What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yup, i remember when we all discussed weed and off-the-wall stoner thoughts...

Not becoming enemies with each other by arguing over politics...

I can't control the shit that happens in D.C., and all the political B.S. in every state and county office of this country..

I've always preferred living my life, enjoying my friends company, getting my work done, and having a pleasant time..

you don't have to become enemies because you disagree politically ...at least, you didn't used to have to. and it was true in DC as well. our elected "leaders" then , while of different philosophies, knew each other, they went out to eat with their families together, they were able to compromise and work together (allegedly for OUR benefit) to make shit happen. it has gradually turned into a bloodsport in which the loser must die, and no compromise is possible. as far as on here goes, i have no problem "liking" a post in which someone whom i am at odds with politically makes a good point or comes up with a proposal that has merit. if you are right, you are right, regardless of my opinion of your politics, lol. i try hard not to lug the mud from the political threads into the rest of the world. i probably fail now & then like most folks...

Blue Rhino

lmao pagers

i remember pre pagers pre metric (lol fuck you grams of pot) back to the days of walking uptown (by teh train station a strip of stores) and scoring weed regularly.

four finger lids, 20 fat fat joints ment the count was fair, 20 bucks was norm

10$ on fridays would get a bag of mother fucking 8th "feet weed", smelled rank as fuck, made your brain feel like had a band on it

then one day, i remember so distinctly close to 30 years later, I asked dude I was cool for and had not seen in a while for a 10$ bag

he came back with a scrap,said it was really good

it was a gram

that was the start of higher grade for alot more money

it was good but i remember more the loss of those good imports than the weed i got that day

somewhere between the 70's n 80's
Yep, growing up in a border city that was also a port city I ran across a lot of imports. My buddy and I would pack up a lb or two and drive it to Montreal where we could make an even trade for hash. Montreal was awash in hash in those days but weed was kind'a scarce, while it was the opposite where I lived.
Some of those imports were freakin' amazing.

Cuddles

I remember that. I grew up in Montreal in the 70’s, weed was extremely rare but any hash you could think of was readily available. When I moved to Toronto it was the opposite, lots of weed and hash was rare. The good old days.
I had the same experience in London. It was really difficult to get hold of weed. Usually it was hash, which of course cost extra too. Trouble is, I never needed much at all to get an effect .
If I wanted bud in say late november or later? NO chance! The answer was: wrong time of year :) The growers just turned the weed they had into hash and let´s face it - it requires far less storage space, lol

brickweeder

Remember caps and cap guns? I used to buy the boxes of 5 cap rolls for a dime at the corner liquor store...those days are long gone. Used to take a whole roll, balance it like a wheel on the driveway, then slam it with a hammer...banged like a firecracker. Too bad kids these days wouldn't know what they are looking at if they happen to see a roll of caps.

Last edited:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I remember going to the barber shop when I was a kid and there were those old style rubber tire ash trays and copies of Field and Stream, Life, Popular mechanics and Argosy magazines on the tables.

Cuddles

I remember when paint used to smell like it is suppose to: like f*cking PAINT!
When I moved into my current flat the wall paint had no smell whatsoever. So when I walked in the following day I couldn´t tell I´d done any decorating at all. Really pissed me of. Because I love the smell of paint anyway but when you´re painting your walls I think it needs to smell like you´ve painted them too. It´s like: New paint - a new, fresh start.

When I needed to paint something else in the flat some time later, I went to the store and deliberately chose an oil based paint which required terps.

St. Phatty

I remember when paint used to smell like it is suppose to: like f*cking PAINT!
When I moved into my current flat the wall paint had no smell whatsoever. So when I walked in the following day I couldn´t tell I´d done any decorating at all. Really pissed me of. Because I love the smell of paint anyway but when you´re painting your walls I think it needs to smell like you´ve painted them too. It´s like: New paint - a new, fresh start.

When I needed to paint something else in the flat some time later, I went to the store and deliberately chose an oil based paint which required terps.

I like the smell of Latex paint.

Makes a good Cologne ! ... before it gives you a Rash.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
We used to drive from Ohio to Phoenix or Tucson in my '64 Chevelle and stuff the trunk with 50 to 100 kilos of Mexican brick weed. It always came wrapped in some color of "construction paper" Usually red or brown. We paid about $80 to $100 per kilo and sold pounds back in Ohio for $110. Usually doubling your money and covering expenses was the standard rate of return. LOL

The pot was almost always the same. Wild grown, stems and seeds that you don't need. LOL Basic quality. Every now and then we would hit it rich and open the kilos to find some awesome red or gold bud. And, being a true capitalist even at that age, pounds were now $250. LOL

Those were definitely the days.

St. Phatty

We used to drive from Ohio to Phoenix or Tucson in my '64 Chevelle and stuff the trunk with 50 to 100 kilos of Mexican brick weed. It always came wrapped in some color of "construction paper" Usually red or brown. We paid about $80 to $100 per kilo and sold pounds back in Ohio for $110. Usually doubling your money and covering expenses was the standard rate of return. LOL

The pot was almost always the same. Wild grown, stems and seeds that you don't need. LOL Basic quality. Every now and then we would hit it rich and open the kilos to find some awesome red or gold bud. And, being a true capitalist even at that age, pounds were now $250. LOL

Those were definitely the days.

Cars & Cannabis don't mix, related to Cops being Assholes.

Sounds like you managed to avoid Johnny Law.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Cars & Cannabis don't mix, related to Cops being Assholes.

Sounds like you managed to avoid Johnny Law.
I must have run a zillion pounds of weed, bags of coke big enough to use for flood control, more acid than Timmy Leary ever even dreamed about, even truckloads of bootleg beer and barely ever even had a close call the entire time......... I was simply born to be a drug runner. LMAO

I remember one run to Phoenix we bought more kilos than we could fit into the trunk. So, we just tossed the excess into the back seat. LOL We were inches from home and we were celebrating by smoking pot and drinking and all. We got stopped by an Ohio State Highway Patrol coming up I-71. LOL. Fucker even made me get out of the car and walk the drunk line and touch my nose. LMAO. Then, he just let us go. Probably 10 or 20 kilos in the back seat and a trunk full. LOL

Looking back, I probably should have played the lottery more often. LOL

Never spent a day in jail for drugs. And, now I live in SoCal where it's legal and at my age I probably made it through without any time. Just pure luck.

St. Phatty

I must have run a zillion pounds of weed, bags of coke big enough to use for flood control, more acid than Timmy Leary ever even dreamed about, even truckloads of bootleg beer and barely ever even had a close call the entire time......... I was simply born to be a drug runner. LMAO

I remember one run to Phoenix we bought more kilos than we could fit into the trunk. So, we just tossed the excess into the back seat. LOL We were inches from home and we were celebrating by smoking pot and drinking and all. We got stopped by an Ohio State Highway Patrol coming up I-71. LOL. Fucker even made me get out of the car and walk the drunk line and touch my nose. LMAO. Then, he just let us go. Probably 10 or 20 kilos in the back seat and a trunk full. LOL

Looking back, I probably should have played the lottery more often. LOL

Never spent a day in jail for drugs. And, now I live in SoCal where it's legal and at my age I probably made it through without any time. Just pure luck.

Free Will Foster !

though by now he's probably out on Parole ... or dead.

he was some guy that arrested in Arkansas for 93 plants & hit with a very stiff prison sentence.

The medical-criminal-veterinarian complex doesn't like it when their monopoly is challenged.