What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
My first computer was a Commodore 64 with cassette tape, my second computer was an Apple II with a pair of 5 1/4" floppy disks, and my third computer was an IBM CP/M operating system that had both 5 1/4" and 8" floppy disk drives...and I was styling!

Has anyone beside me--wrote machine-code programming for 8088 microprocessors?
I wired unit record machine program boards... does that count?

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
I had an apple II e with the dual disk drives.
Used apple basic with it.
Made me feel much better about amiga.

Gry

Veteran
The blessings of a solid operating system,
are best appreciated by those who worked on machines
with out one.

Gry

Veteran
In 1962 I was living with my grandparents in a place called port manfield. Was on the coast of texas 2nd port up from mexico.
Next door neighbor bought a jeep out of the back of a comic book. Came in several wooden crates packed in cosmoline.
Their pop had an airboat, and they were able to get jeep on the airboat and took it over to padre island where it sat by the jetty with a set of keys.
Any one who took over gas could use it.
Was neat as can be, and was there for a few years before being washed away by a hurricane.
The stuff that came from the backs of comic books led to the stuff that came from the back of high times further on down the road.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I remember Dan Gurney. Died Jan 14, 2018 at age 86.

One of the best race car drivers in the world. RIP

EDIT: he won the first Cannonball Rally 1971 :D...(with Brock Yates, just for the hell of it; no money)

Gry

Veteran
His off-the-cuff dousing of his team when he won Le Mans in 1967 (alongside AJ Foyt) introduced the now obligatory champagne spray to race podiums.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
i remember when we would play husker du...
8941864e94b31dccf62694b553264df2.jpg

Andyo

Veteran
learning to walk properly aged 60

learning to walk properly aged 60

Recently i tore the fat pad on my right heel by landing on a sharp rock
It needs to be rested to repair its self
Well fuk that im not stopping my fitness regime.
So i thought id walk on the outside of my foot.
Ive allways been a one for noticing detail so i noticed ages ago my right calf didnt have such a prominent fibularis longus
I know realise that due to a hip injury 45 years ago i have been walking more on the inside of my right foot, now my right fibularis longus is getting worked more n aches good,love the pain!
I looked at my soles of my footwear yep can see the wear is different.

walk straight n stand tall.A

Last edited:
M

moose eater

I remember when I could better remember when... It gets spottier by the week now.

rod may be right; soon I'll need to wear a name tag with my address on it.

The indignity of it all.

N

noyd666

when I did not get up 4 or more times a night fer a piss,fuck's the sleep pattern right up.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I can relate to that Swamp Thang, and also the memory of stacking 300 kilos on a leg press that the adrenaline got me to push a rep-too-far in the early 90's, which led to a slipped disc.....which I can still feel today.....lol

*I'm not doing this 'getting old' thing gracefully...

I remember when stacking up a bench press flooded me with adrenaline. Now it hurts just to think about it.

M

moose eater

I remember when life incorporated way more sense of magic and hopefulness with the belief that nearly all things were possible, and everything was a potential mystery to be examined.

Latest posts

Latest posts