What's new

I'm Just Looking for a Place to Do My Thing

hazy

Veteran
I'm back with a new thread. Been in a funny weird mood lately, and wasn't going to start another, but I'm shaking off that gloomy, whateverthefuck feeling, and coming back with more. I hope to see all my friends around and newcomers are always welcome here too.

My last thread had a Rush theme with the 'Not Fade Away' title and my avatar. These days I listen to Merle Haggard more than anything else. That's him in my avvy playing the telecaster. I sing "Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down" or some other song by Merle(stuff by George Jones too) almost every night. Oh, I'm good too. :bis: He's one of those outlaw country singers; he watched Johnny Cash sing at San Quentin. Now that's outlaw. I don't really like too much newer country, i like the old stuff. (Kind of like my rock, older mostly, some newer) I like the Bakersfield sound instead of the Nashville thing. Specially Merle. Here's a link to a song that they wouldn't let the Hag put on his last album in 2004. Good song. Fits me. Give it a listen.
It's absolutely worth hearing a couple times. Even all my rocker friends will love it.
By Merle Haggard it's called -I'm Just a White Boy Looking for a Place to Do My Thing

My last thread started out with some freebie seed Sweet Warp from DVP. It was really good smoke, with the SwT really dominant. I have a ton of f2s. I even have one finishing now, but I'm not going to be in the mood for popping seeds for a while. This time I've got a fully stocked stable of girls. Thanks to my good friends here ;)

I have:

1. C99--
2. Sour Diesel ibl---
3. GAK---
4. SR71 PK--
5. Sugar Shack--
6. SSHf2--

The nycd is so stinky that I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it. I have to triple bag it just to get it out of the house if i want to take some outside to smoke while I work on my projects. Even then if i pause too long, the smell will start reeking. Impossible to take in a car unless in a jar. Taped. Maybe vacuum packed would be the thing if I had to transport it.:chin:

I really love the buzz too. Thank God it was chopped, dried, and in the jar, (as were a couple other diesel plants haha), when the popo swarmed in the neighborhood the other day. My filter couldn't control the odor.
EDIT: it turned out i had a leak. My Organic-Aire carbon fiber filter rocks.
****Note to anyone who's new to this game:
Get a vortex fan and a good filter before you even buy the light. ****

12-6-09 edit- My next filter will be a regular carbon filter. This one can't handle the smells since i upgraded and expanded a bit.

Edit: No way I'm getting rid of that NYCD. I love the smell too much. Been smoking some this last week, and it's too good to get rid of.

+++++++++++
OK, to those who don't know my setup, I've got a closet that I built in my den. It's 5' wide, a little over 2' deep, and 6.5' high. 12/12 happens in the bottom 4'. The veg is on top. Very limited veg height. A little over 2' counting light space. Flouros for veg and i use a 400 hps to bloom.

I grow in coco.

Right now, I'm using 1 gallon pots. I use GH maxi grow and maxi bloom, sometimes i throw in half a cal mag zinc pill from the drugstore into the jug of nutes. I have a cooltube, not hooked up yet. Really don't need it now that I have the vortex. Pisses me off, that the cooltube is a 'hydrofarm' brand and has a proprietary plug to plug into a hydrofarm ballast. I'll have to cut the end off, voiding any warranty no doubt, to use it. Oh well, live and learn. Pisses me off more that the plain brown box, had a packing slip that said "HYDROFARM" in big red letters, sitting out by my gate where the ups guy left it.:wallbash:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I clone in a diy ezcloner knockoff. Holds 12. I was a cloning loser:pointlaug till Chubbynugs talked me into building one of these babies:friends: .
When I plant one I take one.

I keep 20-24 plants in bloom all the time.

When I chop one I flip one.
I harvest buds on a regular basis. Nothing big, but plenty for me. My grow is perpetual, though I have no other plan than what I just wrote above. Too many strains to plan two clones a week or anything like that.

^^^^^^^
I just opened a box with a jug of SM90, let's hope that it does the job on the PM.
++++++++++
this is a link to some original lyrics sheets from Neil Peart of Rush. 2112 etc. very cool.[url]http://www.andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/wor dsandpictures/index_wordsandpictures.htm[/URL]

=============

===========

Edit: Just a quick smoke report on my Super Silver haze. Somewhere maybe a 1/3 or 1/2 way through the joint, it goes out, and I go son of a bitch, that's good weed. Lifts you by the eyes and forehead right over everything. Stays like that for a half an hour then a normal good buzz for hours.

