What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Just got my parcel today @Roms
Feeling so blessed to become a part of this community of individuals keeping this strain alive. F8 open pollination is planned for September 😍.

IMG_7659.jpeg

albertgriffiths

JLB2.JPG
JLB22.JPG

Here is a JLB male from Rom's stock. 12/12 from seed, then 10/14. A bit overfed.
Grown in a 1L pot, soil, (actually a bit less, more like 0,7L) from start to finish, without any training.
It's 130cm tall, pot included, and not stretching significantly any more.
Tall, but still manageable in my conditions.

Hope that may help others anticipate the stretch and the effects of rootbinding.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
View attachment 18972698 View attachment 18972699

Here is a JLB male from Rom's stock. 12/12 from seed, then 10/14. A bit overfed.
Grown in a 1L pot, soil, (actually a bit less, more like 0,7L) from start to finish, without any training.
It's 130cm tall, pot included, and not stretching significantly any more.
Tall, but still manageable in my conditions.

Hope that may help others anticipate the stretch and the effects of rootbinding.
This is super informative as I prepare. Thanks!

BC LONE WOLF

Very nice colours. What is the aroma like?

I’m picking up sweet fruity, reminiscent of tropical fruits, not specific like mango but a combination, could be some carrot in there, light earthy, light solvent.

I’m not really sure hehe, it’s really refreshing to smell up close. Not alarmingly pungent. Sticky for sure and calyx are swelling pretty nice. I should be chopping this weekend top 3/4 leaving bottom 2 node for reveg.

Terpenes might be more on the JLB side as mango not being overpowering, flower structure seems to have morph a little as well giving a somewhat compact structure like Colombian.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Wait Dutch Passion had lambsbread back in '96?

Is this the same version as vibes co. ?
Not really the same version because ours had been collected by GrowDan almost 10y after and its share really started 10y even later thanks the French crew guided by Rahan.

I think that JLB was in European hands since longtime thanks to the rasta community in England but it has never been really reproduced in fact, like its sister Kerala btw! Fortunately we worked on it because nowadays Jam's ganja is almost not pure anymore!

Last edited:

ahortator

Veteran
Not really the same version because ours had been collected by GrowDan almost 10y after and its share really started 10y even later thanks the French crew guided by Rahan.

I think that JLB was in European hands since longtime thanks to the rasta community in England but it has never been really reproduced in fact, like its sister Kerala btw! Fortunately we worked on it because nowadays Jam's ganja is almost not pure anymore!
It seems it is still growing there. But it is extremely difficult to get the real stuff even for someone living there. So if someone thinks he can go to Negril, Orange Hill Westmoreland or Nine Miles and get the real ganja, forget it, it is only a fantasy.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Vibes @ahortator for sure pure sat is still alive there but far of towns and in just few hands of olders.
On another side the rasta community extends throughout the Caribbean and i know that far of Jamaica in St Vincent and Grenadines it's still more alive but for how much longer good question! Anyway I don’t think it will ever really disappear, there will always be a handful of authentic purists in the hills, ital irie!

Lolo94

Vibes Collective Lambsbread, Roms F7, sprouted 3 months ago, 11/13 from seed, and then 10/14:
View attachment 18975885
They were in 1L pots until last week, when I uppotted them to 2L.
When rubbing the buds, I get a strong smell of wild carrots/parsnip on both of them.
A pleasure to grow!
🥕
How long after germination did the lamsbread start flowering? I noticed that some sativa have an internal clock where even short light cycles dont induce flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts