What's new

Huge experiment using 50 plants, coco mix, blumats, 5400W, Heath Robinson strains

E

ekomsi

Well I finally found my cord that connects the computer to the camera. Picture time......

This run was quite an experience, first run with coco, first run with veg+bloom nutrients, first time with blumats, then switched to dtw with drippers b/c I was having issues with the cones. I believe the 3mm lines were too far past the cone and not calibrated to the medium on some plants. Gonna rock them very soon and show how its done with blumats kiss style.

This was also the first run I had experienced root aphids. I have dealt with spidermites my first ever grow and azamax took care of them rather quickily, also dealt with fungas nats. But these damn root aphids make both spidermites and fungus nats look like nothing. I have been treating all mothers and new plants with bayer root and tree (IMID) 5-15ml per gallon. I have not noticed any flying aphids since I harvested.

Im on to the next run as planned but instead of running clones I decide to dip into my seed stash and see what gems I can find,

I popped a pack of each

Heath Robinson- Cheisel
Heath Robinson- V3
Heath Robinson- Apple Pie
Heath Robinson- Purple Wreck
High Life Seeds -Justice
Canna Venture- PCK x Chem D BX
Canna Venture- Dawg Jam 91
Female Seeds- Grapefruit

I did find 2 keepers of Black Rose, also gonna keep the Chem Dawg clone, Rez Sour Diesel clone, JazzBerry Jam clone, Gash Clone, and Sour Boggle clone, and POW clone.

All the pics are different phenos of Black Rose except the 2 pics of green buds. The first green bud is the Sour Diesel I believe and the second is Cannaventures Jazz Berry Jam both are clones I got from a friend.

Attachments

• SAM_2254.jpg
    SAM_2254.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2253.jpg
    SAM_2253.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2251.jpg
    SAM_2251.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2230.jpg
    SAM_2230.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 16
  • SAM_2218.jpg
    SAM_2218.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_2244.jpg
    SAM_2244.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2232.jpg
    SAM_2232.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 14
  • SAM_2255.jpg
    SAM_2255.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 14
  • SAM_2216.jpg
    SAM_2216.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2217.jpg
    SAM_2217.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 10

Bonzo

Veteran
howdy ekomsi...what is this v+b nute ya'll are usin'? beautiful pics bro...great work :)

E

ekomsi

What's apple pie? Sounds delicious :biggrin:

I wish I could remember the lineage to this strain but the website I got them from is down and I cant remember exactly. To be honest I dont care much for lineage anyways its always about the final product and a name is just that a name.

howdy ekomsi...what is this v+b nute ya'll are usin'? beautiful pics bro...great work :)

Its a 1 part powder nutrient made by Hydroponic Research, I used that and drip clean only my last run but think I might switch back to GH following the recipie 6/9 drip clean and kool bloom. If my shop had V+B I would prolly use that agian but I have to order it online. Nutrients are nutrients.

Mister_D

Veteran
I wish I could remember the lineage to this strain but the website I got them from is down and I cant remember exactly. To be honest I dont care much for lineage anyways its always about the final product and a name is just that a name.

Its a 1 part powder nutrient made by Hydroponic Research, I used that and drip clean only my last run but think I might switch back to GH following the recipie 6/9 drip clean and kool bloom. If my shop had V+B I would prolly use that agian but I have to order it online. Nutrients are nutrients.

Couldn't agree more with both statements :dance013:

E

ekomsi

This new run is going great! Im using a mix that consists of 40% coco fiber 40% coco chips, and 20% chunky perlite. This time I rinsed the mixture clean of any salts, dried it a little on a tarp then I charged it with 6/9 head formula and added cal/mag+phed to 5.8.

I also used all #3 Smart pots with heavy duty trays under each to catch runoff so the plants can suck the juice back up.

I hope I can get a high female to male ratio on all these seeds. I know the V3, Apple Pie and Grapefruit are all feminized but we will see.

I have a question about feeding coco nutrients, do you think I should be alternating nutrients and plain water or nutrients every time with periodically plain waters? Last run I mostly did nutrients every watering and had salt buildup at the end even with drip clean so I feel like I should water without nutrients everyonce and awhile?

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
You must feed every time with coco. Water only will fuck shit up quick. I would shoot for 1.5 EC and feed more often. Letting them suck the juice back up can have other negative issues. If you have trays under them, plumb it to a waste line, and feed to runoff 2-3 times during lights on...

E

ekomsi

Solid advice, when I water by hand there is very little run off and it gets sucked up rather quickly, within hrs, there are so many roots growing threw the bottom of the smart pots its very cool. Thick white roots sticking out everywhere I can only imagine what they look like inside the bag lol.

I have feeding EWC tea which I think helps the roots alot!

Rampant

Great pics Ekomsi, what can i say but that purp looks awesome!:tiphat:
The only problem i have with coco is blocked drippers as i don't use and drip clean. What are you using? I used to use blue air line as its slightly wider and gets more water through but i had to throw it away every crop and had to put a clothes peg on the dripper to stop it falling off. I think i may start to use 2 per pot. Have a good day man.

lvtokerr

Solid advice, when I water by hand there is very little run off and it gets sucked up rather quickly, within hrs, there are so many roots growing threw the bottom of the smart pots its very cool. Thick white roots sticking out everywhere I can only imagine what they look like inside the bag lol.

