What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I started a 30 day smoke break 3 days ago.

TacoSusio

Define_Quitter-uwlzzz-d.jpg

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Damn, I haven't taken more than a few days off (usually due to a cold) in like 5-6 years, smoking at least every night. Just becomes such a habit, sitting on the couch after work, watching Family Guy or something with my wife and roommate, the pipe gets packed and passed, I just do it without even thinking about it most of the time. Becomes a second nature.

Hey bro, Im with ya. I'm on day 27ish, trying to get clean for a UA I have to take for work...just tested myself yesterday and still pissin durrrty :mad:...I have til Oct 10 to take the test so I should be good to go...

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Good luck man, it shouldn't be very hard.
I know what you mean about not getting as high anymore..
The best of the best will only get me a little high for maybe 15 mins..
Tolerance breaks are great. And then the first few time you smoke it will kick ass.
Music will sound great and you will really enjoy it. I smoke for the taste mostly its about time for me to take break.

AllStar

good luck cheesebuds! and thanks for the motivation, im sure a lot of us need the break too. i cant eat and everything pisses me off the first few days i quit so my secret is a 2-3 day camping trip with some beer, just a lil tip for others.

burnedout

well over a month for me. I'm doing it for the wrong reason, though. Doing it for a girl. But whatever, i realize now i didn't need weed at all. It is a medicine for me, but it was becoming a crutch, with the medicinal aspects as an excuse. Now i know i don't depend on it to feel happy.

Heard that.

G

guest3901

im on day 12 with no smoke...i miss the flavor more then anything.ok and the effect.
im starting to have freakin crazy dreams to.

good luck.

poina

Piece of cake man! It's all in the head- stay strong, do strength exercises 3 times a week along with the run. You will get to the point when you miss a day the guilt will come. It's been 6 months for me, I miss the high but I am the one in control LOL!

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
It only takes 3 weeks to get back the high you miss... You can chop of a week if you want.

(somebody's gotta play the devil)

((but really... good luck... I need a break too))

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow 3 pages already.
Thanks for all the wonderful insite u guys and gals.

love u all. and I will still try very hard to stay strong with this.
and I am about to go and do a good workout. and am gunna go to the gym 5 days a week.

well stay tuned to watch my progress. laters.

Good luck Cheesebuds!

Your harvest will be nice and tasty when you reach your 30 days, it will be a wonderful reward.

By the way everyone...Cheesebuds is a lady! :wave: :)

Marcellas

Veteran
I'm 2 days short of going 4 months without smokin.. Longest break I've taken since I started. Not by my own will though (well I guess it was). I got into some legal issues that some of you might've read about and got put on drug court, failed my first drug test and the judge sent me to county jail for 3 weeks. That was a lesson enough to teach me I should quit smoking for awhile.

I had crazy dreams the first few weeks in jail, still have dreams about smoking up sometimes. But I'm finding other things to do (like drink) and it keeps my mind off it. I can't blaze for at least another year :(

ddrew

Veteran
If I go more then 3 weeks straight without smoking it always turns into a long term break, months or more, it's just getting past the first few weeks, then I almost lose the desire.
But you know, I always find that desire again sooner or later, lol.

Hella THC

By the way everyone...Cheesebuds is a lady!
Haha, I'm sure I've fucked this up before when talking to Cheesebuds... honestly though, I'm a huge stoner, and I call everyone "man" or dude"... I just can't help it, man ;)

Hey man, props for the smoke-free month.

I am starting today. Next bud i'll be smoking is my own ;) (first time grow)

I have done it before, stopped eating much, got real aggy with everyone sometimes, stressed myself over little things, could NOT stop thinking about smoking. I stare at ciggarettes as if im about to rape it. I would build up hate towards things so much, i pulled a sicky from work once because of it. Pretty loose.

Peace.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yah I call everyone dude also.

So I came up with this to help keep track of my progress. this calendar kicks ass.so many beautiful buds. yummy yumm.
In 15 minuts it will be the start of day 6 with out smoking, eating, or drinking any buds at all. :woohoo: