What's new

Huge experiment using 50 plants, coco mix, blumats, 5400W, Heath Robinson strains

E

ekomsi

So Im switcing my game up a lot, coco is the new medium. Im gonna try out a few different brands of coco. Were talking about 50 flowering plants under 5400W Ushio HPS bulbs, Blumats will be used to keep the coco nice and moist I will have saucers under each pot to dial in each sensor.

The basic mix is 1/3 coco croutons, 1/3 stringy fiber coco, 1/3 perlite. Im gonna try out Gold Label coco, Botinicare 5kg Bricks, Botinicare 50l loose ready grow coco bags. These will each be mixed with the above croutons and perlite ratio.

Im even trying out a few different pots lol, Im gonna get 20 #3 smart pots. 5 #5 smart pots, and 25 cheap plastic true 3 gallon containers.

Just to give everyone an idea of my room, I have a 36,000btu mini split AC/heat pump, big ass carbon filter exhaust, custom intake box with furnace filters. Grow area is about 9 ft wide and 14 ft long. Have 9 600W ushio hps bulbs. Should be able to fit around 50 plants under them lights not sure how long I will veg for hopefully I can get away with only a few weeks but I will push it to 35 days if I have too.

Clones are in the ezcloners should be shooting out roots in the next few days. I think the mix they will go in after they come out the cloner will be 1/2 coco, 1/4 perlite, 1/4 ewc. Will that be good enough for a week or two with out nutrients?

Nutrients used will be Veg+Bloom powder, drip clean, and ewc tea that I make with great white and ZHO will be top feed only, tea will not go into the rez.

Lets talk about the blumats. I have 50 of them :dance013: I will be using a 55gall rez, inside the 55gal rez will be a smallish pump that all day every day will be on pumping nutrient solution up to a 25 gallon rez, this rez will have a 1in overflow pipe that brings solution back to the 55 gallon rez. The 25 gall rez will have 1/2in tubing that runs the blumats manifold. gonna use a closed loop system with either 2 or 3 loops, at the lowest point of each loop there will be a valve for bleeding the system. There will also be inline valves at the top of the manifold. I will use 3mm line coming off the 1/2in line with Kent Tees 3/32in

Last but not least lets talk about the strains,

I got a pack of Heath Robinsons Black Rose, 100% germination, ended up with 7 females out of 11 plants. I also got 2 out of 3 females of the freebie Black Rhino (Black Rose x White Rhino), I also got 3 free Purple Wreck that I have yet to pop along with the famous cheisel, and V3 yet to pop.

All these were vegged for a couple of months until each showed there sex. I took a bunch of clones from 7 of the female Black Rose and 2 female Black Rhinos

So there will be a lot of purple dank in the coming months a lot of these plants are already showing purple traits in the leaves, I have a good feeling Im gonna have totally purple nugs.

Im also getting a few different clones that I will run but the main attractions is the black rose. google heath robinson black rose

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds great dude ... :good:

loving the coco fed with veg & bloom myself . traded in the blumats for 1/4 drip lines on a pump but ... thats just me , a ton of people are lovin the blumats .

So i'll pull up a chair & pack a bowl for the show :tiphat:

D

DHF

So Im switcing my game up a lot, coco is the new medium. Im gonna try out a few different brands of coco. Were talking about 50 flowering plants under 5400W Ushio HPS bulbs, Blumats will be used to keep the coco nice and moist I will have saucers under each pot to dial in each sensor.

The basic mix is 1/3 coco croutons, 1/3 stringy fiber coco, 1/3 perlite. Im gonna try out Gold Label coco, Botinicare 5kg Bricks, Botinicare 50l loose ready grow coco bags. These will each be mixed with the above croutons and perlite ratio.

Im even trying out a few different pots lol, Im gonna get 20 #3 smart pots. 5 #5 smart pots, and 25 cheap plastic true 3 gallon containers.

Just to give everyone an idea of my room, I have a 36,000btu mini split AC/heat pump, big ass carbon filter exhaust, custom intake box with furnace filters. Grow area is about 9 ft wide and 14 ft long. Have 9 600W ushio hps bulbs. Should be able to fit around 50 plants under them lights not sure how long I will veg for hopefully I can get away with only a few weeks but I will push it to 35 days if I have too.

