What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
My point is that people LIE.

People LIE to sell seeds.

People LIE to sell clones.

People LIE to sell herbs.

People LIE to sell plants.

To put it simply, DNA does NOT LIE. As Maury Povich says "... OG kush'....you are NoT the father..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck

Those of you that say you know that OG is "X"- trust me you are fooling yourself, because the market does not always agree with you.... so what makes YOU the expert? Arrogance? Self importance?

PLEASE; someone tell me definitively what OG kush is. Then prove it. Can you 4202407, or slausaonsausages? Can you tell me with definitively what OG Kush IS? Of course you cannot.

I claim to know nothing.. I am no expert on Cali clones, but it is clear from my time there that nobody else is an expert on the 'Cali' OG clones, either. Self important lies after self important lies, is what I geard.. Ego based bullshit, no evidence. I visited the bigeest shows; if you can show me bigger, more credible shows....then please do. I am waiting. We all are waiting.

So what are we left with? Who do we trust in this madness of bullshit, lies, and profiteers? 420247? Surely not I. I mean if he has some proof, then let's listen. But I hear talk, ego, speculation..... little proof.

Tom is an incredible soul, and someone I consider myself very lucky to be associated with, but not the only person I am working with.. no offense to Tom, but this goes past him ... I'm shocked some of you believe I am basing my opinions on chumps, people that have no knowledge of the industry. I have visited many 'players'. I am working with a few folks that would make most of your heads spin, if you knew the world that exists beyond the ICmag machine. There's a whole world that exist beyond this level of consciousness.

Or you can listen to 420247... your choice.... again I could care less, it is not my story to tell, it is the story of the DNA which will be told. Again, DNA does not lie... people do. So let's lets this be a little less ego based; I have nothing to hide, nothing to prove. I have only an agenda to let the DNA tell her story, and I am sure we will all learn something that is beyond our expectations... myself included.. I am but a humble student of the plant.... and I am open to learning what she has to teach us, without being arrogant and deciding that I know more than the evidence can support- such is a fool's errand 420247.

Respectfully,
-Chimera

woolybear

Veteran
....I am working with a few folks that would make most of your heads spin, if you knew the world that exists beyond the ICmag machine. There's a whole world that exist beyond this level of consciousness.

Names that come to mind as to who these 'folks' could be:

Snoop dogg
Cheech or chong
Tom cruise
Steve's brother from Harborside
The Illuminati
Masons OR Mormons
Dave Hester from 'Storage Wars'

if we're talking dead people, then maybe it could be:

Elvis
Hunter Thompson
Ronald Reagan
Whitney Houston.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I say, let's let Chimera do the DNA thing. Send him your best and we'll have a scientific discussion later.

My brother. Thank you for posting this. Thank you to Tom et al as welll, for seeing the light.

This is not my story to tell.. She speaks for herself and tells her own.

I did not profess the results, or claim I know the truth without evidence as other do. I would not be so arrogant.

If am deemed to read the pages of the DNA book for our community, because other others bury their heads in the sand - then so be it. May others be open to the truth as well, and not en agenda driven "truth' as some may force down your throat, as other will try for profit.

All the best,
-Chimera

Those of you that say you know that OG is "X"- trust me you are fooling yourself, because the market does not always agree with you.... so what makes YOU the expert? Arrogance? Self importance?

PLEASE; someone tell me definitively what OG kush is. Then prove it. Can you 4202407, or slausaonsausages? Can you tell me with definitively what OG Kush IS? Of course you cannot.

I claim to know nothing.. I am no expert on Cali clones, but it is clear from my time there that nobody else is an expert on the 'Cali' OG clones, either. Self important lies after self important lies, is what I geard.. Ego based bullshit, no evidence. I visited the bigeest shows; if you can show me bigger, more credible shows....then please do. I am waiting. We all are waiting.

So what are we left with? Who do we trust in this madness of bullshit, lies, and profiteers? 420247? Surely not I. I mean if he has some proof, then let's listen. But I hear talk, ego, speculation..... little proof.

Tom is an incredible soul, and someone I consider myself very lucky to be associated with, but not the only person I am working with.. no offense to Tom, but this goes past him ... I'm shocked some of you believe I am basing my opinions on chumps, people that have no knowledge of the industry. I have visited many 'players'. I am working with a few folks that would make most of your heads spin, if you knew the world that exists beyond the ICmag machine. There's a whole world that exist beyond this level of consciousness.

Or you can listen to 420247... your choice.... again I could care less, it is not my story to tell, it is the story of the DNA which will be told. Again, DNA does not lie... people do. So let's lets this be a little less ego based; I have nothing to hide, nothing to prove. I have only an agenda to let the DNA tell her story, and I am sure we will all learn something that is beyond our expectations... myself included.. I am but a humble student of the plant....

