What's new

i want to do a 'mini stadium' with one 400W/600w and 6" white square pots.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Bubble Puppy said:
Can't wait to see you fire that bitch up,"im waiting with anticipation"

me either man! thanks! been working hard at it.

seeds.

Germanator said:
What's good DH? Wow! If moving into a new spot and popping beans like Jack on an amphetamine binge you go and construct this beast? Got to say its pretty awesome.

I'll be sitting back puffing heavy watching you refine and do your thing... Keep this one going, it looks good so far.

Be easy
Germ

threw some dirt in to see how the weight affects it.
going to need to work on a way to bettwer latch the edges.
maybe a cross brace at the bottom like a table, and it should be fin.

you can see the limited space this thing fits in. not alot of space for 52 plants. probably a big loss since im starting seed %50 males?

B

buzzed day

looks interesting,i hope you don't have to lower each side every time to get a good watering but that shouldn't be to hard.i'm looking forward to seeing how it works out.thanks for the show and have a buzzed day.peace

blackone

Veteran
This is truely interesting:)
It's going to be a challenge to make this work from seed - clones would be a lot easier I think. Definitely subscribed here:)

NorCal

Veteran
very nice woodwork there

i am running a "mini" stadium setup w/ 2 vert cooltubes
i recently switched my lights to horizontal though as i like the results better because in my setup i was losing alot of light w/ the vert bulbs
ill def be watching this growshow

i basically used cinderblocks and some shoe shelves bought at target

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I'll be keepin my eye on this one. Like the idea of the set up, can't wait to see how it goes. Good Luck

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
blackone said:
This is truely interesting:)
It's going to be a challenge to make this work from seed - clones would be a lot easier I think. Definitely subscribed here:)
yea thats what i thogught, i took like 80 clones for the project a while ago, but had an issue and hey all died.
these seeds should actuay be FEM. i made some silver collide soluton and reversed a banch to male flowr and polinated one arm ofmy OG mother. so ive got about 150 beans..

Last edited:

THCforus

anyone who puts that much time and such a creative approach into a grow system should succeed in the end. (IMO)
I really hope this works out for ya, dude. I know ill be watching. Good luck and much props
THC

blackone

Veteran
Fem seeds are a slightly different case indeed:) OG is pure indica right? In that case you'll probably get plants with a similar stretch. I'm wondering if it's perhaps a little leafy for such a high plant density? Then again I've only seen pics of that strain.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
blackone said:
Fem seeds are a slightly different case indeed:) OG is pure indica right? In that case you'll probably get plants with a similar stretch. I'm wondering if it's perhaps a little leafy for such a high plant density? Then again I've only seen pics of that strain.
my og is a bit hybredized, although ive been trying to bx the sativa the hell out of it, id day its between 75%-90% indica.

im hoping to have plants smaller then 18" when there ready to harv.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
cocktail frank said:
great idea, but i wouldnt bank on it.

i have $10 that says it topples over :D
the base is way to small compared to the area the top takes.
only slight chance youll have would be to keep exactly evenly distributed weights thruout your four sides.
but you plan on opening them one by one to water.
added stress on the other 3 sides, walla, big mess!

not to mention you didnt predrill your holes w/ the drywall screws.
you cracked the 2"x2"'s thus weakening the structure even further.
didnt mean to piss on your parade, just trying to help.
good idea about the bottom.
23443DSC00996.JPG

23443DSC00997.JPG

im going to add this under there. should finish it up tonight. got the last 2 hinges. the bottom is 5'x5' the same width as the widest points on top. left a few inches to cut off incease space is an issue, i wont need to redrill wheels.
i can jump on it[169lbs] so it should hold just fine

im adding another 30 to my total budget for this because of the cross,wheels and extra timbers, 3 dollar 2x4 4 additional hinges etc. im glad i had screws already, there like 6 dollars a box... :badday:

the cracks in the 2x2's are irrelivant, hardly affects integrity. looks dirty, but remains functional. the weight is way less then your imagining. still a few lbs though, no doubt.

Last edited:

Smoke68

The $30 will soon pay off itself.
Great idea with the rollers, It's wide platform should move that stadium where you want it.
So are the 52 seeds that you are germinating the Female OG offspring or are these another strain?
Peace,
Smoke68

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Smoke68 said:
The $30 will soon pay off itself.
Great idea with the rollers, It's wide platform should move that stadium where you want it.
So are the 52 seeds that you are germinating the Female OG offspring or are these another strain?
Peace,
Smoke68
the OG's were the only plants i had old enough to do that kind of experementing with, ill try it with my new strains when i get a mother down for them.

ok so i put some 'hours in at the office' and finished up the mobile stadium.
got the 400W hps hanging.
23443DSC00998.JPG

23443DSC01000.JPG

23443DSC01001.JPG

23443DSC01002.JPG

23443DSC01003.JPG

23443DSC01007.JPG

that dirt all over the floor is going and ill be putting a tarp down to catch the feed drip. most all the seeds got root and ill be planting tommorow night.

Last edited:

Smoke68

Loaded and ready to plant I see!!!
I may have a suggestion for ya about the light... It seems the reflector is blocking out some of the upper level lighting, would it be better to use a bare bulb with no reflector? I am in no way knocking you, I just want to see you get every oz possible.
Looking good and keep up the handywork!

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Smoke68 said:
Loaded and ready to plant I see!!!
I may have a suggestion for ya about the light... It seems the reflector is blocking out some of the upper level lighting, would it be better to use a bare bulb with no reflector? I am in no way knocking you, I just want to see you get every oz possible.
Looking good and keep up the handywork!
if i need to. i think this reflector will work, but im going to play with the lumin-meter and see what give the best light. seeds going in tonight. :bashhead:

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DIGITALHIPPY again.
looks great.. the new base looks much better. good stuff. im impressed. now get some plants in there!

C

CheifnBud2

If I had that set-up, I would drop the light down another 6-8 inches and add a couple links of chain between each set of pots so that the angle isnt so steep.

It will help the roots have more space, and the water wont fall to the side of the pot.

Just my .02

tngreen

Veteran
very nice man, can't wait to see it full of plants. great job! i do agree with Cheifnbud2 though, lessening the angle would help when watering to give more even distribution.