What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, although I think these questions were answered earlier, it seems everytime a real legitimate question concerning details of the entire subject at hand here seem to get entirely skipped over. That is until some like myself BhT and a few others comes across it because we (at least myself) bothers to read the whole dang thread despite having to weed thru the repitition and idiocy of some other posts. Sorry if made someone feel negatively about me or anything of the nature by things I've said here. I don't really care what anyone thinks but at least in my defense, tho I try to be as cool as a cucumber this subject can raise my blood pressure almost til my blood boils. Take care everyone.

-S.E.

$50 / oz was for armianos bill. That is not in the language of 19.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
As I said AK and NV don't have laws against personal cultivation, so ZERO is the CA limit, but not true for all 50 states.

Why would CA want to set limits on growers? Prop 19 does less than other states have currently.

:joint:

Cultivation, delivery or sale of less than 100 pounds of marijuana is punishable by 1 - 6 years in prison and a fine of up to $20,000 for the first offense. For a second offense, the penalty increases to 2 - 10 years in prison and a fine up to $20,000. For a third or subsequent offense, the penalty increases to 3 - 15 years in prison and a fine up to $20,000. Cultivation, delivery or sale of 100 pounds or more is punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine up to $25,000. For amounts of 2,000 pounds or greater, the penalty increases to 2 - 20 years in prison and a fine up to $50,000. For amounts greater than 10,000 pounds the penalty can be up to life in prison, with the possibility for parole after a minimum of five years and a fine up to $200,000.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4550

maybe you should focus on educating yourself concerning nevada law,then educate yourself on the nuance of legal linguistics,then concern yourself with debate in another states law?

igrowone

Veteran
Thank you, although I think these questions were answered earlier, it seems everytime a real legitimate question concerning details of the entire subject at hand here seem to get entirely skipped over. That is until some like myself BhT and a few others comes across it because we (at least myself) bothers to read the whole dang thread despite having to weed thru the repitition and idiocy of some other posts. Sorry if made someone feel negatively about me or anything of the nature by things I've said here. I don't really care what anyone thinks but at least in my defense, tho I try to be as cool as a cucumber this subject can raise my blood pressure almost til my blood boils. Take care everyone.

-S.E.

steady, we need you
this thread is an endurance contest
but threads like these become many threads(mixed all together), they just get huge and a bit unmanageable

Seems hydro might feel some sting here soon. I know here I can posess or cultivate up 1000 grams before it becomes a felony in my own state. What will we see next here? Kinda interested to see how this goes here. Hydro and Al seem to be some of the last constant posting anti's on this thread both very weak and easily dismissed. I really hope this becomes a win, not really on this thread but in the vote itself. This really will be a good step forward and victory for all to build on. Either way I'm still going to help push the movement in my own state.:joint:

-S.E.
:bump:

igrowone

Veteran
i've waited for 30+ years to see a plausible legalization chance, grant you this from afar for me, across the continent<br>
but i never in my wildest imaginings did i'd ever think i would be arguing with fellow smokers and growers that they needed to vote for legalization

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i've waited for 30+ years to see a plausible legalization chance, grant you this from afar for me, across the continent<br>
but i never in my wildest imaginings did i'd ever think i would be arguing with fellow smokers and growers that they needed to vote for legalization

it may be the midwest...

if Cali drops the ball look to Michigan as the next bastion of hope.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really hope no one is paying attention to the people saying this Bill would imprison more people. That is a senseless comment.

Right now, the normal person growing just for themselves will be charged with a Felony if they are caught growing in a 5 by 5 area, and will most likely do time. Under this Bill, those same people wouldn't even be looked at as they would be 100 percent legal. If they are growing in a larger area, they would still get arrested, but they would even if the Bill failed.

So in short, there could be thousands of people who get caught yearly in Cali for small personal grows, charged with Felonies and fined heavily, sent to jail or both.. If this Bill passed those same thousands wouldn't even be charged.....

How do you like those apples?

I'm not even really sure where to begin on this. I think its a great idea, and I think everyone has there heart in the right place, but prop 19 is a complete joke. I want everyone to read this over and over until they understand it. THIS IS NOT LEGALIZATION! All prop 19 does is make it slightly less illegal to posses and grow than it is now. 25 square feet, fuck that, 1 ounce, fuck that. This is an insult to us. I want to be able to grow, and posses as much as I feel like. They are trying to appease us, and get us to quiet down, as our movement is gaining momentum, and people are taking notice.

