What's new

I want to grow "tripping weed" what should I get?

H

highsteppa

I'd look into some of ACE seed offerings too. The fact you don't want to hunt through 20+ plants is totally unreasonable, especially in light of what your asking for out of a strain...

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
johnny blaze from legends. original nevilles haze x original blueberry sativa. no need to say more, let the pics do the talking.

the most vigorous plant i've ever grown is this johnny blaze f2. needs 12-15 weeks of flowering though but that's how it is if you want quality mindbending sativa high.

now i've grown some plants and JB blows everything away. it's so good i dont even want to smoke it everyday. the HIGH comes on slow, the rising can last up to an hour. feels just a bit shroomy.

i have to say that i still haven't grown shantis hazebreeds but i'm sure they're just as good. it's just that i think a little bit of blueberry sativa makes everything better!

Gert Lush

Veteran
johnny blaze from legends. original nevilles haze x original blueberry sativa. no need to say more, let the pics do the talking.
[...]
now i've grown some plants and JB blows everything away. it's so good i dont even want to smoke it everyday. the HIGH comes on slow, the rising can last up to an hour. feels just a bit shroomy.

i have to say that i still haven't grown shantis hazebreeds but i'm sure they're just as good. it's just that i think a little bit of blueberry sativa makes everything better!

Good call, Suomi-Prkl, I think blue/haze crosses have a future.
A compratriot of yours first mentioned them to me a while back (hola herb!)
Hell, I've got one of my own lined up to start next month.... ;)

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
i've just had a run of strawberry diesel (f2 from ganesh).... man that's stuff is very psychedelic... very head high and trippy.... amazing high (and taste for that matter!)

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
i grew two phenos of rez's dsd and can't report it being trippy at all for me. nice yield and great taste but high was dull. maybe she needs more cure though.. i still got an oz or so curing for about 1,5 months now so i'm gonna have to wait and smoke her again.

this sour d pheno (?) was flowered for 12 weeks from the first pistils

oferpo

Reeferman cam3*c99
Reefeman willie nelson
Reeferman bodhi sativa
Ace thai*viatnam black
PNG 303(spice brothers)
Reeferman penom pen
afro peeps malawi gold

These are the trippiest ever !

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
My 2 cents also support pure Haze either from Tom Hill or Ace. gkn on the Ace site reports ethnogen like qualities from a well cured purple leaning Old Timer's Haze he grew. It will take some time and selection, but you could end up with a grail plant with some dedication into either Haze line.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UHN - good $0.02 :good: I agree with you. [Edit, I'm sure there was more yesterday?]

@BlueberryBaby, Tom's 5% doesn't say that up to 75% are still excellent smokes, an average THHaze is well above most other available lines.

1 in 20 sounds pretty poor but at least you know what your odds are, unlike all other seed Co's.
This elusive? pheno is possibly the ultimate Sativa high, and it is easily findable, I know of no other seed company offering anything close, and if there was it wouldn't be at $9 a seed, you can bet on that.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thanks for all the replies...

I've heard of Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, etc...what I was looking for was confirmation by actual growers of these strains.

Now, to answer your questions:

No, not Australian...this was NE NJ.

It was around that time, off and on throughout the 70s. And yes, I remember one time in 79, I was in College and got ahold of a QP. It went for $50 an oz...I got one free. It's like you described...VERY yellow...yellow construction paper yellow...and yes, sometimes leafy...but sometimes it was beautiful dense golden almost white nuggets. Fuck, why didn't I save seeds!

And yes...it was LSD you smoked. MANY...MANY people were afraid of it. I've got a buddy that probably still has a glass cigar tube full of it buried in his yard...he smoked it once and put it away. Fucker wouldn't give it up...I tried to get it for years!

That's what I want...smoke-able LSD. But I want it reliable...meaning potency is stable. I don't want to hunt through 20+ plants, I don't have the room. Unless those other 95% are much better than my latest strains...

I guess I'm tired of the ceiling I'm seeing. A few hits or a whole joint doesn't make much of a difference, I get the same buzz...and it's not good enough sometimes.

I want to plant a seed and get tripping weed...why is that so hard? Do I have to dedicate my life to recreating it?

Thanks again!
hey ibjammin .. we all want what you want , but its not easy to find let alone replicate and stabilise .. i grow hundreds of plants a year , on the odd year i find one like you decribe ,, theres often many years between finds ..
a side note ,, i live in the tropics ,, tropical plants wont fare as well when not grown in the tropics , making it even harder to find what you are looking for ..

bigherb

Veteran
Thanks for all the replies...

I've heard of Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, etc...what I was looking for was confirmation by actual growers of these strains.

Now, to answer your questions:

No, not Australian...this was NE NJ.

It was around that time, off and on throughout the 70s. And yes, I remember one time in 79, I was in College and got ahold of a QP. It went for $50 an oz...I got one free. It's like you described...VERY yellow...yellow construction paper yellow...and yes, sometimes leafy...but sometimes it was beautiful dense golden almost white nuggets. Fuck, why didn't I save seeds!

And yes...it was LSD you smoked. MANY...MANY people were afraid of it. I've got a buddy that probably still has a glass cigar tube full of it buried in his yard...he smoked it once and put it away. Fucker wouldn't give it up...I tried to get it for years!

That's what I want...smoke-able LSD. But I want it reliable...meaning potency is stable. I don't want to hunt through 20+ plants, I don't have the room. Unless those other 95% are much better than my latest strains...

I guess I'm tired of the ceiling I'm seeing. A few hits or a whole joint doesn't make much of a difference, I get the same buzz...and it's not good enough sometimes.

I want to plant a seed and get tripping weed...why is that so hard? Do I have to dedicate my life to recreating it?

Thanks again!

wow NJ intriguing ,please id lov to hear taste/aromas in detail to the best of your recollection
since im younger we get som nyc haze we call the goldens, its wat we would consider church ,som of the top notch haze in nyc,wit a definite incense trait

great advice

quoted Donald Mallard

a side note ,, i live in the tropics ,, tropical plants wont fare as well when not grown in the tropics , making it even harder to find what you are looking for

well ive actually grown nevilles haze ,while the pheno i grew out was not the trippiest shit ive smoked ,but som hav reported those effects, my world series sk/hz had one of my coz wired ,twisted out ,said he felt real trippy

your answer is too search for strains high in thvc like africans i believe ,s.east asian such as thai's ,also getting the desired effects will not be easily done without the proper environment as suggested in the post quoted above

its not soo hard but not soo simple either

somthin too ponder
ive asked a question i thought to be simple since ive been here who has smoked haze bros haze , ive gotten less than a handful of response to date ,i realized it wasnt soo simple wen tom hill said he hadnt experienced the haze bros haze of the 70's

quoted nirrity at the farm
Cambodian (Phnom Phen) from reef
PP 14 weeks average (extreme thai/haze phenos can go up to 16, cambodian phenos can be picked at 12)
PP is very trippy/electric/psychedelic

as hazy lady said even though the 5% isnt common pheno, tom haze lines seems to be in the realm of what your lookin for

hope i can help in any way and please try to recall the taste/aromas of the tripping weed

1luvbigherb

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Knife Hits immediately followed by a balloon full of Nitrous Oxide.

Wah, wah, wah, wah...

GONE!

=========================

Neville's Haze

or a Sat dominant Mango Haze.

The more I research the more I see these names.

Also, some folks really like a Sat dom Kali Mist

Another sleeper...

D

DonkDBZ

Arjans Ultra Haze #1

I grew a 5 pack of feminized seeds and this girl made me feel like I was on acid. Not very suprised to find Shantibaba Genetics in there: Neville’s Haze, Cambodian, Laos.

Trippiest weed I have have ever smoked....yes. Will I ever grow out a girl that takes over 16weeks to finish again. Hell No.

erbium

http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=25

I am tellin y'all, check out the La Nina. It is a different Haze parent than is used in Shanti's other 2 Hazes he uses in his hybrids. Read up on the La Niuna and El Nino comparison threads. The El Nino they sell now is an Indica dominant strain and in no way resembles the old one or the current La Nina. There are some super fast phenotypes in there too!.

The not so trippy phenotypes are still kick ass. It has the happiest most positive buzz I have ever felt. It took me 36 seeds to find one with all the desired effects, a good yield, reasonable flower period and easily managed size but I tell ya, it was worth every second I spent.

I have a Super Silver Haze cut that has been around since '94 and a great Mango Haze cut as well as some other Haze hybrids but none of them have a high like the LN.

I play music for a living and the boys are always requesting the LN and the SSH for tuning our heads up. The LN is the most frequently requested once they have met her.

Shadows play tricks with your head and you keep seeing shit out of the corner of your eyes. It is trippy but it doesn't come with the paranoia that is often associated with trippy Sativas.

Go to the Mr Nice home forums and read some of the La Nina threads and you will see how everyone who has tried it is blown away. La Nina is the most underrated strain I know of. It is top of the tops.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
modkv.jpg

(Destroyer x Kali Mist)

I call it a wrecking ball sativa