What's new

Huge experiment using 50 plants, coco mix, blumats, 5400W, Heath Robinson strains

E

ekomsi

So after sealing the door better I have not noticed any new male flowers. The bananas were only on the plant right by the door anyways.

So far everything is going good in the big room, the mini split is working awesome keeping my temps around 78F lights on and 67Flights off. Dehumidifer is working when lights are on to keep RH at 50% but it jumps to 70% lights off. thinking about going out and getting 1 or 2 more dehumidifiers.

Im about to take the Rose and Rhinos in flower down a couple weeks early, I would like to let them go around 60+ days but I need new mothers for my next big run and I'm dictated to stay legal by plant #s. Not gonna lie Im really excited to try these out anyways so I gotta look at the upside.

Rampant

Hi Ekomsi, your plants look amazing, i have not smoked any decent purple for years and you really got my mouth watering. Brings back good memories, all the best man. :tiphat:

E

ekomsi

What up Rampant, thanks for the compliments. I should have my big room full of purple/pink dankness in 2 months, its only been a few days over a week of 12/12 for the big room.

Here a an update on the big room.

Attachments

• SAM_2088.jpg
    SAM_2088.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2090.jpg
    SAM_2090.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2091.jpg
    SAM_2091.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2093.jpg
    SAM_2093.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2094.jpg
    SAM_2094.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2087.jpg
    SAM_2087.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2086.jpg
    SAM_2086.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 10
  • this is the one C99 in the room, its for my Mrs., many bud sites
    this is the one C99 in the room, its for my Mrs., many bud sites
    96.3 KB · Views: 31
  • SAM_2095.jpg
    SAM_2095.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 11

majestral

Wow, looking great. Those are beautiful colors just very unique. You'll have to let us know what they smoke like!! Think when we do our coco room, we're going to just hand water with a hose and pump for the first run. We're too chicken to go with the blumats for our first run with coco! We're even nervous going with coco in that room since we're so used to the hydro systems. Oh well, gotta give you props for showing us all how you do, Great Job!

Peace,
The Majestrals

E

ekomsi

Thanks Maj, always like when you stop by. Im not using the blumats any more. Im using 2 pumps instead of an elevated rez, with the same manifold I had in place with the blumats. So instead of each plant getting water when needed using blumats, I have the pumps turn on for 1minute 3times while the lights are on. I was watering twice a day but I just bumped it up to 3 feeds. Gonna eventually bump it to 4 feeds maybe more we will see what the roots can handle.

On a side note earlier today I used 4 gallons of EWC Tea I had brewed for 30hrs, I added that 4 gallons of ewc tea to 15 gallons of water, mixed then hand watered the diluted ewc tea to my coco plants in the 5400W room. This should help keep any unwanted pests at bay and the roots seem to love the tea. I would like to add the tea to my rez like I do when I use the ebb n grow buckets but Im scared to when using the 3mm drip line and drip stakes. So I handwater the tea for now

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I love tea also, but would feel uncomfortable putting it in my rez. The benis have a shelf life and the sooner they are doing their business the better. I just top dress my coco with tea every 10 days or so, not a single flyer in last 3 months...

majestral

Thanks Maj, always like when you stop by. Im not using the blumats any more. Im using 2 pumps instead of an elevated rez, with the same manifold I had in place with the blumats. So instead of each plant getting water when needed using blumats, I have the pumps turn on for 1minute 3times while the lights are on. I was watering twice a day but I just bumped it up to 3 feeds. Gonna eventually bump it to 4 feeds maybe more we will see what the roots can handle.

On a side note earlier today I used 4 gallons of EWC Tea I had brewed for 30hrs, I added that 4 gallons of ewc tea to 15 gallons of water, mixed then hand watered the diluted ewc tea to my coco plants in the 5400W room. This should help keep any unwanted pests at bay and the roots seem to love the tea. I would like to add the tea to my rez like I do when I use the ebb n grow buckets but Im scared to when using the 3mm drip line and drip stakes. So I handwater the tea for now

We must of not gone back far enough when we were catching up on your thread! We missed the part when you stopped using the blumats. We'll have to go back further, hate when you loose track!
We thought about trying a drip system as well since a good friend of ours has been using that system for years and loves it. But we're still going to start out with hand watering with the hose just until we get used to running with coco! Can't wait!

Peace,
The Majestrals

E

ekomsi

You will deff want to start off with handwatering. At first its probably the best method of watering but roots in coco go nuts they grow super fast and take over a pot fast, at that point you will want to water mutipule times a day. I think its okay to start off a plant in the same size pot your gonna flower because in coco you want to use the roots to your advantage the sooner you can water multupile times a day the closer the results are to hydro.

Arminius

Veteran
We must of not gone back far enough when we were catching up on your thread! We missed the part when you stopped using the blumats. We'll have to go back further, hate when you loose track!
We thought about trying a drip system as well since a good friend of ours has been using that system for years and loves it. But we're still going to start out with hand watering with the hose just until we get used to running with coco! Can't wait!