I have feeding EWC tea which I think helps the roots alot!

black rose is looking killer bro. mnn id love to have a cut of that or any heath robinson strains.

sorry if you posted earlier but what is your tea recipe? Have you noticed if adding tea will give you run off that is a few hundred ppms higher?

E

ekomsi

Great pics Ekomsi, what can i say but that purp looks awesome!:tiphat:
The only problem i have with coco is blocked drippers as i don't use and drip clean. What are you using? I used to use blue air line as its slightly wider and gets more water through but i had to throw it away every crop and had to put a clothes peg on the dripper to stop it falling off. I think i may start to use 2 per pot. Have a good day man.

Thanks Rampant, I used 3mm drip line that I ordered for my blumats. The line is super small and easily blocked although I had 0 problems with blocked lines. Im thinking about using some thicker line this time because the 3mm is for the blumats. Im thinking really hard about using hydro halos and a huge water pump for max watering coverage, just wondering if its worth the investment.

black rose is looking killer bro. mnn id love to have a cut of that or any heath robinson strains.

sorry if you posted earlier but what is your tea recipe? Have you noticed if adding tea will give you run off that is a few hundred ppms higher?

Hey man, thanks Im sure a lot of people would like cuts of his strains, the BR is exactly what I wanted when I purchased them.

Up next is V3, Cheisel, Apple Pie, and Purple Wreck from Heath Robinson Seeds.

My EWC tea consists of 5 gallon bucket full of dechlorinated water, air stone to keep it bubbling, and a shot glass full of molasses.
I then take a paint strainer bag from lowes/home depot inside the strainer I add around 1.5 Cups of fresh EWC, I also add in the strainer a scoop of ZHO powder, and a scoop of Great White powder using the scoops that come with each package. I use a zip tie to close the open end of the strainer bag, place it in the molasses water to bubble away for around 30hrs.

I add the tea to my rez and I never noticed a raise in EC, never checked the runoff of just straight ewc tea so I cant answer your question. I assume the tea doesnt mess with the EC very much, not really any chemical nutrients just benificial microbes.

E

ekomsi

Well I figured its about time for some pics of the beautiful specimens I have, althought its just veg pics and a couple early flower.

Picture 1 is Sour Boggle Mother plant
Picture 2 is POW Mother plant
Picture 3 is NYPD Mother plant

Picture 4 is my 600W small room, in there I have the phenos of Black Rose plus a couple other mother plants I didnt want to keep and didnt want to just throw away so they have beem 12/12 for around a week and half.
Picture 5 is the Grapefruit Mother in the 600Wroom, I didnt want to keep her, very sativa leaves eh?

Picture 6 is the 5400W room it has 2400W of MH bulbs and 3000W of HPS over top 46 plants.
Pic 7 is 3 female cheisels really wish i had more but the rest were males
Pic 8 is a row of 10 Apple Pie plants they are all female b/c they were feminized seeds. I love feminized seeds!
Pic 9 is roots shooting out the #3 smart pots
Pic 10 is I cant remember lol

Attachments

• SAM_2294.jpg
    SAM_2294.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_2293.jpg
    SAM_2293.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2271.jpg
    SAM_2271.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2270.jpg
    SAM_2270.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2266.jpg
    SAM_2266.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2308.jpg
    SAM_2308.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_2307.jpg
    SAM_2307.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_2299.jpg
    SAM_2299.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 14
  • SAM_2283.jpg
    SAM_2283.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2281.jpg
    SAM_2281.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 20
E

ekomsi

Thanks Rampant, the smart pots are cool I like how the bag asorbs the runoff and sucks it back up evenly around the whole bottom of the fabric, the only thing that sucks is when moving the pots if the bag moves from the tray some of the roots that are sticking out the bottom of the smart pot might get torn off althought if I dont move them too much (violently) I think there will be a mat of roots between the bottom of each smart pot and the green trays at the very end.

I started to add ProTekt, I also have been feeding them consistenly EWC tea, and have also been giving them a little bit of Bayer Root and Tree 12 Month (basically IMID at some %) to all my Vegetative plants. The 600W closet hasnt had any imid for a few weeks before I flipped them.

I have not seen a single bug since I tore eveything down cleaned all equipment and got the big room going agian say it agian I see 0 root aphids or fungus nats! Hopefully this will prevent anything from grabbing ahold of my meduim as a playground.

Also thinking about hitting my plants up with some azamax, got some laying around and bought this badass super fogmister a few months back, swear to god it looks like the ghostbuster gun. Only used it once and preventative measures while in veg are allways best. I gotta take a pic of this fog sprayer its dope to and fun to use.

Rampant

I was checking out azamax the other day, i really liked the look of those hardcore foggers as well. I noticed springtails in my coco again which sucks. I reckon it came from the media, they don't seem to do much damage but they creep me out.

E

ekomsi

Reppin a bunch of plants grown from seed with lots of variations :biggrin:

Attachments

• SAM_2487.jpg
    SAM_2487.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_2486.jpg
    SAM_2486.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2485.jpg
    SAM_2485.jpg