Last edited:

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for a proxy type setup try this... http://vidalia-project.net/download.php
also come to this site by typing https:// instead of http://
you sound like a cool cat. someone i could smoke some nycd with and enjoy some of the peach moonshine i got in the freezer ;) keep on keepin on!

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey brother :wave:
i am glad to see another thread from ya :yes:
got my seat right up front :lurk: and your tagged for sure
:friends: :smoweed:

hazy

Veteran
Thanks Phillthy. I have vidalia and tor, just forgot about em had em turned off cause it won't let me post or edit posts. Def will do the https thing though. Love to smoke this diesel with ya, and peach shine- cold, mmm mmm mmm.

Hey hey Bear. Good to see ya here. Should have lots of pics to check out.

NYCD and the filter that's helping me do my thing.

EDIT: don't buy this filter!
EDIT: I was wrong. I had a leak. This filter rocks!! I highly recommend them.
----------
Chopped some SSH the other day. Supreme smoke.

Some dry ssh

=============
Root mass in coco.

##########
Was out clearing debris from the south forty and smoking SSH. What a wonderful day.

@@@@@@@@
Some PK I grew a little while ago.

Last edited:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sup hazy,found the new diggs bro.was lookin at ur other thread too...man them big rattlers were in ur yard bro?wow id be scared as hell to wonder too far out there bro.id be a complete mess with my kids playin out there yo...cool but crazy.what did ya kill it with?i know ya musta shot it right cause there no way i woulda got close enough to hit it with nothin LOL...cept a bullet hehe...
them birds,is that one a road runner?it looks like it would be.
well bro im here rollin with ya once again.peace and + vibes.-T-

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hi Hazy,

Nice set up mate... does that filter provide enough control for your space or is the problem only where that super stinky deisel is concerend? :wink:

Glad you're feeling a little less blue - I read on a thread the other day that if you play country music backwards, you get your job back, quit drinking, pay your rent and then yuor dog comes home :wink: - and with such generous friends you should be a little pleased anyway :smile:

happy growing
j

hazy

Veteran
Yeah T, I get a big rattler in the yard once every year or so. I kill them with a shovel. It's the tool of choice when going up against a snake. Long enough to keep your distance from those fangs, they can strike there full body length and them some, but usually only will strike a few feet.

My place is a few acres of desert and I get Gamble Quail (they hardly ever fly, just run), that roadrunner and his mate, rabbits, little prairie dog looking critters, and hawks and buzzards etc.
I hit a buzzard with a minivan a few years back,(he was taking off across the road after eating something on the side of the road) and it broke my grill and knocked my radiator loose.

smokesalot420~ come on in, glad to have you around.

hey JS~ that filter works great. I had an inadequate fan and a diy carbon filter before. I'm sure that filter could filter a much larger space. I went outside yesterday and put a ladder up so i could get to my vent and nothing. I have another diesel in bloom but couldn't smell it.
EDIT: it worked for a while, and then these filters can't cut it. I was wrong! Wrong!!
EDIT: At this point I still had a leak in my duct and thought it was the filter. It was not. The filter works great.

Last edited:

Anima

heya hazy...gotta tag ya up...
I too have been in a lil funk about posting up too...but I'm with ya. Shake it off and come back with more!!!

Excellent pics! the road runner is awesome! MEEP MEEP!
As well as your plant specimens :D

Peace and kindness
-Anima

Che

Veteran
Hi Hazy! I'm getting a good seat for this one - nice shots man! Lots of nice lookin herbs comin out of your little garden!:joint:

I'm gonna tag along too, if you don't mind, hazy. I only saw RUSH once, though. But it was 8th row dead center at Alpine Valley. 50 feet in front of my face. Awesome. Only Steely Dan was more awesome for me.

But anyway, speaking of awesome, you've got some of that going on yourself. I look forward to more in the future, thanks for sharing.

hazy

Veteran
Hey, long time no see Anima. Glad to see you back posting a little.

