What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I started a 30 day smoke break 3 days ago.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey #1. Just checking in on ya, wanna make sure you haven't smashed the bathroom mirror or anything. Just kidding. Are ya having the crazy dreams yet? Not nightmares, just crazy, weird stuff.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Hey #1. Just checking in on ya, wanna make sure you haven't smashed the bathroom mirror or anything. Just kidding. Are ya having the crazy dreams yet? Not nightmares, just crazy, weird stuff.

I do miss Dreaming.. i know when i stopped smoking for a few weeks i get full on crazy mind bending dreams.

I used to increase my cigarette smoking as well at least twice what i normally smoked... so glad i kicked that habit..

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck to you, you fellas are amazing, If I had to stop I could not come here, sheer torture!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yah I am having the crazy dreams.

lastnight I dreamed that I was at a bar playing pool but the pool balls were made out of ppls eyes and the bar was passing out free wine but it looked and tasted like blood.
and everyone was wearing the opposite clothing and the pool sticks were made out of dryed pig guts.
and the only music that was playing on the jukebox was nursery rhymes.

I woke up at around 6am and felt wierded out so I had to go and make a big old fashion style breakfest. ya know eggs biscuits hashbrowns all the works.

the rest of the day was great.
:yeahthats

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I hear you remember the dreams when your sleeping soundest. Sounds weird but so are the dreams when you quit smoking.:D

G

guest3901

yah I am having the crazy dreams.

lastnight I dreamed that I was at a bar playing pool but the pool balls were made out of ppls eyes and the bar was passing out free wine but it looked and tasted like blood.
and everyone was wearing the opposite clothing and the pool sticks were made out of dryed pig guts.
and the only music that was playing on the jukebox was nursery rhymes.

I woke up at around 6am and felt wierded out so I had to go and make a big old fashion style breakfest. ya know eggs biscuits hashbrowns all the works.

the rest of the day was great.
:yeahthats
glad to see your still with us..lol...
your having the strange dreams to i see....

i had one the other night...i had laser beams shooting out of my feet...blowing shit up.cant remember the rest.
looking forward to tonight's wacky visions.:abduct:

M

mrdizzle

man i quit once for three months for a job that did a hair test, but really i would take a hit every 3weeks so it kept me sane. I remember after the drug test I went back the hotelroom and ripped a bongload. man I was geekin out, got so high I hated it, felt dirty. haha I understand why people who dont smoke everyday dont like it. it fuuucks you up. but Ive blazed everyday for about 12yrs. I would love to take a break, get to know a sober self. its hard but def on the book in the future

S

silent_lemon

i just started a probable 30day hiatus too.. i am more restless at night in trying to get to sleep. IT"S ALREADY 4 AM!!!!!!!!!!!fack me, it's a double whammy when i already have issues getting to sleep, and without the herb...well, check the time of my post.

im off to try again, pos vibes for ya homeslice, hope it isnt too tough on you, ive been smoking a few years now, but totally every day for the last 1-2 years...im actually finding it not that bad, other than the increase in backpain without the proper medication:joint:

ninjaedit - i too find i cant get as high anymore, super tolerant, except to exuberant boat loads of chronic smoked hour after hour, who can take that? everyone gets fricken ripppppzored. Tolerant like it feels normal when im high, it's not a good thing......

THC123

Veteran
hey cheesey

kudos on the break , you can do it , it's easy;)

I also had a month break and have been vaping again for a week now and from today on i am quitting again for a few weeks.

After the hell of quitting tobacco , not vaping weed is real easy.

I can say though that after that month , half a joint will bring you in another dimension. hehehehe

-~Wind Walker~-

32 days today for me

32 days today for me

I had to go on a road trip 32 days ago & I have been back in town for over a week now.

I am looking for a job and will probably need to at least take a UA for employment. I have not smoked so my pee is hopefully clean. A year ago I was looking for work and even after a month my piss was still dirty. But this time around I haven't had access to quality kind bud and we'll see this time around if things are different.

I have experienced the weird dreams, trouble sleeping and being irritable and grouchy. After about 2 weeks my irritability has gone away but I still have difficulty getting to sleep and staying asleep and I still get the bizzare dreams (though I would like to shoot some laser beams from my feet).

I went and bought some Everclear (95% alcohol by volume) and have been drinking that on occasion and it seems to help me keep the urges to smoke down.

Although I LOVE to smoke I think going forward I am going to reduce my smoking to twice a month or once a week and eat it much more instead. My lungs have been taking a beating.

I wish you the best of success.

-~WW~-

People, just have to say. Reading this thread and seeing that other people are holdin back from the herb, it's helping me man! :woohoo:

Hey cheesebuds, look up "lucid dreaming" pretty cool stuff.

I also cant sleep until about 4am, caught myself doing some weights at two in the morning.

My friend just bought some big buddha blue cheese round...I think i may have to ask him to leave.

TacoSusio

Destroying your livers with alcohol so you can save your lungs doesn't make much sense to me... Why not switch to edibles?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Moderation is key. IMO, a little bit of alcohol is good for ya. Edibles are great but it's hard to gauge the dosage. Go over the edge and it's like a nauseating, sleeping pill stone.

Does anybody here vape? I read somewhere if you love bong hits you won't like a vape. Any thoughts?

MrMcBean

Oh fun quitting time :D I wish you the best of luck with this!! I quit smoking back when i was drafted into the military.. It was an insane time with the pressure of bootcamp and the turkey of weed AND nicotine because they only let us smoke 1 or 2 cigs a day.

I got kicked out of the military after i failed a drug test 2 weeks in.. Even though I was out they still took my blood a week later to see if I had toked again.. because i was enlisted for at least 30 days (you get paid 150 a months or so..)

Hard times. Now i toke on and off taking constant breaks.. seems to suck every time. I just dont want to have to experience it as bad again as back then.

Take care of yourself.. seems like your already doing a pretty good job of that,,

peace

dragongrower

good for you, to make a break... Doing the weed all the time is no good. Its like eating at McDonalds every day also bad. Og drinking 5 beers every day.. its all good in modesty.. :)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Sleep deprivation?
Appetite Loss?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Sleep deprivation?
Appetite Loss?

Inquiring minds want to know.
NEVER Owned or Even Managed a Business? NEVER Governed a State? NEVER been Mayor of a City? NEVER Served as a Judge or Ambassador? NEVER Served in the Military? or NEVER Balanced a Single Fiscal Budget?

OBAMA!

Yet he (and the drooling biased media) convinced a majority of voters that he is somehow “magically qualified” to run the most influential, prosperous nation in the history of the world! No wonder he had already written TWO autobiographies at age 46 – after accomplishing next to NOTHING. The man’s ego is almost as big as the deficit he has created.

Obama is the least experienced, least qualified, most liberal, narcissistic egomaniac to ever be president. He was a junior senator for 147 days before being elected leader of the the free world! He is a political HACK spawned from the notoriously corrupt Chicago political machine. He obviously has NO CLUE what he is doing, and the failure of his policies only proves that with every passing day!

Get off this thread, douche nozzle. And sore loser, lol.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I also quit the alcohol fo a month also and I have never smoke sigs eather.
and when I was drinking alcohol it was only on the weekends.

agen big thanks for all the great support my canna ppls.