What's new

Jact55 Landrace Thread

tcherno

Agreed. Reverse those words though. It's the only outlet for the Derg Cora Collective (a Google of that name will also bring up the site, if my vaguaries are confusing), who maintain a lot of the old Bluehemp lines and some other interesting middle eastern/ north african varieties, like Aunt of Farouk and Maroc Inspiration . They also have a Chocolate Thai F5 that I've been eyeing for a while. They have seed from other sources as well, but I haven't explored them much. Definitely worth a look.

Yes

sorry for my very poor English I help with google trad, with the errors that go with it.

Otherwise cannaseed.dk also distributes Derg corra collective but there is less variety than on seedheaven

thank you for the additional info

thejact55

Ya, ive been drooling over the aunt of farouk for a while. A friend on here shared his blue hemp nepal seeds, excited for those.
I had never been on the site before, until now. Anyone grown that iraqi??
Haha i literally have too many seeds though. I just went through em all today trying to decide on the outdoor strains this year. I think even if i reproduced 3 strains at a time, 3 runs per year, i still have like 4 years worth of reproducing before i get to anything else lol. I would love to grab a few of those strains, but...

thejact55

So the blueberry and Guatemala are all done. I let the blueberry to super long, to ensure the overseeded plants made some good ones. I was blessed with a shitload of seeds. The clones have also turned the corner finally and are growing. The Guatemala were just harvested. there were two phenos, a taller and quicker plant, and a shorter plant that took longer and seemed to be a touch frostier. I preferred the shorter pheno.
pic 1- lower Guatemala buds on shorter pheno plant
pic 2- the two best shorter plants
pic 3- groupshot females, except one taller one that I had already harvested (looked just like other taller one)
pic 4 and 5- blueberry closeup shots

I have just put my durbans into flower, here is a recent pic I just snapped a minute ago, pic 6

Attachments

• 20180408_184245.jpg
    20180408_184245.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180331_201438.jpg
    20180331_201438.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180331_201517.jpg
    20180331_201517.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20180331_201756.jpg
    20180331_201756.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180325_170120.jpg
    20180325_170120.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180325_175602.jpg
    20180325_175602.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 20

djimb

Veteran
Ya, ive been drooling over the aunt of farouk for a while. A friend on here shared his blue hemp nepal seeds, excited for those.

I have some BH nepali that I'm excited about too. I'm still figuring out my lineup for the summer, but they're high on the list.

Haha i literally have too many seeds though. I just went through em all today trying to decide on the outdoor strains this year. I think even if i reproduced 3 strains at a time, 3 runs per year, i still have like 4 years worth of reproducing before i get to anything else lol. I would love to grab a few of those strains, but...

Now I don't feel so bad about still accumulating seeds! At your hypothetical rate, I only have about 2.5 years worth. Guess I should pull the trigger on some Kerala, huh?

Keep up the good work, those Guatemala look great, though the short ones have wider leaves than I would have expected. Glad you got some seed from the Blueberry. Did you get pollen from all the males or just one? I remember you said a couple were having trouble dropping.

thejact55

Ya kerala is next on my repro list also.
Ya, that was an estimate on years, but either way, too many...if there is a such thing lol.
The guatemala definetely were shorter, stockier, wider leafed ect, than i expected them to be. Ace/cbg tend to have this "dumbed down" effect on some strains, was hoping the guatemala wasnt gonna be one of them. Nice plants though.
I did get some of all three males on them. Definetely, one got the most pollen, then another, and only a small amount of the third. The third one actually was the frostiest, but it threw a pistil late, so maybe it was a blessing.
I have clones of all the males and females, so i have through the summer to test these more. I plan on keeping 3 females for crossing, and one for a long term mother.
Im kind of winding down for a minute though. My neoghbor wants to buy my house, and i kind of want to get some land, but kinda like my cheap ass house so i can travel or do whatever whenever, really on the fence. So while i choose my next seeds, i hesitate not knowing what to expect. So just the durbans and BB clones for a bit.

thejact55

Ok, so ive decided to stay put in my house for a bit, so its on...woop.
I have put in 9 kerala into paper towels for indoor reproduction. Props to corky for making these jewels. After daves dp in my other LED tent, ill be running some south african locally sourced and bred plants thanks to oldbootz, some real deal swazi im really looking forward to.
Also, i just put in papertowels 6 canadian fast flowerers for outdoors, timewarp x mighty might, thanks to onceupon.
I also will have outdoors, 3x barneys farm cbd blue shark.
Then pondering trying my first outdoor pollination this year, with storing pollen then carefully pollinating partially. Maybe use sensi maple leaf indica for this. Also thinking some durban x shit out side also, havent done anything with these yet.
Oh. I have 7 of my recent blueberry seeds in papertowels, just to check em out, and the bb clones from the recent run. Some will act as parents, some going outdoors.

thejact55

So I'm getting a greenhouse delivered tomorrow AM, stoked. this opens up a whole new range of plants I can run outside.
So outdoors: The larger plants are the blueberry clones for various purposes. the seedlings are
kerala- 9 of 9 popped, for indoor reproduction.
timewarp x mighty might- 6 of 6 popped
blueberry F1- 5 of 6 popped
CBD blue shark femmed- 3 of 3 popped
In celebration of the greenhouse, I put 5 nanda devi in papertowels, in which 4 have spouted already. also 5 double zamal x blueberry, none have sprouted yet. We'll see if they can make it, needed some landrace in my garden anyways...