Che~ Sometimes i get a decent pic put up, no POTM material though. Always good conversation though.

Hey , the PK is a hard nuggeted beauty. i've got one at 30 days right now. i'll get a pic up of it in a few days. Here's a pic of that NYCD.
I wish you could smell it.:joint:

C

cellardweller

coolcool..
reserving space up front..
Really happy you decided to keep the NYCD. Get the vac sealer, it works wonders. just don't get the cheap-o.. A dose of the 'noia is a healthy thing to have, just make sure you control it, and not the other way around!

Living in the desert must be pretty cool too, but like Tona, I would hate having them rattlers around! Do you save the rattles when ya gotta bust one with the shovel?

peacenpot
:friends:
~dubbs

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
What's up in the new thread buddy....I'm here with a seat and a smoke !!!! Hey ,I got a cool pic u might. Like I'll have to take it on my way back to work this afternoon ,,,but I think u will get a kick out of it

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
What up Hazy!!!

I am here found it, well.................actually I seen it in your sig.

Looking forward to watching you "do your thing". and of course crazy desert shots

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
hey hazy !!!!!
here is a shot just for u man >>>>there is even a street named for him
picture.php

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll be jumping in from time to time....:D the growlist sounds delisious!
Tagged !:joint:

hazy

Veteran
I was just looking for a place to do my thing and I found it in the shade a greasewood bush.

just checking to make sure everyone went and listened to that song in my first post. Mandatory listening.

cd~ Really, it was your post saying what a shame it would be to get rid of a good strain, that made me back off and rethink it. Figured it was better to get another fan and filter, than get rid of something that smells so good.
Hang on a second while I grab the jar and open it, here, take a whiff.

Living in the desert's cool sometimes. The winters are great, except that every retired couple in the North US is here right now, and only a friggen HOT day will make them start heading their motorhomes back north.

Easily doubles our traffic.

We disparagingly call them 'snowbirds.'

When I was a teen, I had a quart jar full of rattles from me and my brother going out and shooting them with wristrockets.
Now, I give the skins and rattles to my son. The big one had 12 perfect segments on his rattle.

Sup Dog. So glad you found your way over here. OGA representin. Looks like you found a pretty good new OGA member in Che. His thread's got some serious plants.

Thanks for that pic, Jack. That's perfect. That must be in Bakersfield eh? I'm fixing to take an audio drive down Merle Haggard Dr. starting off with some 'Big City,' turn me loose and set me free. Speaking of a big city, we 'bout ready to fire up a big fatty of some stanky ass NYCD. puff puff passn

Hey B/R, come on in, we just doing our thing around here. I'm honored to have all three OGA members, well active members anyway, to come and visit my thread.

Jump in anytime Core. Good to have you here. What do you run, three different haze varieties? Just a SSH f2 here so far.
++++++++++++++
L​
oaded a bowl of SSH:abduct: and after was gathering old chunks of wood and such today out in the north 40. Kicked back under a greasewood bushto find a little relief from the sun, while burning the pile. About 3-4 hours into the buzz, decided that such a perfect day needed another bowl.
Went into the house and on the way found the box with my new Vortex fan (#2) and new filters just dropped off by the fedex guy. Took them in and burned part of a doob of haze, (cause nothing stinks worse than a joint)just to check out the filter fan combo. Loaded a bowl of some C99 and went back outside to keep an eye on my fire. Sat under the greasewood.
Lit up the bowl of Cindy. A female Curve Bill Thrasher flew onto a nearby bush. Very close. Looked over and saw my hummingbird perched up in the top of a dead tree. It's his fav spot, perches up there for a good hour, buzzing away for a minute then coming back. Such good weed.
Picked up a lot of trash, metal, glass, etc. I leave a little natural desert plant litter around so the lizards and little critters have a little cover.
The place looks pretty good these days, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on the cleanup here at hazy acres. Makes me want to have one great big ole party like you never saw.:jump::dance: Barbecue up some meat, a little brew to chase the tequila, and play a little Rush and Merle.
Here's momma dove out of the nest, cause i spooked her, I backed off so she wouldn't do the wounded bird -distract away from the babies thing.

Greasewood aka creosote bush

Sweet Warp chop