What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
Spent the afternoon in the garage finally getting to momma’s pictures. I don’t want most of them but find it hard to throw away all her vacation trips and religious trips there were lots of pics. I did throw some of them out and made a stack for some family that included some of them.

I was removing all the pictures from the frames when I found this sexy picture of my momma in her younger daze dressed in a lacy nightgown behind another picture of one of her grandkids…

‘I remember asking my momma about a ring she had been wearing years ago and she got really nervous answering me about it when I figured out she was having an affair. I didn’t press her about it as it was none of my business but kinda figured out who it was and always kept it to myself. I’m pretty sure he took the picture cause she never smiled for my daddy like that…
😳

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
It burns like fire for some tho sublingual but I don’t mind it. Just chase it with some ice cream 🤪
I first tried your alcohol tenure. I felt like there was a four alarm fire underneath my tongue. I tough it out as long as I could, but I had to put some water in behind it…
I share. Swing by.
you are a very kind and generous friend, but driving up to your place would be a little bit out-of-the-way, considering we live on opposite corners of the country…
I have yet to try a gummy that I could feel no matter how many milligrams there was of it… I believe I’m saturated after 54 years…🤔

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I made some tincture and it does taste strong. Some like to use food grade glycerin, I have not tried this.

I tried that too but it’s way too sweet for me and doesn’t work as good
Vegetable Glycerin is both a sugar and an alcohol that works well for extraction and makes a tincture that resembles wild honey, with the terpene flavors going in all directions like the different pollens do in wild honey.

You are limited to concentration because you can only extract to saturation and can't reduce the amount of VG by boiling off the excess.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I first tried your alcohol tenure. I felt like there was a four alarm fire underneath my tongue. I tough it out as long as I could, but I had to put some water in behind it…

you are a very kind and generous friend, but driving up to your place would be a little bit out-of-the-way, considering we live on opposite corners of the country…
I have yet to try a gummy that I could feel no matter how many milligrams there was of it… I believe I’m saturated after 54 years…🤔
The trick to an alcohol tincture that doesn't burn sublingually, is to reduce the alcohol content below 40% or the equivalent of about 80 proof.

SubGirl

420club
Vegetable Glycerin is both a sugar and an alcohol that works well for extraction and makes a tincture that resembles wild honey, with the terpene flavors going in all directions like the different pollens do in wild honey.

You are limited to concentration because you can only extract to saturation and can't reduce the amount of VG by boiling off the excess.

I made this which I still have in the fridge. My SIL used it when he was Sick with chemo and said it helped his nausea and vomiting. I also have mixed medical grade propylene glycol with some of it to make vape juice which worked in my refillable but I didn’t care for but gave it to my brother who vapes carts all the time and likes the sweet taste.
‘I still have a half cup of this and don’t know what to do with it. It’s made from Grandaddy purple Flower.

it’s thick and dark too it’s over a year old now…
IMG_0014.jpeg

SubGirl

420club

I thought you had some gummies that worked good. I remember looking them up one day when you told me about them. Gummies don’t work on me either unless I eat a ton of them. But the hot tincture does work and quick too in about ten minutes for me. I do it sometimes in the evenings after the dishes are done.

oldmaninbc

I thought you had some gummies that worked good. I remember looking them up one day when you told me about them. Gummies don’t work on me either unless I eat a ton of them. But the hot tincture does work and quick too in about ten minutes for me. I do it sometimes in the evenings after the dishes are done.
As soon as the alcohol hits your tongue it's being absorbed into your system. That's what I remember from alcohol based tinture, and it sure works fast, good if your looking for pain management or just to relax after dishes. I only do breakfast and lunch dishes.

OleReynard

Sounds like you are on top of things Reynard.

Nobody touches my grass but me. Not letting a industrial mower on my lawn. I don't care how bad my back is.

My lawn is a reflection of me in the neighborhood. I have a few brown spots in the front this year from winter kill.....I will be green soon.

Yup, I am anal.
You got a lawn I got sand, crab grass, velvet weed, will berry bramble, natural ferns, broad leaf swamp grass, very little grass.
I used to be as anal as you still am some stuff but in the end it doesn't really matter.

Goldhedge

I learned a lot from growing marijuana. And hanging out with you all!
I'm finding out here I really don't know much at all about this manufacturing subject!

I've tried the oil and it's pretty mellow. Thing is... the high I get from it removes social filters and I find out I'm a grouchy ol' geezer inside. I didn't have one of those happy-go-lucky childhoods and it boils to the surface when I'm stoned. I get reclusive.

That and if I imbibe late in the day I don't go to sleep like most folks do... I lie in bed until I finally pass out at 3am....

Maybe I'm just old...?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
a friend from Oregon sent me a few different types of gummies but as I mentioned, I'm saturated...I ate 8 of them and passed them to a friend...they just don't do it for me...

Goldhedge

For some there is order in chaos.
For others they like order with everything place and everything has a place.

I think no matter what you do it's going to be done to the best of your ability.

Myself, I don't like clutter.
I'm a visual learner. What that means is I don't retain what I 'hear' (it was a real PITA in school). I see it and grasp it. Took me decades to figure this out. I remember in school telling the teacher "I don't 'see' it." so he/she would proceed to 'explain' it to me. A kid doesn't know how to communicate precisely, so it was very frustrating.

My wife is not. She's very organized. She has a filing system and I have a piling system.

I know where stuff is because I put it there. When she 'organizes' my stuff it may as well be hidden. She doesn't know what things (tools) are called so asking her 'Where is xyz?' is futile. I have to search through boxes to find things.

Ah, but she's a real gem!