Clones are in the ezcloners should be shooting out roots in the next few days. I think the mix they will go in after they come out the cloner will be 1/2 coco, 1/4 perlite, 1/4 ewc. Will that be good enough for a week or two with out nutrients?

Nutrients used will be Veg+Bloom powder, drip clean, and ewc tea that I make with great white and ZHO will be top feed only, tea will not go into the rez.

Lets talk about the blumats. I have 50 of them :dance013: I will be using a 55gall rez, inside the 55gal rez will be a smallish pump that all day every day will be on pumping nutrient solution up to a 25 gallon rez, this rez will have a 1in overflow pipe that brings solution back to the 55 gallon rez. The 25 gall rez will have 1/2in tubing that runs the blumats manifold. gonna use a closed loop system with either 2 or 3 loops, at the lowest point of each loop there will be a valve for bleeding the system. There will also be inline valves at the top of the manifold. I will use 3mm line coming off the 1/2in line with Kent Tees 3/32in

Last but not least lets talk about the strains,

I got a pack of Heath Robinsons Black Rose, 100% germination, ended up with 7 females out of 11 plants. I also got 2 out of 3 females of the freebie Black Rhino (Black Rose x White Rhino), I also got 3 free Purple Wreck that I have yet to pop along with the famous cheisel, and V3 yet to pop.

All these were vegged for a couple of months until each showed there sex. I took a bunch of clones from 7 of the female Black Rose and 2 female Black Rhinos

So there will be a lot of purple dank in the coming months a lot of these plants are already showing purple traits in the leaves, I have a good feeling Im gonna have totally purple nugs.

Im also getting a few different clones that I will run but the main attractions is the black rose. google heath robinson black rose
Respect for doin your homework ismoke.....Gonna tell yas what Heath told me personally many yrs ago bout runnin beans once they sprout legs , or for that matter rooted cuts as well....

Throw em up under 8 bulb 432 watt T-5`s with the bulbs all but on top of em to prevent stretching and promote node and limb stacking.....

God only knows which pheno`s yas got but there`s a green 1 that won`t purple up fer shit , and if yas find that 1 DO NOT shitcan her.....strongest of the strong and I`ve run every bean Heath ever made......

Never ran that Black Rhino cross though , but as far as how long to veg is to be determined since you`re workin with beans and not dialed rooted cuts.....but.....

NEVER depend on earthworm castings to get your babies through the transition while they`re growin roots cuz the best thing yas can do is feed em 1/2 strength nutes till they start yellowing and then kick it up.....and.....

#3 smartpots are prolly your best bet to fill the bags wth roots and air prune before end of stretch without extended veg times runnin Heath`s gear cuz they`re not real stretchy........or at least what I ran wasn`t....and....

If yas veg long enough ta fill the #5`s , then the 3 gal plastic containers will have roots spinnin round the outsides of the buckets and be wastin plant energy best spent elsewhere on foliage and budsites before the flip through end of stretch....anyways....

Excellent game plan and I`ll be over here on my bucket waitin for shit ta blow up so ....Here`s hopin harvey`s twice whatchas expect....and....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

St3ve

Sounds like you gotta a lotta stuff going on.

So, what is the main crux of your experiment? Different brands of coco and the pots?

Best of luck
:peacock:

E

ekomsi

Sounds great dude ...

loving the coco fed with veg & bloom myself . traded in the blumats for 1/4 drip lines on a pump but ... thats just me , a ton of people are lovin the blumats .

So i'll pull up a chair & pack a bowl for the show

Thanks db I really like the idea of one nutrient at different doses. The powder is cool b.c it dissolves very well, better them maxibloom and Koolbloom. If I dont like the blumats for production I will have more then enough for my mothers and other soil plants.

This sounds great! Are the lights bare bulb or in hoods/air cooled? This will be a good 1 to watch happy 4th!

Thanks irobotsd, I use luminare 6in hoods, but I dont air cool them. I want to upgrade to adjusta wing hoods with difusers in the next year or soo.