Respectfully,
-Chimera

I don't think anyone is saying that OG dna has superiority over other cannabis genomes or hybrids. It does however standout in a unique way in terms of terpenes. The natural oils from OG Kush are wonderful special specimens of cannabis in my opinion. And the high is quite life enhancing as well.

The OG cut I have was passed to me from an old school grower who received it from la over 10 years ago. Yes there are many OG hybrids and s1's and many phonies as well. But,real OG is truly special in terms of cannabis plants.

I never claim it to be the best,it is not even my favorite and I've grown close to 200 strains so far. But it up there and there is a reason it's so popular in Ca.

I know many growers who've been breeding and growing their own seeds for 30+years with landrace genetics from all over the globe. And although their herb is important history and great quality,they often come to me for seeds or clones looking for stronger genes that have extreme amounts of resin and trichomes,larger yields,and resistance to mold,etc.
I believe that cannabis has evolved naturally throughout all these generations of random hybridization into a stronger more efficient species.
OG is just one of the top dogs. I smoked a joint of sour d while typing this post and it is also awesome.
One of my goals in life was to smoke the best weed in the world. I choose from over 35 strains grown organically with love everyday and smoke predominantly OG Kush and East coast sour diesel. I do have some seed crosses I made I bust out when we have company or special occasions but they usually have some Sour D and or OG crossed into them. I feel like I've accomplished that goal for me and many others every day.
To conclude I am blazed and OG kush is good,very good.

Respect and peace..

V

Veg N Out

This is OG!

picture.php

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im of the opinion the plant that takes the prettiest pictures is the most highly sought after
and the triangle takes some great pics....
of course theres not a lot of folks running her to be posting pics
so she has a kind of a 'hard to get' angle that helps.
thats such a pretty plant
dayummmmm

woolybear

Veteran
The two programmers sat in uncomfortable silence for a moment. Then Lunkwill leaned forward again.

"But are you not," he said, "a more fiendish disputant than the Great Hyperlobic Omni-Cognate Neutron Wrangler of Ciceronicus 12, the Magic and Indefatigable?"

"The Great Hyperlobic Omni-Cognate Neutron Wrangler," said Deep Thought thoroughly rolling the r's, "could talk all four legs off an Arcturan MegaDonkey - but only I could persuade it to go for a walk afterwards."

"Then what," asked Fook, "is the problem?"

"There is no problem," said Deep Thought with magnificent ringing tones. "I am simply the second greatest computer in the Universe of Space and Time."

"But the second?" insisted Lunkwill. "Why do you keep saying the second? You're surely not thinking of the Multicorticoid Perspicutron Titan Muller are you? Or the Pondermatic? Or the ..."

Contemptuous lights flashed across the computer's console.

"I spare not a single unit of thought on these cybernetic simpletons!" he boomed. "I speak of none but the computer that is to come after me!" Fook was losing patience. He pushed his notebook aside and muttered, "I think this is getting needlessly messianic."

Needlessly messianic is what i felt like googling after reading Chim's posts in this thread. love ya man but it reads like your 'noiding out

lies dirty lies!

i mean really. i remember my earlier years really smoking weed, which was like 5 years ago. og kush imo is a type of weed which is/was really popular and sells for 2-3k a unit if your in california.

weed = cannabis which is illegal in most of the world

nomaad

Veteran
I am pretty damn sure that the 2-4 OG's and OG crosses that I provide you with for DNA testing, Chimera, will prove out to have shared lineage.

I also would wager that if you set up a Pepsi challenge type blind taste test, I could find more than a handful of people who could pick out the same ones as OGs every time, all day long. AND that those strains would prove out to be of shared lineage.

Along with the OGs I have access to a Chem D cut and a Sour cut that I believe to have shared lineage as well. Would love to know which is the chicken and which is the egg.

Let's get on with it already!!! :)

Z

Z-ro

I also would wager that if you set up a Pepsi challenge type blind taste test, I could find more than a handful of people who could pick out the same ones as OGs every time, all day long. AND that those strains would prove out to be of shared lineage.

Along with the OGs I have access to a Chem D cut and a Sour cut that I believe to have shared lineage as well. Would love to know which is the chicken and which is the egg.

^^spot on

Plant Whisperer
Veteran

To put it simply, DNA does NOT LIE. As Maury Povich says "... OG kush'....you are NoT the father..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck

Or you can listen to 420247... your choice.... again I could care less, it is not my story to tell, it is the story of the DNA which will be told. Again, DNA does not lie... people do. So let's lets this be a little less ego based; I have nothing to hide, nothing to prove. I have only an agenda to let the DNA tell her story, and I am sure we will all learn something that is beyond our expectations... myself included.. I am but a humble student of the plant.... and I am open to learning what she has to teach us, without being arrogant and deciding that I know more than the evidence can support- such is a fool's errand 420247.

