What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I started a 30 day smoke break 3 days ago.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'll do a 2 weeks break just before my outdoor harvest this year.. I haven't missed more than 10 days (counted together not in a row) in the last year.. :wallbash:

Good luck! :wave:

Last edited:
S

silent_lemon

on a quick tangent...anyone know the scientific reason for our inability to become receptive to the more prominent/abnormal affects of MJ over time? considering im not the only one to say it, i doubt the munchies or sleepiness ever go away, but the high..?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
dammm this is harder than I first thought. I am still bitchin at everyone 10-20% every day.
I am trying not to be so dam bitchy but its hard not to. every thing keeps getting on my nerves.

like to day. I almost gave my neighbor a knuckle sandwich to there mouth over stupid sheet. so insted I went inside to play GTA4 and that helped a whole lot.

but I am proud to say that its day 8 days of no smoking or drinking. yea.
but I still have around 22 days left of my 30 day smoke break.

also I have good amount of bud drying in my room. some of its dryed and now curing. so that makes it even harder for me.
and my friends wanna come over to chill but I have to say no cuz all they wanna do is toke up after work.
and if I were to chill wit em I might just give in to the urg to smoke and I really wanna succeed at this.

working out helps wit the cravings some also.

well I guess thats it fo now. stay safe and cool everyone.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
The longer you go the higher you will get and the longer it will take to build tolerance again.

Good Luck man... bitching is ok i bitch all the time... and im high...

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Stay at it #1CB, you can make it.

I've smoked every day that I can remember for almost as long as I can remember. Except for 30 days last August, had a UA comming up.

Tough at first, but once the habit was broken it was no sweat. Not fun, but no sweat.

It brought some balance back to my life, and smoking became much more enjoyable again.

Keep it up until you get what you need from the break.:2cents:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
well over a month for me. I'm doing it for the wrong reason, though. Doing it for a girl. But whatever, i realize now i didn't need weed at all. It is a medicine for me, but it was becoming a crutch, with the medicinal aspects as an excuse. Now i know i don't depend on it to feel happy.
I'm interested in getting more of your perspective. I had quite smoking for years, then tried some again and realized something- it decreased my symptoms of depression and made me less irritable(another symptom of depression). It's actually great medicine because I also eat less being depressed and MJ helps with that. The beauty is that I don't have to get "stoned" to have a real positive effect.

Let me give you another example of how it helps. If I go out to play poker with people and have not smoked I find it very difficult to sit and actually enjoy being around people- I'm just not having any fun. When I smoke just a pinch and go I'm happy, not restless, and in the moment. I make jokes and have fun and smile. I also don't get annoyed and 'pissed' at the stupid things people do personally and by the way they play the game. Now it may sound like I'm just an asshole and pot takes some of that away but MJ has a scientific effect on one's physiology and brain chemistry releasing or blocking the non-release of our own essential neurotransmitters. I think the release or effect on dopamine is paramount to me, not to mention when I come down(not that I'm ever really 'high') I feel a deep and blissful peace which I never feel left to my brain's own devices. I don't smoke every day and try to limit to around four times a week but this is still probably a gram a week max... not much huh?

So even if I did have a gf she would likely find me a lot more fun and she would be with a person who is 'flawed' but personally a lot happier a guy because I did consume a little MJ now and then. And to be honest, even if I found a great girl, life would still be better for me if I did smoke now and then... and don't even get me started on how much better sexxx is with MJ.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Stay at it #1CB, you can make it.

I've smoked every day that I can remember for almost as long as I can remember. Except for 30 days last August, had a UA comming up.

Tough at first, but once the habit was broken it was no sweat. Not fun, but no sweat.

It brought some balance back to my life, and smoking became much more enjoyable again.

Keep it up until you get what you need from the break.:2cents:

thx fo stopin and for ur :2cents: dude.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
OK so IM still fmoke free. buds still curing.

new problem is that this weekend my mom wants to go to this big camping trip thet her hippy Highschool friends throws every year. they smoke a boatload of bud every time and party hard.

but I'll only be 19 days into my 30 day smoke break. should I give in and smoke or just get drunk?

by the way my mom has no idea that I took a smoke break at all.
and we hang out 2-3 times a week.
I wanted to suprize her with my 30 day smoke break on day 30 to show her that I could really do it with out her even knowing about it.

she has alwas said that I couldn't do it even for 1 day.

she only smokes on special occasions like christmas, halloween and other holidays and camping trips like this one.

this will be my 4th year going to this thing.

what would u do if u were in my situation? say fuckit and smoke or just drink beer/wine.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
Today I started a break, from weed and alcohol

Trying to succeed my last year of school

I wore my hotel california shirt today to start well

you know its so easy to smoke, but I just can't let smoke interfere with my brain

plus long time since I haven't lived without

good luck everyone that's sharing this break

I think you should go ahead and smoke on the camping trip. 19 days is pretty good. If you wanted to you could go ahead and finish out your 30 days smoke free after the trip.

keke.nz

I am thinking of having a break but i live with 5 other people that smoke and we have buds all the time so I don't think it would work unless I reallyyyy wanted to do it... I smoke maybe 7 cones after work depending.
For your question...Its a hard one... Hmmm, If I were you I'd probably just smoke and say fukit, itis an occasion that comes once a year... But up to you. Just my opinion.

Good luck.

Peace keke

I

icmag.is.#1

Well it wouldnt be much of a hippy camping trip if you didnt indulge.

Question is can you have fun with a bunch of hippies in the woods with out toking? Im gonna guess that it wouldnt be much fun at all.

AND its one of the few times of the year you actually get to toke with your mother you better take advantage of it while you can in case anything happens to mom and you cant smoke with her anymore

Mycro

Well it wouldnt be much of a hippy camping trip if you didnt indulge.

Question is can you have fun with a bunch of hippies in the woods with out toking? Im gonna guess that it wouldnt be much fun at all.

AND its one of the few times of the year you actually get to toke with your mother you better take advantage of it while you can in case anything happens to mom and you cant smoke with her anymore

Ya, take advantage of smoking with Mom, thats so cool lol

Latest posts

Latest posts