What's new

I'm Just Looking for a Place to Do My Thing

hazy

Veteran
...i am torn between the blazing or the golden. both are gonna be awesome either way just the pics and being a lil high is confusing me now lol....
^^You crack me up.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
Well, the last batch of clones I took and put in coco died.
I'm going to try another batch tonight. Another method.

So I'm getting prepared to run entirely from seed, in case my cloning doesn't work. It really doesn't look like cloning's ever going to happen again for me. My vegging plants are in perfect health too. So I'm going to grow out a couple males and make some beans. Just in case.

I really need to get some crosses of my dank strains so I can at least have them around in some form. I have some White Russian in 12/12, but just pulled the males before I decided I better make seeds. I have some Golden Cindy and some Grapefruit-Blueberry, and hopefully they'll give me a couple nice males. I'll make crosses of all i have in flower right now. Which is almost all of my strains. Should be tons of good stuff to work with out of them, along with the beans I've been gifted,and that I made a while back, I'll do just fine. I'll make a few hundred seeds.

Then I can pop 25 or so at a time. Just hate to have to keep the lookout for nanners and such when I flip em.

This is a C99 a couple weeks in. nice and big.

That's a Double purple doja in the middle. Those budlets are purple.

I just chopped a Sweet Skush.

I

idoreallytry

Dude i honestly had trouble til i followed JJScorpiio's cloning with Rapid rooter sticky,,i get almost a hundred percent so far off the plant directly and then i had 36 cuts that were off the plant for four days and got 75% of them to root in RR so if u havent tried them give it a whirl tehy are so easy to transplant as well i like starting seeds in them too so you can pot them down easierto get a nice sturdy stalk under the soil from the beginning,,,well good luck sorry forrambling i am super high,,,peace

Che

Veteran
Mmmm looking good hazy, I wouldn't mind a toke of that sweet skush..

Hazy, I was having a hard time cloning until I practically gave up, and switch to rez dog style soiless cloning. I'm using GH nutes (1/1/1 mL/g) in pro mix bx, and occasionally some rooting hormone. They take longer to root, but if your mix is loose and airy the roots explode when they take. Just throw a few cuts in some well moistened and aerated soiless mix.. under a T5 or something.. in a few weeks you have happy rooted plants!

I hope you can get it to work for you, it really sucks seeing you losing all your cuts man!

Here's to your success!! :canabis:
-Che

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
if your razor or scissors is not clean, preferably new, start there. that did the trick for me. cause its hard to believe that they all die if the coco is new and mother is healthy and temps are in 75-85, with out getting dryed out. they are getting sick somewhere along the way, prob at cutting. u said u use your trimming scissors? you dont want to do that! what kind of coco? that is another thing... amended with anything? Peat in there? bricked? these all factor in...... soon the temps(next week) will allow for bubble cloners and maybe your ez cloner rep. but i am stickin with coco cause since i bought a new pack of blades and stopped using scissors and use a new blade each session... 100% n all i changed is new cutting utensils. threw rapid rooter tray or jiffy tray on seedling mat and watered the tray only and let em wick up water. i know i have said this b4, but your cloning issues are stumping me... failure with all attemps on all cuts is roughbrother and that is a prob i had 3-4 trys in a row after 2+ years of 100% or damn near. damn razors n no more sick cuts.....best ofluck there man

you plants look excellent though
that dpd is so fun to watch

I

idoreallytry

good advice as well about the razor and them being new Sir,,,.makes a difference,,for sure...peace

P

Peat

Hey hazy,

last time my tried n true cloning method stopped working, I experimented wth as many different methods as I could.

I figured, something HAD to work. :wallbash:

I was right! :D

These days, I use peat pellets.
But, I've got some coco to experiment with...

FWIW,
If/when I'm faced with my fav cloning tech not working any more, I'll do the "multi-prong strategy" again.

:2cents:

Good luck!

I

idoreallytry

cloning can get ya down but you will find ur niche soon enough,,,peace

hazy

Veteran
Hey ido.
I guess i should order some RRs. My past experience says domes =death, but I'll try.

Got a couple clones that were rooted in RRs once and they were definitely easy to plant.

Thanks Che, I have two left of seven i did with rez's method with coco. I was surprised that the last two were not drooping when i opened the door tonight. Either they're good, or they'll be dead tomorrow.

Hey Sir,
I used to use scissors with no problem. I've done the last few batches with new razor blades. The coco/perlite is used, but well rinsed. The clones I had in coco had a very dilute nuts mixture, per Rez's instructions. Big cuts, rooting hormone, moistened with weak nutes.

Man, I hope so Peat. I'm running out of methods to try.

I've been using the ez cloner with great results till all this started, but before that, i could never get anything to root in any medium besides Perlite/vermiculite, in a little hempy cup.