How does anyone figure this will pass anyways, I promise you it won't. Its such a moot point, I don't know why I waste my breath discussing it. The polls have never been much over 50 percent, and unless they hit at least 65 it has no chance. If you would like proof, I will find it, I just don't feel like looking it up.

I also would like you all to look into the prison guard union. They are one of the most feared unions in California, and I'm guessing they wont be on our side. Look into how 3 strikes came to be, very interesting, to much info to type out. More or less, the union is spending a bunch of money to make sure laws like this don't pass.

It won't stop the DEA from coming in either. I can't wait for the first mega farm in oakland to get raided. You just watch and wait, if they have a mega garden with over 100 plants, its a raid waiting to happen. Like a friend of mine said, I would hate to be the first person with one of those permits, lol pretty funny if you think about it. You want proof, how about the 68 year old lady that just got raided by the DEA, after being the first to apply for Mendocino counties medical exemption. I know her personally, she is a very bright lady, been a higher up in the hospital world most of her life, very well respected lady, and most definitely had all the I's dotted and T's crossed. You think some new different proposition will change this? Your dreaming, put the bong down for a few and think about it.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
I'm not even really sure where to begin on this. I think its a great idea, and I think everyone has there heart in the right place, but prop 19 is a complete joke. I want everyone to read this over and over until they understand it. THIS IS NOT LEGALIZATION! All prop 19 does is make it slightly less illegal to posses and grow than it is now. 25 square feet, fuck that, 1 ounce, fuck that. This is an insult to us. I want to be able to grow, and posses as much as I feel like.

Let me guess.

You want to be able to drink liquor as much as you want.

Where you want.

While you're driving or on the beach.

With children and young adults.

Make moonshine by the bathload. Or ten bathloads, if you wish.

Margaritas for everyone!

True legalization!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Metalhead, I agree with some portions of what you are saying. The way I see it, mj is illegal on two different levels, state and federal. 19 only addresses it on the state level, as you said. Obviously, this is a starting point. I don't understand why all of you anti-19 folks think that 215 is the be-all and end-all legislation, and then kick 19 because it only applies at the state level. And the more that the fed's go after people that are level, respectable members of society complying with state law, the more credibility they lose. I think this is the next item on Richard Lee's punch list. Once California legalizes, other states will follow, and eventually the fed's will have to capitulate.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
that first licensed "mega grower" in oakland just may go down in history as the most important person in the entire movement.

that will be the first time the scotus has heard a recreational 10th argument.

Ya, anyone can take the extreme side of an argument and make the other side look stupid. And no, I don't plan on, or have the time to read a 120 page thread. Anyone care to sum it up?

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Once California legalizes, other states will follow, and eventually the fed's will have to capitulate.
This is what I think too.
Also, IMO when the majority of states legalize, and the feds finally get with the program, some type of nation wide policy/laws will be established, and all the little state to state differences in laws will be done away with.
So I don't think 19 will stay the same as it is now forever if it passes.

Edit: Now I'm thinking about gambling and liquor, which are different laws state to state, so maybe there won't be a blanket federal MJ policy.
But I do think it will usher in change for the rest of the U.S. and then the world

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Ya, anyone can take the extreme side of an argument and make the other side look stupid. And no, I don't plan on, or have the time to read a 120 page thread. Anyone care to sum it up?

sure...

all your bullshit fearmongering and postulating has been exposed for the bullshit it is ad nauseum

I guess only time will tell. One more thing, could we please discuss this like adults. The childish responses really aren't necessary and don't help your argument. Instead of just giving me your opinion you could give me some facts, or point me in the right direction, at least explain why you feel that way. I would love to understand your point of view, but I don't, and I think you are in for a rude awakening. I guess i will browse this thread and try and figure out what it is you guys are talking about. I deal with this everyday with people in the industry, and maybe you all know something we don't.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I guess only time will tell. One more thing, could we please discuss this like adults. The childish responses really aren't necessary and don't help your argument. Instead of just giving me your opinion you could give me some facts, or point me in the right direction, at least explain why you feel that way. I would love to understand your point of view, but I don't, and I think you are in for a rude awakening. I guess i will browse this thread and try and figure out what it is you guys are talking about. I deal with this everyday with people in the industry, and maybe you all know something we don't.

use the filter feature

Status
Not open for further replies.