What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

I have dug down to the drain and can see the break, which I'm more than capable of fixing it myself, but I choose not to do so because of my lower back and how bad it smells. That may change when I see the bid.

It appears to have been leaking for a while and the soil around it reeks from all the kitchen nutrients in the soil in concert with the aroma of attendant bacteria harvesting them. The street end of the broken sink lateral is also venting gas from the city sewer

I scrubbed my hands twice after digging and bailing with hot water and soap, using a brush and they still stank so bad that I bathed them in apple cider vinegar, before scrubbing them again.

It's cast iron and I suspect it got broken when our 120-year-old Douglas Fir blew over about four years ago.
Time for an upgrade, cast iron is a thing of the past. Oh, that's sad about the Doug Fir tree.

oldmaninbc

A very good point! How many posts do you see that don't have many paragraph breaks?

I learned writing financial proposals for Capital Equipment that short bullet points are more likely to be read and understood that long paragraphs all clumped together.
As a person who worked in museums, historic sites and any place where you might find text, less is more.
When in college we went on a field trip to a science center, there was 3 generations of text to be seen, from wordy paragraphs to single lines. I also observed people reading text for my own learning, people would pass over long wordy information but take time to read less information. You have a point.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I found ice works well, the effects were short lived though.
Yes, nothing has lasting effects. I take it slow and easy now days.
Couple hours a day and back in
Actually, I have always left them in the sun all day unless they start to wilt. They are fine now. I do move them up on the covered front porch after the sun goes down....especially since it is still getting down into the 40's at night.

Mrs Pute is buying flowers as I type....more work......

Gotta get my trimming done....later.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an inversion table I use from time to time.

It makes me longer for a short while. Haven't been to a chiro in years because of it.

45° angle for about 90 seconds and I'm a new man!

The key is to learn to relax for 90 seconds.
I have one too that helped my back temporarily, but was wrecking my knees and hips.
Due to my kidney disease, salt is a menace on my body. I don’t add salt to anything I cook, but there’s enough salt in the things that I eat that will compensate for me pushing the salt away…
I haven't added salt for the last fifty years or so. When you don't add salt, it is easier to taste the salt that is already there.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Full sized paddy.jpg

PadawanWarrior

Ugg... looks like thrip stippling in the garden.
It's that time of year and probably 100% my fault.
I am conscientious to not enter the grow after being
out doors....
however, as us old farts know... memory can lapse at times, sigh.

Off to spray the bebbies and mama's, sigh.
This was not on the agenda today but as we all know...
doo doo happens and ya gotta roll with it.

later taters :)

I did that once a few years ago, did yard clean up, came inside, went into the multi purpose room where my tent resides and brought in thrips. It was the first time I was so careless, after several attempts at destroying those nasty little thrips, I through up my hands and bowed down to the thrips.

I have had ptoblem with thrips for years. Soinosad in veg has NEVER failed. Never have had to use it in flower.

I no longer fear thrips. Soil drench with spinosad works great and is super easy. No spraying needed. 1-2 oz per gal a few times will kick their asses.

SubGirl

420club
Ok, here's something everyone can use.

Essentrics.

I've been doing this almost daily. It's also on NPR on the TV - search for it.

Miranda Esmond White was a professional ballerina in her 20's. She's now 72!

She sells her program, but she's posted plenty of free videos you won't need to buy them.

This regimen has changed my physicality!

Full Body Stretching Workout | 30-min. | with Miranda Esmonde White, Healthy Aging Expert​

try it for a couple of weeks and see if you aren't more flexible!

Some competition for @jokerman ’s couch aerobics class on Thursdays. 😁

oldmaninbc

I also incorporate crawling.
Original Strength on YT has some great vids on
different crawling styles and explain the benefits of each.

Some times we just have to go back to the basics :)

I actually began w/ baby crawling then advanced.
I also did 'baby rolling' in the beginning to reset my balance.
I was soooo very out of shape and felt I should begin at... well...
the beginning :)

Now, at nearly 67 years old... I can stand on one leg w/ out
falling over and do 'the crane' (?) like on the movie
Karate Kid LOL
The Chinese/ American boy next door is now 11 and he gets
a big kick out of seeing me in the back yard doing this haha.

Keeping your balance in old age is extremely important. I do a simple standing on one leg for a couple of minutes then alternate. This year I heard from my X wife who still lives in the same town we spent 3 decades in. She wanted me to know that a friend of mine had fell was in the hospital and died from an infection due to the fall.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Keeping your balance in old age is extremely important. I do a simple standing on one leg for a couple of minutes then alternate. This year I heard from my X wife who still lives in the same town we spent 3 decades in. She wanted me to know that a friend of mine had fell was in the hospital and died from an infection due to the fall.
3 years ago or so the Doc would ask me about my balance.....I would just laugh....not now! My balance sucks! No more ladders or gutter cleaning.

Latest posts

Latest posts