Respectfully,
-Chimera

:laughing: You sound like some feelings got hurt... Did the Cali vendors fuck you over? It happens to the best of them... :ying:

My brother. Thank you for posting this. Thank you to Tom et al as welll, for seeing the light.

This is not my story to tell.. She speaks for herself and tells her own.

I did not profess the results, or claim I know the truth without evidence as other do. I would not be so arrogant.

If am deemed to read the pages of the DNA book for our community, because other others bury their heads in the sand - then so be it. May others be open to the truth as well, and not en agenda driven "truth' as some may force down your throat, as other will try for profit.

All the best,
-Chimera

In the thread I quoted you from, I posted and offered DNA... All I heard were crickets :ying:

What would be needed to collect the DNA? Live moist or dry dead plant matter? Where do we send the samples? I have a few OGs we can start this off with :wave:

Do you remember reading this? Did you even bother? :ying:

I hope your not still angry about the visitor message I left you :ying:

Sounds like something Breeder Steve would say lol :ying:

Good luck on making this happen :) I always worry when people talk about something in the works like this... It sounds great, but I would rather wait to hear about it when it is completed... Dont be getting my hopes up and not deliver LOL :ying:

Take care :wave:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Jorge and I had this conversation over and over again as we visited different growers, dispensaries etc etc..... and finally- it came to me; that OG Kush is no longer a single plant (an individual), or even a family (since all 'the original's are clearly not all related), or even a smell profile. OG Kush is a philosophy, a way of life, a state of mind or even a state of being. It's a religion. It's grown past what was once a single plant, to a collection of unrelated hybrids, that don't necessarily even share the same/similar terpene profile.

Read these words people... His words do not add up :ying:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
They do to me..

I think you'd be a lot more agreeable if you didn't think he was hating on OG kush. Which he isn't, he's just commenting on how people are misusing a name to sell. You're heavily invested in it, I'm sure you spent a lot of time and energy obtaining what you have, and I'm sure it was worth it. No one is debating that, they're just trying to find a way to actually give people like you with the real deal a certificate of authenticity.

Not everyone who talks about the negative side of things is a hater, or has an agenda to promote, you know..

Not everyone who talks about the negative side of things is a hater, or has an agenda to promote, you know..

Well said the plants have no agenda, only us twats do!... but then man always has and always will..... 1 clone turns to 2 to 3 to more and on we go... just like the "cheese" its exodus oh wait its suicide... ffs...

some Crichton quotes

“What makes you think human beings are sentient and aware? There's no evidence for it. Human beings never think for themselves, they find it too uncomfortable. For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told-and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity, and the characteristic result is religious warfare. Other animals fight for territory or food; but, uniquely in the animal kingdom, human beings fight for their 'beliefs.' The reason is that beliefs guide behavior which has evolutionary importance among human beings. But at a time when our behavior may well lead us to extinction, I see no reason to assume we have any awareness at all. We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion. Next question.”
“Do you know what we call opinion in the absence of evidence? We call it prejudice.”

thanks as always for speaking up Chimera, least someone does!

nomaad

Veteran
another words FUCK OFF old man bullshit
Ps youre buddy nomad grows swagy outdoor paki
just like you !!! i hope you're dna shows you have Cannabis
ya cracker !!!

lots of hostility. Once you have smoked my flowers, you're entitled to an opinion. i think I remember your hatred from other threads. am i right?

I have been working with OG, Sour and Chem since my very first garden. Not only do I believe that they are all related, I believe that the original cuts and successive crosses and s1 keepers represent a flavor/high profile that a large niche within the cannabis market can identify immediately and will choose over any other available strain when these properties are evident in the sample at hand.

While Chimera and I have some mutual friends and have PMed a bit about this very DNA project, we're not technically buddies at this point and we have different opinions about OG. My personal experience with OGs in the garden and in the marketplace has colored my narrative and Chimera's experience has colored his narrative.

DNA testing will give us both some real data to work with as we continue our experience with the plant.

Last edited:
V

Veg N Out

I'd like to donate the F Cut to the OG Kush DNA Debate. Tom ..Let me know?

Really curious to see if a plant that's been grown out in the Triangle area of Miami is from the same gene pool as the bag seed from that famous sack of nameless Colorado kind bud that brought on the Chemdog lines...Both the Chemdog and the Triangle Kush go back to the late 80s / Early 90.....

The plot thickens......