Respect for doin your homework ismoke.....Gonna tell yas what Heath told me personally many yrs ago bout runnin beans once they sprout legs , or for that matter rooted cuts as well....

Throw em up under 8 bulb 432 watt T-5`s with the bulbs all but on top of em to prevent stretching and promote node and limb stacking.....

God only knows which pheno`s yas got but there`s a green 1 that won`t purple up fer shit , and if yas find that 1 DO NOT shitcan her.....strongest of the strong and I`ve run every bean Heath ever made......

Never ran that Black Rhino cross though , but as far as how long to veg is to be determined since you`re workin with beans and not dialed rooted cuts.....but.....

NEVER depend on earthworm castings to get your babies through the transition while they`re growin roots cuz the best thing yas can do is feed em 1/2 strength nutes till they start yellowing and then kick it up.....and.....

#3 smartpots are prolly your best bet to fill the bags wth roots and air prune before end of stretch without extended veg times runnin Heath`s gear cuz they`re not real stretchy........or at least what I ran wasn`t....and....

If yas veg long enough ta fill the #5`s , then the 3 gal plastic containers will have roots spinnin round the outsides of the buckets and be wastin plant energy best spent elsewhere on foliage and budsites before the flip through end of stretch....anyways....

Excellent game plan and I`ll be over here on my bucket waitin for shit ta blow up so ....Here`s hopin harvey`s twice whatchas expect....and....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

Thanks DHF your the first person to get the u/n nice haha, I have 2 veg rooms, one is very small it is used for flowering sometimes and has a 600W MH with an intake/carbon filter exhaust. In my bigger veg room I have a 4ft 4bulb T5 and a 4 ft 8bulb T5 fixture. I will go take a pic in a minute, funny thing about that 4ft 8 bulb T5, one of the ballasts went bad so only 4 of the 8 lights would work, took it in and got a replacment that day(5yr warranty on them), go back into my shop s few days later and they ask if I wanna take my bulbs out of the defective 8bulb fixture(bulbs were still good), long story short the manufacturer told them to just throw it away lol so now I have 2 4ft 8 bulb T5 fixtures all I got to do is replace a ballast to the defective one.

Thanks for the tips, I dont plan on shitcanning any strains/phenos until I smoke them all, but I hope I get something simllar to the green pheno you talk about. Im hoping for something spectacular, high hopes for the black rhinos aswell, wanted some white rhino for awhile now so hopefully the black is better.

sounds like fun to me.

AD
Thanks AD it is fun :woohoo:

Sounds like you gotta a lotta stuff going on.

So, what is the main crux of your experiment? Different brands of coco and the pots?

Best of luck
:peacock:
Not much going on atm just waiting for these clones to root usually I have mad roots by now, its been 6 days in the ezcloners, but for some reason they are just starting to show root bumps and spit out a few white roots. Must be a Black rose/rhino thing.

The experiment is to see how well coco with blumats and veg+bloom compares to ebb n grow system with hydroton and lucas formula in my room. The side experiments are to see which brands of coco I like better for the mix and what size pots and kind of pots give me bigger better looking buds.

The last experiment is to fufill my quest of super dank purple ganja

I also have a few clones I will be running as yet another experiment. There will only be 1 plant of each but I will take clones from each before they flip to flower.

JazzBerry Jam (green pheno) cannaventure seeds
Sour Boggle/ BOG
Chemdawg IBL
Sour D
Gash
POW
Grapefruit/ female seeds

mack 10

Veteran
^^ dont mean to spoil the party but is the black rose actually that potent? i had heard it was just purp with no poke? someone drop some knowledge. ps where did you find all them beans? chiesel sounds nice. mack.

E

ekomsi

^^ dont mean to spoil the party but is the black rose actually that potent? i had heard it was just purp with no poke? someone drop some knowledge. ps where did you find all them beans? chiesel sounds nice. mack.

No problem I have no idea if its super potent or not but now a days most "properly" grown pot from reputable breeders is potent enough for me and my patients.

DHF said this about Black Rose :laughing: "God only knows which pheno`s yas got but there`s a green 1 that won`t purple up fer shit , and if yas find that 1 DO NOT shitcan her.....strongest of the strong and I`ve run every bean Heath ever made......"

