What's new

Announcement Introducing Veteran members

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like Verdant I'm not an elitist by any means but hear me out:
Isn't a cannabis growing forum, in a good way, one of the most elitist things ever anyways?
among your peers you get credit for doing the right thing, despite the legal situation and the consequences. no matter what legislation in a certain geography says, all that more or less legal activity is what ultimately opens the network up for you and only that. Can't think of many clubs that are more exclusive🙂

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Word of caution though against trading clones. We ALL need to be really careful NOT to spread the Hops Latent Virus or other diseases through clone trading.

Prevent spread by practicing good hygene. Sterilize cutting tools with rubbing alcohol, and there may be something to apply to clones to prevent disease.

4 Methods of Spread for Hop Latent Viroid: What Every Cultivator Should Know About This ‘Silent Killer’​

Dr. Zamir Punja, a professor of plant biotechnology at Simon Fraser University, explains what he’s uncovered in his recent research.

Seeds can also transmit the disease, but its much lower percentage around 5-15% I think it was.
Rubbing alcohol will spread it, seeds can transmit it from range of below ten to in the 90s% of the seed infected inside, and all on the outside of the seed, if any of the parents are infected.. the latest research has shown..

5-10000 ppm chlorine bleach solutions for contact time of 60 secs will reliably render it uninfectious. Though it will eat your stainless steel tools up hahahha. Wear PPE. Yeah the high incidence of viroids and virii somewhat compound the whole seed and cuts trading thing considerably. Almost all sources of seed that I tested plants from had some high degree of infection. I've stopped mostly sharing my seed since I saw what was up, though mates growing it out are having banger crops better than their cuts planted out, they and I assume its because the rest of their moms were already well infected with all sorts of shite.

Oh and thanks for the badge :) kumbaya!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
Cool thanks. Maybe in another 3 years ill get there
yes at the moment seems like that. but i gave you the link to the contest where we are looking for suggestions. i didn t see you there commenting anything about

"that would be kool to allow regular members with at least 1 year old accounts and 100 posts to read and comment at the trading post"

we are open to consider all of our members ideas if it was supported with good reason.
opps wrong quote, but i will not search for the othe r one now xxxxx i hope this helps too.
plus visit this thread :
Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

add your 2cents and you will have one more comment at least. plus chance to win premium