Other pics are the Durban poison, I just pollinated them tonight. 3 of the four females are purple, or pink in color. pics don't show it well. the three males were separated until now to let females mature more. one female has the elongated hairy bud, cant remember what it is called.

Attachments

• 20180426_191904.jpg
    20180426_191904.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180426_191627.jpg
    20180426_191627.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180426_191956.jpg
    20180426_191956.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180426_191504.jpg
    20180426_191504.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180426_191729.jpg
    20180426_191729.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 14

thejact55

My new 8x8 greenhouse. Itll get me into novemeber now. We'll see how nanda devi and double zamal x blueberry fair in there. Super excited.

Attachments

• 20180427_191325.jpg
    20180427_191325.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 19

OnceUpon

woop. greenhouse!

that timewarp cross is more of a mix.... timewarp x (mightyxAmstel gold f?)
more Amstel than mighty I noticed

no internet lately. but still peekin in when I can

love it!

SumRandomGuy

Loving the land race Serbia's in this thread. Some excellent grows. Makes my mouth water... so many good land races.

My next projects: China Yunnan growing out this year from ace seeds. Going to cross with gold rush by Southern Star Seeds. Gold rush: Hatian sativa x PNG gold x mullumbimby madness (Mr nice seeds). Then back cross onto the China.

Hoping to cross China Yunnan with White Bhutanese in the near future... ;-)

SumRandomGuy

Love this thread. Love the images, some great grows. Amazing genetics as well. Really interesting to me as I've worked with a number of land race strains.

Crossing China Yunnan by ace seeds with Gold Rush by SSS. Gold Rush: Hatian sativa x PNG gold x Mullumbimby madness (Mr Nice seed bank) a back cross onto china.

Also want to cross China with White Bhutanese.

thejact55

woop. greenhouse!

that timewarp cross is more of a mix.... timewarp x (mightyxAmstel gold f?)
more Amstel than mighty I noticed

no internet lately. but still peekin in when I can

love it!

Haha, duh. I forgot about the amstel, then when i googled the strain for researchin it just now, i remembered i had read this before, when i first got the seeds.
So more citrusy? Or a certain structure? What trait makes the amstel show more than the MM?

thejact55

Love this thread. Love the images, some great grows. Amazing genetics as well. Really interesting to me as I've worked with a number of land race strains.

Crossing China Yunnan by ace seeds with Gold Rush by SSS. Gold Rush: Hatian sativa x PNG gold x Mullumbimby madness (Mr Nice seed bank) a back cross onto china.

Also want to cross China with White Bhutanese.

Sounds like you have some awesome projects going on. Is your yunnan femmed or standard seeds? I had a pack of yunnan standard before they discontinued them, and had a shit germ rate and got 2 females. Was kinda bummed.
That gold rush sounds awesome. I would really like to see that strain. Who is SSS?
The two strains i want the most are PNG and that hatian strain (cant remember what its called), oh and lambsbread.

thejact55

I like the looks of that Greenhouse!:tiphat:

Thank you. I was gonna build one, but a customer of mine builds em, and gave it to me for way cheaper than what i was gonna pay to build a nice one. Couldnt pass it up, so i cheated. Haha i still want to build one though.

thejact55

Some photos

Pic 1- greenhouse action. The blueberry clones are getting big. They are the tall ones in the back. The smaller plants are the tw×(mmxamstel), cbd blue shark, blueberry f1s, some random seed called lifesavers i got from my neighbor (his wife won a facebook deal and some company from new york mailed them shatter, tincture, seeds, pipes and all sorts of weed shit, kinda odd/shady) and nanda devi. I got a twin seed with the nanda devi. Two tap roots, two seedlings, woop.

Pic 2- i got a suprise seedling when i transplanted a BB clone. Not the first time this has happened. Whatever it is, its pretty sativa. Hopefully a female and ill let BB pollen hit it from the same pot.

Pic 3- my kerala i just transplanted. They are showing a little burn or stress but overall healthy. Plus 3 of my zamal x bb. I tried 5, no sprouts after a week. So i sanded down 5 more. I got 4 to pop from the sanded stock, and one to pop from unsanded stock, but only 3 made it above soil. Lame, but oh well.

Pic 4 and 5- my durbans in the dark. Really starting to pack on the resin. One bud shot, one overall shot. Seed pods are just starting to swell.

So im going to do an experiment later this summer. Im going to sprout some extreme sativas i dunno, around mid july. Mango biche, ukhrel, old timer haze, and similar. I will put them outside with minimal veg time before the days get short. My aim is to attempt to get these normally huge plants flowering small outdoors. Ive decided on a smaller propane heater and heat mats to keep it warm well into november and beyond. Interested to see how small they stay and how they develop in the shitty weather i live in during this time of the year. Hopefully i can acheive stealth super sativas at 48 N, but if it fails, i dont care.

Attachments

• 20180505_072218.jpg
    20180505_072218.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180505_072153.jpg
    20180505_072153.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180505_072020.jpg
    20180505_072020.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180505_072312.jpg
    20180505_072312.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180505_072353.jpg
    20180505_072353.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 15

nksv

excuse me, leaving a comment to remind myself to fully go through this...totally up my alley man. woah.

OnceUpon

no squat 3ft mighty plants pop up in there... more likely to see tw influenced branchiness or amstel looking xmas tree's.. i liked the fruity ones

heaters? go for it

Latest posts

Latest posts