I got all of Heaths seeds from a highlifeseeds but it has stopped selling, my guess is b/c they sold out but idk. The website is even gone, but Im pretty sure heath has said they had his gear and it was legit site run by his buddy graham recently until they stopped trading.

This shows how close I run my T5s to them girls, expecially the babies I got to get them big fast.
The third pic is the 30 site ezloner with a fat indica leaf from a Black Rhino mother protecting its newborns.
I got my blumats but still waiting on my unions from kentsystems they are so slow! I don't recommend them.

The first 3 bud shots are NYPD, it really turned purple with lower temps(a/c) and lower water temps (chiller) during final week. Im gonna make some purple dry ice hash the scrissors had purple goo while trimming, only the leaves turned purple tho not so much for the calyxes,

I recommend using a trim pro rotor (rented it) for anyone that has large amounts of medium, small, and little nugs. It worked perfect on popcorn buds. Hand trim the big fat nugz and colas like an :artist:
I want to buy one but I think I talked my reg shop into buying one and renting it so I should get a premium discount when I need it.

Attachments

• SAM_1818.jpg
    SAM_1818.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1819.jpg
    SAM_1819.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_1815.jpg
    SAM_1815.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1820.jpg
    SAM_1820.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1796.jpg
    SAM_1796.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1798.jpg
    SAM_1798.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1805.jpg
    SAM_1805.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_1802.jpg
    SAM_1802.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1806.jpg
    SAM_1806.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1791.jpg
    SAM_1791.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
E

ekomsi

I added a gram of veg+bloom powder Per gallon of water in my ezcloners 100% of my cuts are rooted I think they can handle a little more soon. I killed some mother plant trees bc I didn't have any room to flower them :(

I will snap some pics when there is something to update on maybe transplant day.......

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi eskomsi I am excited for your grow! Great strains, I have a BlackRose and Purple Wreck going, they just got flipped.

Cant wait to see what you do with her :D

E

ekomsi

Day 1 of "Veg" or day 1 out the cloners

First pic is Black Rhino 1

Second pic is Black Rose 1

Then idk lol

I took 8 plants out of pots of Ocean Forrest soil and into the coco mix.

Does that mix look like yours DHF? Thats some chunky ass perlite lol.

Attachments

• SAM_1831.jpg
    SAM_1831.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1829.jpg
    SAM_1829.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_1825.jpg
    SAM_1825.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1830.jpg
    SAM_1830.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1832.jpg
    SAM_1832.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1837.jpg
    SAM_1837.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 14
  • SAM_1836.jpg
    SAM_1836.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1835.jpg
    SAM_1835.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1834.jpg
    SAM_1834.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1833.jpg
    SAM_1833.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
E

ekomsi

A big part of the "experiment" is the difference between 3 brands of coco coir fibers. I used all bagged coco,

16 dollars per 50L of Botinicare Ready Grow coco

22 dollars per 50L of Canna Coco

32 dollars per 50L of Gold Label Special Mix coco

All three were mixed at the same ratio per DHF's Rules

1/3 coco fibers, 1/3 coco croutons(these things are awesome,I can see many applications with this stuff), 1/3 chunky perlite.

DHF it seems like with this mix I will have to water more frequently then straight coco? It really feels and looks like a great medium, I expect hydro growth rates simillar to "my" ebb n grow growth rates!

That blue lab meter is reading 110ppm the ppm on .5ec scale, and 5.9 ph, and 73degrees Fereinheit. This is what my water was before I watered the plants (I phed it obvously to 5.9), after I watered run off was 300ppm and I dont remember the ph of the top my head but I was happy with it, around 6.0

Attachments

• SAM_1823.jpg
    SAM_1823.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1826.jpg
    SAM_1826.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
E

ekomsi

Hi eskomsi I am excited for your grow! Great strains, I have a BlackRose and Purple Wreck going, they just got flipped.

Cant wait to see what you do with her :D

Hey critter I would love to see your Black Rose and Purple Wreck, I want to start my Purple wreck real bad so pics of yours would be a nice subsititue for the moment.