Peace,
The Majestrals
I followed your thread over at GC, and glad to see you here. If you have a tray, or can waterproof a table, DTW is the way to go with coco... Not much equipment needed, and I was able to cannibalize most of my DWC gear to switch. Don't see myself switching back to DWC until I can afford chillers etc...
Check out HGO's thread if you haven't already.

E

ekomsi

Flower shot somewhere close to 7 weeks 12/12

Attachments

• SAM_2105.jpg
    SAM_2105.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2104.jpg
    SAM_2104.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2103.jpg
    SAM_2103.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2102.jpg
    SAM_2102.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2101.jpg
    SAM_2101.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2106.jpg
    SAM_2106.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2107.jpg
    SAM_2107.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2108.jpg
    SAM_2108.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2109.jpg
    SAM_2109.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2112.jpg
    SAM_2112.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 11
E

ekomsi

I caught the lights coming on in the big room

EC reads 1.7 ph= 5.8, best ph/ec/temp meter I have used is this guardian.

Your looking at a couple oz's of dry ice hash the lighter color one is a better grade imo it tastes grapish from the diesel. smell of this hash is stinky fuelish kush all mixed together lol, over powers the room but it does not taste as good as some good BHO. On the other hand it is easier to smoke and takes only 5-10 minutes to make depending on how much trim you have.

I got a free sample of House and Garden cocos to try out, might do a side by side with veg+bloom..... next run

Attachments

• SAM_2121.jpg
    SAM_2121.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2118.jpg
    SAM_2118.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2117.jpg
    SAM_2117.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_2116.jpg
    SAM_2116.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 10
  • SAM_2115.jpg
    SAM_2115.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2122.jpg
    SAM_2122.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_2126.jpg
    SAM_2126.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_2127.jpg
    SAM_2127.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
good growing dankster! I'm liking the colors! It looks like your still dialing the EC which is where it's at. I had one strain that would burn over 1.4 and another that need 1.9 to stay dank. EC is the language for sure. Once you get the feel your girls really start to talk to you!!

majestral

I followed your thread over at GC, and glad to see you here. If you have a tray, or can waterproof a table, DTW is the way to go with coco... Not much equipment needed, and I was able to cannibalize most of my DWC gear to switch. Don't see myself switching back to DWC until I can afford chillers etc...
Check out HGO's thread if you haven't already.

thanks Arminius! It's been a long time since we've been over to GC, good to see you too! We're still working on getting the room ready for the coco run, good to know everyone seems to like the DTW method though! We'll definitely check out HGO's thread, we'll search for it. Good to see ya!

edit: can't seem to find HGO's thread, can you give us a clue on where to find it?

Peace,
The majestrals

majestral

I caught the lights coming on in the big room

EC reads 1.7 ph= 5.8, best ph/ec/temp meter I have used is this guardian.

Your looking at a couple oz's of dry ice hash the lighter color one is a better grade imo it tastes grapish from the diesel. smell of this hash is stinky fuelish kush all mixed together lol, over powers the room but it does not taste as good as some good BHO. On the other hand it is easier to smoke and takes only 5-10 minutes to make depending on how much trim you have.

I got a free sample of House and Garden cocos to try out, might do a side by side with veg+bloom..... next run

Girls still looking amazing along with the dry ice hash! We've been making batches of bubble hash, got one of those Bubble Now machines and it works great! Looks just like yours when it's done. don't know too much about the dry ice method, it sounds interesting!

Peace,
The Majestrals

majestral

HundredGramOz's thread is in the vert section of the forums I think,

I want one of those washing machines for ice hash my shop has one and I will prolly get one after this harvest, dry ice takes only minutes to make all you need is a dry ice, one bubble bag, and a bucket, youtube it!

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3D1buSgDNfGFQ

Thanks ekomsi! We found the thread, and now just have to read it! Will definitely check out u tube, sounds like a lot less trouble and time, just have to find the dry ice, the videos and then we're set!

Peace,
The Majestrals

Arminius

Veteran
thanks Arminius! It's been a long time since we've been over to GC, good to see you too! We're still working on getting the room ready for the coco run, good to know everyone seems to like the DTW method though! We'll definitely check out HGO's thread, we'll search for it. Good to see ya!

edit: can't seem to find HGO's thread, can you give us a clue on where to find it?

Peace,
The majestrals
This is the one I was thinking about in the Coco section. It deals more with setting up DTW with coco. He has a good thread in the Vert section as well.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241341

D

DHF

Look at all the purdy colors........Respect ismoke.....Whatever yas end up with , just stick with it.........

Tryin new things constantly never dials a setup , but your shit looks tight......Good luck and wish yas had`ve found the green pheno cuz I`dve been after it......

EWC tea.....always learnin.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:......