What's new

I want to grow "tripping weed" what should I get?

love?

I'm not exactly sure what people mean by trippy as generally it seems to refer to sativas but for me it's actually very indica dominant hybrids that have for example been very visual.

After a couple of larger bong rips of G-force (from The Flying Dutchmen) I could see some kind of spiraling tunnel when I closed my eyes and it's a Skunk/NL/G13 hybrid. Some phenos of it were plain crap though and it's not something I'd recommend because of that.

H

HippyJohnny

If cannabis only had a "proof" system like booze.

If a useful grading system could be agreed upon using science, instead of word of mouth...

Never had an Indica that made me "trip", like almost everyone else has said , gotta be a Sativa or a heavy leaning Sativa hybrid.

I've had some super silver haze that was very confusing and could consistently make one forget topics mid sentence, forget to eat, change the channel or shut up. All the while having expansive racing thoughts accompanied by a stupid urge to grin non-stop for hours. Not a morning starter or you may forget to go to work. I like those trips better than the paranoia and anxiety types some pure Sativas have.

I think it relates to the individuals body chemistry as to how a particular strain affects are experienced.

Sounds like a worthwhile quest though.

Peace :joint:

rambone

I think the psychedelic effect of some tropical sativas is mainly attributed to the intense outdoor sunshine and its effect on what the plant is producing in order to protect her seed set. I only have anecdotal evidence of this however having made frequent trips to Jamaica to visit family the high of the herb I obtained there did not transfer over to when the seeds were grown indoors. I truly believe when it comes to sativa outdoor is the only way to go if your geographic location permits the longer flowering time.

Gert Lush

Veteran
If cannabis only had a "proof" system like booze.

If a useful grading system could be agreed upon using science, instead of word of mouth...
This is very difficult with canna, though, because:
1) every experience is subjective and depends on the individual
2) set-and-setting play a huge role
The proof system was just based on gunpowder and a spark :D

Never had an Indica that made me "trip", like almost everyone else has said
Glad you said almost everyone.
I often say that this sativa-indica thing, though a good generalization, is not scientific or set in stone, and only gross stoner oversimplifications make it so.

Back in the day I have had amazingly psychedelic indicas, indeed some Red Pakistani plasticine and some Persian hash were quite unforgettable, probably trippier than any sativa I've had since. There are very psychedelic Himalayan charas varieties too, though some may say they are "sativa"-leaning.

So I, for one, certainly do not buy into this "only sats are trippy" stuff, even though I am almost exclusively a sat person these days.

I just don't think that some of the trippier indicas haven't found their way into the "market's" gene pool, that's all.

More's the pity...

Big Foot

I find any strain can be trippy if it is taken in high amounts orally. Smoking oil also tends to have a more psychedelic edge.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
i grew some willy nelson about a year ago. shit had me as close to tripping as any bud has had me. unfortunatly it took 14 weeks to finish flowering, and that was brutal. it was a really easy plant to grow considering what a long flowering period it has. huge yeild, and some of the best bud i have ever smoked.

Some Willy that I smoked was just like this. Left my buddies house and felt like I was seeing visuals. Colors and sounds were both affected. There was the clarity of the high, but also an almost dreamlike state. Very strange. I loved it. Immediately began the process of sourcing some seeds. There's only one person that I know of who makes them and they don't sell them here. PM me if you're interested.

Haven't grown them out yet, because of the expected 12-16 week flowering time. I will soon though. :)

Balance

I grew out some sat-dom hybrids that had some very "trippy" highs. I mean, make your eyes bleed visit another planet trippy. Great stuff if you're into that type of high.

Found 'em in a pack of CannaBioGen mixed seeds. I still have some S1's and have grown some out. The seeds made were different than any I had made before: smaller, dark brown almost black with no tiger stripes at all. Definately not like larger indica seeds.

Try some sativas from CBG or ACE. You will have to search a little, especially if you try the mixed packs. But, you're sure to find some trippy stuff in there, I sure did.

Also, Sam's freebies are just awesome if you like the sat experience, haven't tried the Original yet, but the Thai Haze was killer.

Good hunting!

4 Dragons

Sounds like you had Santa Marta Gold. The summer of 78 there was some wicked SMG going around in NY and CT. I had some Malawai Gold x Chronic last week that damn near blew my head off; if that stuff doesn't have a ceiling I would put my money on it for tripping.

bigherb

Veteran
Sounds like you had Santa Marta Gold. The summer of 78 there was some wicked SMG going around in NY and CT. I had some Malawai Gold x Chronic last week that damn near blew my head off; if that stuff doesn't have a ceiling I would put my money on it for tripping.

id love to hear a smoke report of this smcg you speak of that circulated NY,im particularly interested in taste/aromas

any details to your best recollection would be most appreciated

1luvbigherb

I personally enjoy some Shire (sssdh) while tripping. However, she yields not so well, stretches a whole bunch, and overall is a pain in the ass to grow. So it's a labor of love. Not something I'd fill a room with by any means, but great pot for your head.

bigwity

Veteran
they get the gold look by cureing the bud on the plant the way they do it is by cutting a rim round the base stem to restrict water while the plant finishs obviously it is genetics as well but original alco gold was done this way

4 Dragons

id love to hear a smoke report of this smcg you speak of that circulated NY,im particularly interested in taste/aromas

any details to your best recollection would be most appreciated

1luvbigherb

A bit of a stretch but... Wood ( cedar? ) like fresh sawdust, earthy, incense, spice. Like having angry bees in your head or nitrous. I never had anything back in the day that tasted or smelled fruity, not that I can remember anyway. I have some beans that I hope to get to this year and if worthy I will make them available.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If CBN is 100% pure it is white or very slightly off white.
CBN is not produced directly by the plant it is a degradation product/artifact from the other plant made Cannabinoids.

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
they get the gold look by cureing the bud on the plant the way they do it is by cutting a rim round the base stem to restrict water while the plant finishs obviously it is genetics as well but original alco gold was done this way

I traveled and lived in Mexico, and visited Guerrero many times, the farmers do not cut a rim to deprive water, although I have seen a couple of plants like this, the normal way is with genetics and sun drying for a few days before sticking in the shade to finish drying.

Try it, they come out looking like imported "gold".

-SamS

bigherb

Veteran
A bit of a stretch but... Wood ( cedar? ) like fresh sawdust, earthy, incense, spice. Like having angry bees in your head or nitrous. I never had anything back in the day that tasted or smelled fruity, not that I can remember anyway. I have some beans that I hope to get to this year and if worthy I will make them available.

now ive said it before i wish i could hav been around backin the day fruity sweet not me my friend

very happy to hear the report Wood ( cedar? ) like fresh sawdust, earthy, incense, spice. sounds delicious now the majority ive asked for a description who hav experienced CG describe frankincen/incense ,i hope to obtain thing genetics in the future

best of luck wit your beans and its great to hear your mindset of spreading and preserving

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
I traveled and lived in Mexico, and visited Guerrero many times, the farmers do not cut a rim to deprive water, although I have seen a couple of plants like this, the normal way is with genetics and sun drying for a few days before sticking in the shade to finish drying.

-SamS

this report is most appreciated ,especially since you were in mexico its first hand ,the myth of the cutting ,stripping rimmed ETC ,is believe by most ,but as you say i believe its the genetics for the most part

IME ive seen countless nyc haze varieties that were golden and im sure the bark or stem were not stripped ETC or grown outdoor even ,which supports the fact of it being related to the genetics

1luvbigherb

Lav

Baned

-SamS

That makes sense. On a large scale it would be labor intensive to girdle every plant.