What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
what chimera says rings true, but no one wants to admit that no one really knows what they have and people make up names to sell "things" be they weed or otherwise.

im sure all of you have "THE" original OG/KUSH/HAZE/DIESEL/SOUR/ETC and a lot of you have the same cut of the same plants, but at the end of the day its just weed like chimera said, some is "better" than others and it is ALL subjective to taste.

every kush i ever had all tasted and smelled like "kush" high was always different but smell and taste always the same. but from what im told any plant from the kush region will taste and smell like kush and pass down that smell and taste in any cross because it is a land race.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
every kush i ever had all tasted and smelled like "kush" high was always different but smell and taste always the same. but from what im told any plant from the kush region will taste and smell like kush and pass down that smell and taste in any cross because it is a land race.

Are you trying to say Bubba Kush and OG Kush taste the same?

And are you saying OG Kush is a landrace?

BTW I dont have any weed... A weed is an unwanted plant... I dont have any plants I dont want or I would weed them out ;)

:ying:

V

Veg N Out

I'm going to guess the 24 ft tall OG Skunk plants he is talking about was a plant Tom Hill was calling OG X that they got from a dispensary that was supposed to be Skywalker OG that ended up being something else, and so, the OG X name.... The Triangle Kush is the real OG!

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
I'm going to guess the 24 ft tall OG Skunk plants he is talking about was a plant Tom Hill was calling OG X that they got from a dispensary that was supposed to be Skywalker OG that ended up being something else, and so, the OG X name.... The Triangle Kush is the real OG!

So do you guys just call it "original OG"? hahahaha

Sorry man... I had to hahahaha :ying:

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
OG....

picture.php

V

Veg N Out

No. The Triangle Kush is the Triangle Kush. But I am willing to bet that the TK nugs are the nugs that started the "OG Kush" brand name in Cali in the mid 90s... ORGNKID showed up in LA around that time and not long after Bubba Kush and OG Kush were in the streets if you were a part of the right circles. He ALWAYS claimed that the OG came from Florida...and since he put out some of the best Kush...ever...and was one of the first people to do so, I'm talking pounds of finished nugs not seeds...I am going to go ahead and accept the credibility of his claims and grow and love the TK and regard it in my garden as THE OG.

If you've smoked the Triangle K, you would too. It's that good.

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
No. The Triangle Kush is the Triangle Kush. But I am willing to bet that the TK nugs are the nugs that started the "OG Kush" brand name in Cali in the mid 90s... ORGNKID showed up in LA around that time and not long after Bubba Kush and OG Kush were in the streets if you were a part of the right circles. He ALWAYS claimed that the OG came from Florida...and since he put out some of the best Kush...ever...and was one of the first people to do so, I'm talking pounds of finished nugs not seeds...I am going to go ahead and accept the credibility of his claims and grow and love the TK and regard it in my garden as THE OG.

If you've smoked the Triangle K, you would too. It's that good.

What you just posted is pretty much the story people "in the right circles", or close to them, have always said. :thank you:

I did the "original" thing because I have been stuck listening to alot of silly people (mostly vendors) who annoy me with these odd names of shit they have no clue about... Sorry if my post may have bugged you... I am not questioning if you know what you have... just a ha ha moment for me... and I mean haha, not ah ha... lol :)

Take care :tiphat:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn smoketrees thats the kinda OG im looking for...im still on my search for the best OG to compare to my SFV cuts....i popped some tahoe OG seeds and have triangle and ghost cuts to try soon..

ive always called my OG by the SFV tag but in reality it could be anything, ghost, pure, who the hell knows! all i know its a damn nice OG with a rank lemon fuel smell that puts you in the sky and leaves the strongest minty lemon aftertaste...fuckin love it!

i know chimera knows a lot about plants and breeding, prolly more then anyone else in this game but that quote is pure non sense, obviously he didnt like with the right circles of people that are in the know, i believe they all said they had the original and all of em were different, all that means is that most of them got burnt and dont have the true og, most the og now is from s1s and bagseed so there is a bunch of different phenos, he doesnt understand that? i have a true og cut and ive seen a handful of other people true og cuts and they are all exactly the same, maybe a little different cuz of enviornmental issues, but definitely the same cut. that shit made him seem like he doesnt undertsand phenos of plants?? wtf.

and yes it is very true everyone is just calling everything og, right now i have a herijuana, an afghoo, a socal master kush, white chem d and prolly a couple others that i could take to the dispensary and sell as og kush cuz they all have that kush smell, to the average smoker, they cant tell, but the people that know, know what the real og is.

so yes its true people have fake cuts and everyone just throws the name og kush on their shit but does that does not mean at all that there is no real og kush cuz there very much is a real og kush and many phenos of it.

anyone that knows og kush knows exactly what it is.

but the history and all that is a lot of fairy tales.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the tk is without a doubt the best og i have tried

Seconded..the tk is incredible smelling and tasting...its fascinating to grow multiple ogs and see similarities and differences ...as in tahoes high vs victorville or valleys relationship to tk etc..

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
that shit made him seem like he doesnt undertsand phenos of plants?? wtf.

i don't think he was saying that some of the og kush he smoked was the real og kush and the others weren't. i think what he was trying to get across was that if everyone claims to have the original true og kush but each one is different from the other. how can anyone have the "real" og kush?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
May The Force Be With You

Skywalker OG almost done...10 days to go...super dank

All for the amazing price of $10.00 USD :ying:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
i know chimera knows a lot about plants and breeding, prolly more then anyone else in this game but that quote is pure non sense, obviously he didnt like with the right circles of people that are in the know, i believe they all said they had the original and all of em were different, all that means is that most of them got burnt and dont have the true og, most the og now is from s1s and bagseed so there is a bunch of different phenos, he doesnt understand that? i have a true og cut and ive seen a handful of other people true og cuts and they are all exactly the same, maybe a little different cuz of enviornmental issues, but definitely the same cut. that shit made him seem like he doesnt undertsand phenos of plants?? wtf.
He knows a lot about phenos, enough to know that a plant, even a polyhybrid, isn't going to display the variations that he's seen advertised as OG. He's saying that a clone, or even an S1 wouldn't show that much variety.

He's also saying that OG has developed a mystique which people are assigning to all sorts of plants, some of which have nothing to do with the original..
and yes it is very true everyone is just calling everything og, right now i have a herijuana, an afghoo, a socal master kush, white chem d and prolly a couple others that i could take to the dispensary and sell as og kush cuz they all have that kush smell, to the average smoker, they cant tell, but the people that know, know what the real og is.
Yeah, which, if you read, was exactly what he's saying is happening.
so yes its true people have fake cuts and everyone just throws the name og kush on their shit but does that does not mean at all that there is no real og kush cuz there very much is a real og kush and many phenos of it.
He knows this. He's collaborating with Tom Hill, do you think he hasn't seen the real deal?
anyone that knows og kush knows exactly what it is.
The problem is finding out who really knows, and who is faking the funk.. which is why he's working on DNA testing to remove any doubt..
but the history and all that is a lot of fairy tales.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Guys we can tell you that TK does well inside with X parameters, we can tell you that SFV does best outside @ 40n, we can tell you which is most homozygous for breeding purposes. We can tell you plenty you never had any clue about, and deliver exactly what your situation calls for. -T