Soil, peat pucks, coco = death.
I'm certain that they'll die in RR's or rockwool or anything. But I'll keep trying till the palnts are too big for my veg space. or till i rape them of branches.

I'll be doing the p/v in hempy cups when I take cuts tonight or tomorrow.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
man i bet the used coco is a big prob rinsed or not....u never know what lurking there... not for a clone but ok to use to transplant later i am confident- for 30 buck to be safe its worth it considering 1 bag of coco can grow mucho expensive meds later too
always use new and do not use perlite IMO and no nutes if the moms are well fed and healthy they wont need it til rooting occurs... in my experience with nutes on new cuts is not good either.. maybe a soak in some tap overnight but thats all i do. i stuff the coco in a lil cup as tight as i can, poke a center hole with a skewer/poker and stick in nearly to bottom

hazy

Veteran
This is just a wimpy little update to the diary.
I took some cuttings of GAK SS C99 C4 and have them sitting in cups of water. They'll sit there for a day or two.
Also, on a positive note, a GAK and PK are still alive since the 23rd. One week.:woohoo: Finally we're out of the 100s for outdoor temps. Maybe an ez cloner will work now. Maybe I'll go buy all new stuff for a new cloner. New pump, pipes, sprayers and a new rubbermaid.

I was about this close to just giving up, but you guys have all been so patient and helpful, I have to soldier on till i get it.

I just chopped a branch off of a little PK that's at 60 days. i'll let the rest go for another week. Ain't it a pretty thing?
It'd be a crime to lose it.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

outame 2

hey hazy,the plant collapsed under her own weight two days after this picture.Just over 4.5 oz with beans for a minute.Time for vacation.

E

easyrasta

that pk looks awesome bro,
if youre haveing problems with cuts, do you have seeds you can pop?
best of luck &
peace
Ez

whodair

Veteran
heyy I tape up my vortex too, while asking myself if its neccessary,
Thanks Phillthy. I have vidalia and tor, just forgot about em had em turned off cause it won't let me post or edit posts. Def will do the https thing though. Love to smoke this diesel with ya, and peach shine- cold, mmm mmm mmm.

Hey hey Bear. Good to see ya here. Should have lots of pics to check out.

NYCD and the filter that's helping me do my thing.

EDIT: don't buy this filter!
EDIT: I was wrong. I had a leak. This filter rocks!! I highly recommend them.
----------
Chopped some SSH the other day. Supreme smoke.

Some dry ssh

=============
Root mass in coco.

##########
Was out clearing debris from the south forty and smoking SSH. What a wonderful day.

@@@@@@@@
Some PK I grew a little while ago.

I

idoreallytry

The PK is that Pure Kush?,,if so urs looks an awful lot like mine but mine was just more purple but i let my room get down pretty low at night so that could be it,,its a good hashy coffee tasting smoke,,,is that what urs is like?,,,well looking good in here,,,peace

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great shots hazy.dont get discouraged bro....the e-z cloner will solveall ur clonong woes bro,worth the investment imho.
gl yo.peace-T-

hazy

Veteran
Dog~ :joint:
O~ man, them beans should keep you busy for a while. I feel my strain/seed hoarder self rising up. Tell me what they are again? I'm sure i want some. Nice looking buds you got. That'll last you a bit.
Hey easy. Good to see you. I do have lots of seeds and have some going now.
Here's what I've got popped or popping:
3 White Russian Girls from seed (Thanks Big Tex) in 12/12 now.
5 Golden Cindy vegging -From NS ;-)
5 Grapefruit-Blueberry vegging, yeah BT.
1 N99 from NS.
some bb-wr in the coco.

I've had a few things not germ. My fault, all of them. I need to go back to germing in paper towles in a tupperware on my computer case. Popping them in my cab in the coco works unless my temps spike up a bit. Which has happened a few times.

Howdy, whodair :wave: I tape up everything.

Hey idoreallytry. That PK is a Purple Kush. From SR71. Did I say that right? Not a cali guy, so I've never been there. It's got a nice fruity/grapey/candy smell. Real nice taste.

T~ Hey good to see you swing by. My ez cloner (homemade job) was great till recently. I tried to fire it up with a new pump, but got one too small. What a dork.

I'll go check out that GRO-cloner Jack.

OK. a little update. I've got some pics of a Chem4 that believe me, smells amazing. I'm sure I'll replace my Sour Diesel with it. It's almost as tall as the SD, but the buds are way bigger on the C4. And it smells better than my NYCD that I used to have.

============
Some DPD looking good.

===============
A Silver Lights from NS that's at about 73+ days and still going strong. I need to chop it now, but It's just not quite there.

============
Been smoking this PK nug:

==============
A GAK bud:

============

I have 2 clones that have been in coco since the 23rd, still looking good. Maybe the cooler weather is helping.

Latest posts

Latest posts