What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
Dear Community of ICMAG !

We are on the way to fine tune our new Veteran, VIP, Premium section.
Our ideas and insights are not always enough to make the perfect balance, we would like you to:

join this contest and share your thoughts about what benefits, rules or limits would you adjust, and why.

the best idea will be rewarded with 1 year premium membership
(The election of the winning idea will be performed internally by ICMAG Staff)

*plus 2 winners will be randomly selected (from all of the commenters) and win 6 months premium membership.

think-pooh.gif

** important! we are looking for usable suggestions that can be fulfilled.​
The contest is ruled and administrated based on the most elemental fraternity and fair play principles. Any lack of respect, offence or attempt to discredit or defame the contest will leave the prevaricator out of the contest and at the mercy of administrative sanction.

contest will be closed on 2024.03.10. (on the 10. of march)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Can we do something nice for the folks who can't attend the cup each year? Perhaps with the boutique or maybe real gorilla would help out. If any veterans do a seed run, and they turn out well, maybe send a little bag of them in, and do a draw each cup week and send them out to the lucky winner?

Ca++

While the extra forums are nice, for different topics, Duplicate topics might be a problem.
As an example, If I can post the same thing on either side of the pay wall, it's better for the site to not let me post it over there. This here, is the front end of the site, and what attracts people to begin with. Anything that can be here, should be here.

revegeta666

While the extra forums are nice, for different topics, Duplicate topics might be a problem.
As an example, If I can post the same thing on either side of the pay wall, it's better for the site to not let me post it over there. This here, is the front end of the site, and what attracts people to begin with. Anything that can be here, should be here.
Not only duplicate threads. It seems like a very strange idea to me, to split the forum in 2 like that. I fail to understand how anything can come from this, that will make the forum better.

Inexperienced growers benefit most from veterans' opinions. Experienced growers sharing their knowledge is the biggest asset a forum like this has, to keep expanding and attracting new users.

Experienced growers whose accounts are under 10 years will see the knowledge pool undermined, thus making it less and less appealing to keep posting here.

If I am not able to read what the most experienced users are posting, I'll probably move to a forum where I can keep learning from the oldest users there.

There's only so many times I'm gonna login to answer noob questions or to see keyboard growers destroying their plants and asking for help, if the interesting content is private.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I don't think all or even most of the interesting content will move to the new areas. They are just extra to the regular forum, and something to look forward to for our most loyal members and people that want to support us. In no way this will change the regular forum dinamics. Actually, till now, it looks like only stuff that wouldn't be posted at all in the open forums is finding it's way to the new subforums.

Ca++

A few balanced replies there, to an issue that may arise. Or just appear to arise, if you can't actually see over the wall.

I was going to ask the South African guys how they feel about apartheid, but they had already signed up for it lol

Ca++

ok now thats your opinion, and i see no ideas .. back to topic.. maybe?
The idea is to not have people posting stuff in the paid for area, that would be better suited to general consumption. To maximise the sites appeal to new users.

Things like the grow diaries and cookery threads that are in there. Plus the many more that will follow.

You don't have to like the idea, but it's 100% on topic, and I'm not the only one saying it.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We understand it, and we are commited to manage it if it happens. What you should understand is, that, if you like "old icmag", you should like "new icmag" as well, cause it's about the same, but with added stuff, and also this might end up some day being what saves the forum from closing shop for good. So, if you like icmag, you should support it!
Now, let's get back to making IcMag better!

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i assure you there will be no parallel threads, we will not move any secret cookie recipes from anywhere.
the content at the veteran grow area would not be posted anyway on the open forum.
public forum will not miss any of the content it had already.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Maybe you could allow ALL members to READ in the new Veterans sections but only qualified members of the Veterans forum could actually POST there and participate in trading/selling.

No duplicate or parallel post issue.

No issue of new members not staying because all the good info is private from them.

And, if a "non-veteran" sees something in the Veterans forum that is of interest, it might encourage them to join.

Just tossing it out.

mm4n

Can we do something nice for the folks who can't attend the cup each year?
What if we bring the Cup to them instead? :)

To solve some of the logistic problems currently generated by the 420 CUP, I was thinking that we could draw inspiration from the competition system set up by the High Times group in North America: in addition to the main Cup (HTCC), throughout the year, there are many regional competitions (the People’s Choice Edition) or dedicated Cups (e.g. the Hemp Cup or the sungrown cups).
Having mid-cups in England, Germany, Mexico or Thailand could be interesting...

...and, to stay in topic, the "Veterans" of the different countries could be the core of users around which to build regional competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts