What's new

i want to do a 'mini stadium' with one 400W/600w and 6" white square pots.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
anyone have any ideas?
im worried about the pots being sideways and soil spilling everywhere.
also worried about gravity and 1/2 soil being wet and other 1/2 crusted dry...
i dont care about numbers... ill take enough clones to make it work.

these r the pots in working with..

I don't think the pots need to be sideways. You could just tilt them at a 45* angle. Or raise and stagger them. Like a stairway, I think that is what wantaknow is talking about but I haven't seen his thread.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
MaryUWannaPixie said:
I don't think the pots need to be sideways. You could just tilt them at a 45* angle. Or raise and stagger them. Like a stairway, I think that is what wantaknow is talking about but I haven't seen his thread.
exactly 45* ....
im working on a system...ill be like a dish in the middle...

im going to make a square base in the middle to put a hinge on, ill have 4 of these triangles.. and ill use hooks to hold them at the top so i can lay them flat to trim and water, and work. then titlt back up to grow...
im taking clones for this today....

good idea man!

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Yeah this is definetly interesting. I wish I had the room to grow all those plants.
Lets see some growth. Woot Woot

B

Bigtimer7

ya thats sweet dude... lets see this sucker running.... i wanna see how you hinge it up.. sounds cool! Good job nice inovation

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
LiLWaynE said:
interesting
this is now getting intresting...

23443DSC00908.JPG

23443DSC00909.JPG

23443DSC00910.JPG

23443DSC00911.JPG

looking good. im getting another set of 4 hinges, ill put 2 hinges on each panel on the corners, the bottom beam is torquing sideways...
FYI took 6-7 2x2x10 boards to put this together. so 15$.. another 20$ in screws, hinges, and eyehooks, its looking like a cheap project. expensive part was the white square pots i already have. this frame holds 52 plants for a super-mini scrog... not too many numbers, but it should max-out the potential of a single 400W. upgrading to a 600W is possible if the plants allow for such things.

Last edited:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
no replies yet huh?

ok maybe u need some more pics.

23443DSC00912.JPG

23443DSC00913.JPG

fan ill use in middle and the upgrade to double hinges. i need to wait a few hours to lights on to install it. im going to do 12/12 from seed.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Cool idea indeed. Your wooden mechanism to hold the containers is a pretty nice looking one. Best of luck

-Funk

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting is right DH

interesting is right DH

23443DSC00909.JPG

good idea overall. If it were my invention, i would have made that middle square a little bit bigger to prevent light burnage- 12/12 from seed isnt a bad idea though and might work. Are you using a cool tube? A cool tube almost seems extremely necessary for this task, since your plants are clearly going to be filling that pyramid up...

also, what about the run-off? you should implement some sort of plastic "water slide" that sits behind/underneath the pots and drains into a rubbermaid..

I like how you have the hooks on it so you can open it up if/when need be..

all in all, good thinking. you are a true thinker -

once you perfect it, file for a patent and take out some ads in high times and slang the damn thang, or go the risky route and make and sell them on ebay without a patent... until then, let that mind flow ... :rasta:

Last edited:
C

CheifnBud2

Angle is a little extreme, i guess your gonna lay them flat every time you water them. Even then the water will travel downwards despite the orientation of the pots.

Smoke68

Interesting Ineed

Interesting Ineed

DIGITALHIPPY said:
no replies yet huh?

ok maybe u need some more pics.

23443DSC00912.JPG

23443DSC00913.JPG

fan ill use in middle and the upgrade to double hinges. i need to wait a few hours to lights on to install it. im going to do 12/12 from seed.
thanks for the pics!
That's one of the more interesting fans I have seen used on a grow! I am assuming that this is to be at the bottom of the inverted pyramid. Are you possibly going to be making this into a cool tube of sorts?
One thing to consider if you have not already; how much straight pull will the hinges at the top of each inverted triangle take? You have to imagine that each pot will weigh around ¿2.5-3.5? pounds depending on medium used and size of plant. At ¿14? plants per tri, and each at 3 pounds, there is 42 pounds on each tri, all at a cool 45*, also pulling 90* away from the epicenter. It would seem that the latches should be adequate, but once again, a small oversight could be detrimental. You don't want a $1 piece to be the demise of a grow :cuss:
What size/type of lighting?
Soil or coco?
So can you give any more specs on the grow idea?
Peace!
Smoke68

tngreen

Veteran
very inventive DH! ive been designing a very similar setup for the new cab and can't decide on a layout. too many options! i like this though, it will give me some new angles to think about. not sure if i missed it but how far away would the pots be from the light? doesn't a 400w need to be something like 20 or so cm away from the plants? keep us updated for sure!