What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

Piel

Veteran
I remeber my first casette player. Not many buttons to press and great sound -mono, we weren´t spoiled with all sorts of modern foolery.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i remember when the earth buzzed and chimed to the sounds of bird song and insects everywhere,,

i remember when people still had souls and didnt shop on sundays,,

i remember when the government hadnt got into every small community and ruined the self sufficient lifestyle of the people,,

i remember when parents were encouraged to be protective of their children not scourned for it by society as though they are ruining their own children,,

i remember when sanity still prevailed and people had their priorities straight and the term "common sense" was widely used,,

i remember when what we called technology made sense, more or less, and wasnt used simply to get talismans and amulets in peoples hands that tell them what to think and when to jump,,

Last edited:

jrhoust

hell I remember paying 11 cents for gas in a gas war

17 cents a pack for raleigh's at the base commisary

dad bought our first color tv in 1972 after I left home

my first concert was the who in 1969

first weed I ever smoked was some Missouri ditch weed just gave me a headache

smoked my first good weed the week before going off to boot camp

now I grow only the best. still love it after all these years.

can't remember how much those 4 finger bags were I was stationed in Idaho back then it's all kinda fuzzy.

jrhoust

i remember skylarks being everywhere ( not many looked like that) the skylark was Buick's answer to the Chevy nova. don't even remember the year but my best friend had a skylark handed down to him that would not die. had some great times with that car.

remember the pacer/vega/gremlin ....... not the best ideas detroit ever had.

man do I remember this my first car was a 63 skylark and my second was a vega wow what a lemon that one was

Space Toker

Veteran
well I could only read through post 43 this time, carbon date me and I ain't that much of a fossil but old enough to barely make me a member here. I remember not 10 cent soda (yes us slightly more modern folk call it that rather than 'pop') but 25 cent soda. I remember riding in town without fear on a bike to get mini tootsie rolls for a penny or so, back when everyone was not scared of their own shadow and people did not rat each other out for being "suspicious" or some other lame thing, you only involved the cops in emergencies. I remember the last year or 2 of Carter and the mess Reagan created even as the masses that are asses thought he was great. I remember fondly the girls wearing spacesuit like outfits and before that all those really dark designer blue jeans. (think Homer drooling). All those hair bands that really did nothing for me mostly, and bullies that beat up people they thought were gay or too foreign. Yes the TVs black and white and only like 8 channels (not 3, I was lucky and could get channels from like 300 miles away on this hill). Oh the good and not so good times! :D

Piel

Veteran
The not so good times: When the "Zodiac" was terrorizing the Bay area. We weren´t allowed out of the house after dusk.

Scrappy4

Veteran
In 1969 I was in 9th grade. Up till then the big get high stuff was taking aspirin then drinking coke, and smoking a cigarette soaked in jade east cologne. Both sucked, and thank god we never new about huffing. Then my luck changed, my crew got a pin joint (zig zag wheat straw)from an older brother, (nam vet). About 6 of us smoked it while walking the neighborhood. We all claimed this shit ain't nothing, then someone said where are we? Turns out we were all confused, then laughed like mad men, and we realised it was the pot. It's been mostly down hill since then, cept for drug testing for 20+ years thru the 80's and 90's until forced out of my job in 04.........scrappy

Jon 54

Turntables were built like a electronic piece of art, a stereo set up would take up most of a room, A reel to rel system was the most expensive system available and considered the ultimate in home entertainment.

Pot was from Mexico and most quantities were in compressed brick form. A nickle bag was $5.00,a dime $10.00,a lid $15.00 and a OZ, was $20.00. Hash was $5.00 a gram, Thai Weed was $15.00 a stick, Hawaiian Weed was $160.00 a OZ., Hydro was $200.00 and up for a OZ., Colombian Gold and I mean yellow pot was only $60.00 a OZ..

Thirty years later the prices had gone crazy as had the people who once actually got high and enjoyed the drug and didn't crave stronger forms of entertainment to try and get rich faster at the same time. Most people forgot what it was like to get high on grass. Pot has become a big business now controlled by organized crime in the States and the Cartels south of the border and in Colombia. The hashish trade is now run by the tribal warlords and the CIA over in Central Asia.

What will the next thirty years bring?? Will the World survive that long or will we finally screw it up and end it all??? Who knows???? We need to go back a long time and try and remember what we thought of and how we wanted to change the way we lived when we got together and did a bowl or two. Marijuana can help us as a whole to clean up our act or way of living and thinking but we need not to be paranoid about letting people know that we smoke marijuana and aren't suicidal killers or child molesters.
Alcohol is the bane of our world, together the distillers and the brewers control the world as it now is. We consume there products until medical conditions from using it kill us. The doctors profit along with the insurance and pharmacuitical companies .Drinking causes more disease and war than any other drug available to man today.

We need to change our life styles before it gets to late. Jon54 :tumbleweed::tumbleweed::plant grow::plant grow::smoweed::smoweed:

Superstone

The weed supply would dry up for the summer and all you could get was hash...and it only cost $5-$7 a gram!Damn I miss '79 to '83!

Superstone

One more thing:schwag went for $90/qp mids $110/qp and top shelf went for $150/qp.
Mescaline was $3/hit.Purple microdots and windowpane went for$5/hit.:)
Coke...good coke went for $25/qtr gram
"Crank" went for $50/gram...there was no such thing as bath salts then.
Condoms only cost a quarter!
Since then I've laid off the coke the crank and the acid and stick to cannabis and occasional use of magic mushrooms...and got my wife on the pill before we were engaged!
I've survived all the debauchery and lived to tell the tale!

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I remember getting back from Germany 1970 and listening to two guys on the bus talking about the Jackson Five and wondering , who the hell are they talking about. I remember driving across country and running out of interstate every 50 or 60 miles, then you two laned state hwyed it until the next stretch of interstate came up. that was in 67 and 68. I rememeber when the 707 jets started flying. I am an old MoFo.

oldchuck

Veteran
I remember my 1954 Chevy that I got as a high school graduation present from my parents. I think it cost them $200. Heavy and slow but I loved it.

I used to think that if everybody smoked pot there would be no more wars. Hey, I still think that.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Well I am originally from the south so maybe some things will confuse ya. I remember buying a Plymouth Duster for $100.00 ,me and my younger brother would drive that ole car for many miles with a plate taken from another junk car on the property.Damn,we put sooo many miles on that car,we stayed on the old dirt roads and such. It was sooooo much fun.We also knew a 1 legged black fella that would get us a bottle of wild irish rose if we gave him an extra dollar for his troubles.Weed was cheap and very good,the area I lived in was a county over from the Schyler skunk area,Spelling may be wrong on that. Sky ler is how it is pronounced.Skunk piss in a bag folks.I also remember making wine with blackberries,potatoes,and wild strawberries with my pops.Boy this thread has really taken me back!!:tiphat:

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
plymouth duster for $100. cracks me up, not a super bee.
learned me to drive in a '47 willys jeep my dad had for hunting.

your handshake was your bond.
never heard of a priest abusing kids.
a man would never think of wearing a hat indoors.
women didn't need to work.
you could carry a gun without attracting attention.
corporations actually had competition.
we were the most advanced country in the world.
we weren't the most disrespected kid on the block.

i was much more then.

E

Ester

I remember when,.......,
I bought my first car a 68 chev Impala 4 door for 100 dollars. I would go to the gas station and fill the oil and check the gas. My friends did not like going out in the car as they would come home smelling of old burnt run off oil. I had the vehicle for a few months and still sold it for 75 bucks to a man for demolition derby. This was in 1984. I thought it was the coolest vehicle in the world at the time.

BigRigRob

Man, you are old!

MICHAE1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts