG_3740.jpeg
IMG_3742.jpeg

IMG_3743.jpeg

Update on the MangoBiche (unknown) X 60's Lambs bread (vibes collective) from Swamiseeds, taking considerably more flower time compared to my other hybrids Jamaican phenos that are not "lambs bread", I would say 4 weeks difference. I also believe the female in the picture to be leaning heavy on the Lambs bread side rather than Mango biche and the males (2 phenos) are more Mango biche.

Part of my assumptions are based on the traits like the purple stem and branching all over the plant. The males only express partial purple, leaf traits also differ from female to male.
The flower structure on this female is not exactly like the first post on this thread, at the same time this is not a pure JLB but definitely got the bread in there.

Please feel free to correct any assumptions.

EDIT; for documentation purposes since we have some of the original breeders of this wonderful craft on this tread; my question to them or any other person with some information, what are the main differences between the AOC "60's Lambs bread" and the 1977 Jamaican and other 80's LB offered out there vs whats described a "Vibes collective LB". Sorry if I seem stuck on the subject of the origins. Our collective here is gonna try another "version" of LB once I receive the seeds I will update.

Jah bless.

Last edited:

Marcus67

Hey Marcus.

Looks great! Hope you are able to get some of those seeds from your uncle.
Me too!
That looks pretty legit
Yeah probably. In 1988/89 most ganja in Jamaica was still Jamaican landrace but without dna testing we cannot guarantee it's 100% that as a bit of skunk/blueberry/columbian etc was on the island by then as you probably know. But the skunks at least were not widepread I think. The fact that it is mainly hermie to me is a good sign (as Skunk was bred to be incredibly sexually stable). And I agree it looks legit and smokes legit (last I smoked it was in 2005).

My uncle selected each year for giggly happy clear working high with no crash, not too strong, all traits inherent in the strain I am sure but that he just kept selecting for. Very red eye inducing I beleive if I remember correctly. The strain if it can be revived will be in a seriously inbred state and lacking vigour probably, so I was thinking I would do a cross of (USC Double Jam) x Rene's Jamaican Collie 89 (RJC89)...maybe call it Triple Jam? I will spread those far and wide to any preservationist willing to grow/spread them. Thanks to the work of USC and Kaiki in stabilizing their lines, the cross will also help in selecting out the hermies (which will be preserved in the main reproduction stock as hermies should be preserved too when dealing with rare genetics I beleive). Once that cross is sexually stable, I will back cross it again to the RJC89 and do another round. Point is, I doubt I will find pure stable males in RJC89 but who knows...but first, let's hope the seeds pop!

Wwbsox

That's exactly what it refers to. Long time... just like it sounds. And it isn't one strain, they call any six month variety "long time" herb.
Hey Wolverine.

Yes, that is the way I see too. Although TLT does have a "strain" that they sell called Jamaican Long Time. I think that was what iTarzan was referring to.

I still plan on contacting you at some point about the run you did back in 22/23 (Posts #1546 and 1548) as Roms stated back then, those Jamaican seeds you acquired look legit. Just need to finish my run of Roms's F7s first.

Wwbsox

Sorry if this has been posted before, but has anyone been able to track down Noel Johill of Genret Farms in Westmoreland Jamaica- the man who spent considerable effort locating Lambsbread on the Island back in 2016?
Hey Marcus. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but...

I was rereading the thread and this caught my interest. Noel Johill supposedly kept a Jamaican strain pure from the 60's. He said it was the predecessor to the 80's Lambs Bread. The only thing I was able to find was a Phylos report. It listed Noel and Thelma Johill from Genret Farms in Jamaica. Searching Noel turned up nothing at all, but Thelma is listed as the CEO of Genret Farms on her LinkedIn account and she is very active on her Twitter (X) account (nothing Ganja related though).

Marcus67

Hey Marcus. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but...

I was rereading the thread and this caught my interest. Noel Johill supposedly kept a Jamaican strain pure from the 60's. He said it was the predecessor to the 80's Lambs Bread. The only thing I was able to find was a Phylos report. It listed Noel and Thelma Johill from Genret Farms in Jamaica. Searching Noel turned up nothing at all, but Thelma is listed as the CEO of Genret Farms on her LinkedIn account and she is very active on her Twitter (X) account (nothing Ganja related though).
Hey, Noel was looking for the strain and after a lot of trouble, found a local old rasta still growing it. It looks very old school, thin 3 leaflet type. I am not sure, but I think Noel was a big time ganja guy and he may now be in jail, I could be completely wrong. Thanks for the reminder! I will dig some more

Marcus67

Phylos verified that the Snowhill Lambsbread which is a cross of his shorter flowering Jamaican from the late 70s x Bushman/Vibes Collective is similar to Noel's "Native Ganja". Also note the genetic closeness to thai stick. This would make sense. The Indian workers in the 1800s went to South Burma which is next to Thailand. It is reported that they brought their ganja culture which did not really exist in Burma. Bengali sativas would have likely been the main source of genetics. In Tailand they call it Ganja too and they speculate that it came from the Indians. I wonder if Laos strains are different than southern Thais (don't know much about this region) . The Indians also went to Indonesia (along with Jamaica, South Africa, Kenya, Mauritius, Trinidad etc). I vaguely remember reading that Indonesian strains ended up in Columbia? Regardless, I think these Bangali strains are the foundation to many of our NLD lines today, simply because Bengal was the mass production hub of what was considered the best "Indian Hemp" of that time. Just speculation.
Screenshot_20240113_050740_YouTube.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts