What's new

I remember when,.......

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Smoking lots of joints at a concert.

The ability to buy cigarettes at the age of 12.

Legally drinking and driving.

Whatever happened to rednecking it with a gun rack in the pick-up's rear window?

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Power hitters, take me back. Those things would kill ya! I t was like a turbo-charged football...LOL
:tiphat: You talkin bout this Baby right here? Onward Through The Fog Baby,lol.This is from 77 and stil powerin through strong as hell.I love it! Whats so funny is,ive put this up in threads for years here and people look at it like its a U.F.O, they ask"Whats That",lol. Its the past Baby,thats what it is,its History...

Useful Idiot

Veteran
I remember when you could go to a site called Seed Boutique and buy cannabis seeds with a credit card,and in about 5-7 days you would get the package. Oh the memories.

wspman

I can remember my Daddy cuzin' the high price of gas like it was the end of the world. Never forget it, regular leaded gas, not unleaded, was a whoppin' .39 cents a gallon. My Dad, RIP, would never believe this $5 a gallon bullshit!

wsp

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
FullMeltDome!!!! Hey batter batter , blast the steely dan album or some Sabbath light some smelly candles and fire up the atari lol

you have a true cannabis antique and history there my friend...

we need to start a thread of pics of personally owned vintage and antique smoking
goodies...

speaking of wich i miss my 3ft gaffics bubbler

I remember when gas cost like less than $1.00. Fucking speculators!

R.Fortune

If the high price of gas is due to the speculators how come the cost of natural gas is at an all time low & usage of the same is at an all time high??? Speculators also play in that market.
Try looking in the direction of OPEC & those that set energy policy in this country. Your being lied to.

And how about milk money in grammer school.

The not so good times: When the "Zodiac" was terrorizing the Bay area. We weren´t allowed out of the house after dusk.

But if you were in san francisco in the 60's what a time that was. wall to wall people on haight st. drugs being sold everywhere, on every corner. The House of Donuts on Stanyan st. where the speed freaks used to hang out all through the night. Doggie Diner for a late night meal. And if you were really bored you could cruise Great Highway on a Friday or Saturday night. The Fillmore at Winterland, The Avalon Ballroom. Bill Graham & The Family Dog bringing us the best that rock n roll had to offer.
And last but not least Peoples Bird Hospital After the 1971 oil spill in the bay. A makeshift co op trying to help the injured birds down where Playland used to be in the old skating rink.
We were going to rule the world one day & look how my generation has screwed it up.
I need to go smoke a joint.
Cheers,
bruce

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i remember when the furnace was fired with coal. shovel some memories.
you made a fire in the stove to cook.
no steam irons, you stuck a little nozzle on a pop bottle filled with water and shook it on the clothes.
you used a bottle opener (church key) to open a beer/soda.
Glenn Miller and Buddy Krupa entertained on the black and white/or on vinyl.
gas and cigarettes were both $0.25.
the chickens, rabbits, and pigs were dinner depending on which one you caught last.
children could carry guns without interference and were marksmen.
politicians were respected servants. (?)
a mans word was his bond.

My! what a day i've seen.

Jon 54

Those were really the days my friend . We thought they'd never end. We'd sing and dance forever and a day. We'd live the life we choose. We'd fight and never loose!!!!! Those were the day's, Oh yes those were the day's. Jon 54