What's new

i want to do a 'mini stadium' with one 400W/600w and 6" white square pots.

Smoke68

I just had an idea digital! You could use Mylar, cut into 4 large triangles, and string it from just above the light, to black folder clips on each "tree"... Basically make a Mylar pyramid. IDK, I'm just rambling.
I think that is the only way, to use a light meter as you said... What did yours read? Also how did seed potting go?

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
wow this is a really great idea i like how efficient it seems to be i cant wait to see it all filled up and green ........ great work d. h.

Moleculist

I just saw what you did with that shed you had, and my god that was impressive.

I really, really want to see what magic you can get out of this now. :rasta:

V

vhGhost

Great Job well thought out.... i'll keep my eye on this thread ... maybe i'll retro-fit my 2000w vertical to something like this!

blackone

Veteran
Oh yeah :) Let's see some growth in there - this is gonna be good. The needed 7.14 g/plant to reach 1g/W shouldn't be too hard to get once you get this running with all females of similar stretch- you definitely have enough soil for that.

Last edited:
G

guest5703

Awesome Digi, so happy to see new things coming from IC!!! This really took some thinking and I give you mad props, the watering seems pretty cool to me I just hope those other sides hold up when all getting watered, very sweet design though!

It's cool to see everyone contributing to this thread trying to come up with new ideas as well, it's keepin us on our toes!!! Can't wait to see the results of this Digi, hope everything works out I will be coming for sure!! PEACE

Moleculist

I wonder how using an old hot tub would work if you put 2 2kw HPS in cooltubes in the center and stadium rows of plants.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
so a solution for the eye screws and the issue of having to lower one side at a time....

if you do a 1.1 version, put small eye screws on the backs of the top instead of the side like they are now. Then you can get one long (100lb test?) wire/cable and string it through all the holes, clamped with a climbing clamp or something where the wires meet. when you wanted to lower it, you could just slowly release the clamp and all 4 sides would go down at once.

trying a quick picture......

so this is how you have it....

O-IIIIIIIIIIIII-O

and this is what I'm saying

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
O----------O

and string wire through the sockets.

not sure if that cleared it up or made it worse

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
shelves with 2x6 metal studs to set pots in and catch the run off and drain into a rez would be much better. no angled pots and no mess and reuse the run off

G

guest5703

Yoooo Digi, am I gonna have to get on you about updating......lol just messing with ya, but it's been about a half month since I commented so I'm sure your ladies are super banging right now, or they weighed down the structure and you had to rebuild. haha Let's see those girls!

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
caligreen said:
Yoooo Digi, am I gonna have to get on you about updating......lol just messing with ya, but it's been about a half month since I commented so I'm sure your ladies are super banging right now, or they weighed down the structure and you had to rebuild. haha Let's see those girls!
girls? oh sorry, i laged and shit...
i transplanted 1/2 the pots with seeds that had poped, but non sprouted. i had some water issues, dam near alot of them. one of them being i had let the soil dry out, so the water kept going down the edges, and the other was when it left the pots it just fell onto the floor... so i had to get some poly and fix the leaks. i put new seeds in 2 days ago, and have been keeping the soil super-moist so hopefuly the second volly of seeds will go well. 1/2 is the fem seed i made, and the other 2 panels are mixes of different OG's and Og BX's i had aswellas variouse 'miscalaniouse' seed i wanted to 'get out of the way'...
the poly.

now that i got the soil to hold water again, im suprised how stable it is, near-sideways while being sprayed with water.

i re-enforced the sides with some heavy chain, and eye-bolts i have bolted on the other side. its super-heavy with water. the eye-hooks on the corners hold the back while i have a side down to play.
23443DSC01233.JPG

23443DSC01232.JPG

TBH ive been watering it without taking the sides-down just a spritz with my wand.

should have somthing sprout in the next couple days.
should i upgrade my bulb to a cmh would that promote female-ism?

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
THoC said:
NIce Job DH! Excellent ideas.
Are those pots cable tied to their rails?

good growing!
the lip of the pot is ontop of the 2x2's crossing the middle, hope that makes sence. i.e. the opening is smaller then the pot so it dosent slip-through.