What's new

I want to grow "tripping weed" what should I get?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
CBD content raises as glands get older. There is more CBD in an amber trich than a clear one... though it is governed by genetics it is also age dependent.

CBN to THC to CBD... this cycle is continued inside the gland on a daily basis, but there is also another cycle like the Earth and the Sun... the seasons change but there is always one sunrise and one sunset every day.

I'm interested in THCV being referred to as the "psychedelic" cannabinoid... anybody out there hip to this?

Budbaby

I'm hoping this is still on topic. I have no experience growing yet, but I recently purchased seeds and am germinating them now. I wanted a powerful indica, as well as a strong sativa, so I bought Papaya and White Widow. Papaya has golden leaves.

Has anyone tried it, and could that be an answer for ibejamming?

As a newbie, it's hard to be helpful, but it's just in my nature to try....now, we will return to our regularly scheduled trip-hunt...{giggles}

Good luck.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm interested in THCV being referred to as the "psychedelic" cannabinoid... anybody out there hip to this?

The same cannabinoid is present in some Zamal expressions and the effect of both Haze and Zamal is broadly similar to me.

Will be crossing a pure Haze male expression from Sam with a reasonably stable Zamal from Gypsy that has a good high later this year , will be a right mess to sort the phenos but worth a shot i think , freebies for the brave ?

The 120 day male should bring down the 200+ female a touch .......

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
EEeeeeeentereschting... :D

Sounds good foomar!!

I like to see that kind of thinking... but moreover, I love to see that kind of doing!!!!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi mr.mustard , what flower time do you feel people would tolerate ?

I have no problem when they take a year and become part of the family , most locals freak out above eighty days , wimps.

Have a tester from Mountain High Seeds starting in two months which could well be what we are looking for , Blockhead Haze useing the males which made Venomhead so mental sounds promiseing.
The Haze girls from previous grows have been stunning.

This is worth a read if long flower times dont scare you

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=118274

The plant is still alive and has continued to flower on tip rooted shoots from the same rootstock , little effected by changes in light hours or temps , must be over 450 days now and a pound of bud in total.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I've seen a Haze that went over two hundred days but the yeild was considerably more.

I think the trade off of harvest for flowering time has to balance out.

johnbobit

This thread has basicaly became a sativa thread.
The only strain that isn't basicaly all sativa that gave me the tripping feeling is BELLADONA from paradise seeds. I don't enjoy tripping and didn't like the high from the pheno I had. Maybe I let it go to long?who knows but It was very trippy and very low flower time. I hate that feeling so in the trash it went.
An older pheno of AK, the stretchy long flowering pheno gave some of my friends visuals. They are light smokers and I did not get that effect, but enough of my friends did to make me think there is something to it.
Ok done ranting K+ to you in your search.

Ciarán

I agree with shaolin, schrom is the trippiest ganja I've ever grown. Hard to come by though, even if ur in California like me, so if your lookin to buy seeds, I'd agree with others and look for phenos in packs from ace, cannabiogen, tom hill, mr. nice, etc. Some tips to maybe use to make the effect more trippy are harvesting a week or so earlier than you normally would, (trichs still clear) and using UVb bulbs along with ur HID's if growing inside. Good luck, a trippy girl deserves a spot in all gardens

one Q

Quality
Veteran
BELLADONNA

$39.98

Click to enlarge Breeder : Paradise Seeds
Flowering Time : 56-60
Environment : Outdoor
Origin : Holland
Seeds Per Pack : 10
This mostly Skunk type is a real beauty, with very tight, compact orange buds. This girl absorbs the light of the world in 60 days. During this blossoming process she develops to maturity. Her tempting signals are of the kind you want to experience, but be warned, her tripping high is of a hallucinogenic nature.

C

Custy Noob

the sats I run are very, very psychedelic

far more psychedelic than the piff, uptown, dark haze, frankies of the last 10 + years

I've ran and smoked mango, more than my own, its not very psychedelic.

I've run Kali Mist and many hazes, smoked many Mr.. Nice, and smoked Tom Hills Pure.

Great weeds, but not the best trip weeds.

ibjamming

Veteran

far more psychedelic than the piff, uptown, dark haze, frankies of the last 10 + years

I've ran and smoked mango, more than my own, its not very psychedelic.

I've run Kali Mist and many hazes, smoked many Mr.. Nice, and smoked Tom Hills Pure.

Great weeds, but not the best trip weeds.

So...what do you run? We want names...

C

Custy Noob

bagseed from exotics that were being sold in Spanish ghettos in BK in the 90's

Others have compared it to Schrom (stronger high not as intense taste as schrom) and 80's Columbian strains.

Doesn't have a ceiling, evokes a gambit of intense emotion, makes you bug the fuck out in inappropriate situations, has its own color enhancing. peripheral illusion effects and causes adhd type amnesia, no sleeping on it, cuts through potent hybrids

I am waiting to see some dogshit which is a Columbian hybrid of high repute, i think that will help me get a bit more information as a comparative example

the big difference in this and the central american weeds that i remember smoking heavily is the energy that works into a bug out factor

the central american weeds of my youth seemed to have the same soaring component but without as much the can't eat and sleep high energy that comes with it. That said, this type of weed is not for many people, most people want narcotic pot, this will set off anxiety if your prone and expects to have a complete pants soiling shit fit if someone who smokes it is on certain other mind altering drugs, and for these particular reasons it is becoming increasingly rare. That and the fact that it takes weeks longer of higher quality care to be able to harvest an appreciable smoke.

johnbobit

Ya paradise seeds descriptions are pretty darn close to what you get in plant. You read them all and think that there b.s. because all the descriptions say amazing things, but unlike 90% of other seed companys paradise seeds descriptions are spot on not to mention perfect germ rates and never alot of phenos, not hard to find the keeper, oh and they all yeild well and are easy to grow.
wow that was a bad paradise seeds /rant off stey away if you have anxiety or heart conditions.

Gert Lush

Veteran
I am a fan of Paradise seeds in general, but I tried Belladonna a few times and, OK, it does chuck you about "sideways" a bit, i.e. it is a bit of a thrasher, but there is no way I'd call it properly psychedelic. Maybe I didn't get the right pheno, but I did try a few. A friend grew them out, and on the basis of what I saw, I wouldn't bother.

OK and yieldy, yes, but proper trippy... nah...

@ Coosty Noob
Sounds like good weed you got there, my kinda smoke (well sometimes anyway)
what/where is BK?

bigherb

Veteran
CUSTY Noob

sooo the strains your saying

far more psychedelic

compared to MNS /tomhillhaze /uptowns hazes including FRANK thats a BIG claim

im very interested in the TASTE/AROMAS of these bagseed exotics you speak of,soo maybe we can hav an idea of which stock or country of origin they come from,
i think EFFECTS are subjective to the individual soo its not always my main interest

im from BK grew up on the uptown hazes countless varieties you might kno IME frankies is my grail soo your comparison makes this statement all more intriguing ,especially considering you might hav a few years on me since i started smokin in 98

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts