What's new

Huge experiment using 50 plants, coco mix, blumats, 5400W, Heath Robinson strains

jang707

Hey eko, i am finally here. looking good other than the deficiencies you have/had going with your flowering room. I have always been told that hydro is way harder than soil, but i really think hydro is easier for me anyways.

E

ekomsi

Hey eko, i am finally here. looking good other than the deficiencies you have/had going with your flowering room. I have always been told that hydro is way harder than soil, but i really think hydro is easier for me anyways.

Hey Jang nice to see you here hope you enjoy the pics

Nice grow bro, always a pleasure to see someone growing Heath's beans. Best of luck:dance013:
Thanks Rampant, yeah Im excited about these heath beans, The black rose mother plants I grew from seed have been in flower around 2 maybe less, weeks and are already turning purple. Hope it looks like the herb on the front cover, I also have Cheisel, V3, Purple Wreck in seed form from heath,

E

ekomsi

The experiment is still vegging, prolly gonna go another 2 weeks take clones and flip, hoping for 9lbs off 9 600W lights 50 plants. I kinda wish I had 4 more girls in there, 6 plants per 600W looks perfect.

The pics of plants under the MH look good sorry about the hps light pics.

BRB with the 600W flowering small room.

Attachments

• SAM_1915.jpg
    SAM_1915.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1916.jpg
    SAM_1916.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1917.jpg
    SAM_1917.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1920.jpg
    SAM_1920.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1921.jpg
    SAM_1921.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1927.jpg
    SAM_1927.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1926.jpg
    SAM_1926.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1924.jpg
    SAM_1924.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1922.jpg
    SAM_1922.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1919.jpg
    SAM_1919.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 14
E

ekomsi

Black Rose :woohoo:

Attachments

• SAM_1958.jpg
    SAM_1958.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1968.jpg
    SAM_1968.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1955.jpg
    SAM_1955.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 14
  • SAM_1953.jpg
    SAM_1953.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1952.jpg
    SAM_1952.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_1966.jpg
    SAM_1966.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1979.jpg
    SAM_1979.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1961.jpg
    SAM_1961.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_1960.jpg
    SAM_1960.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_1959.jpg
    SAM_1959.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 14
E

ekomsi

Some more pics, the two pics before the dry nug shots are the 2 different Black Rhino Phenos not sure if they will purp up at all?

The dry nug shots is what im smoking on its some nypd

Attachments

• SAM_1968.jpg
    SAM_1968.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 22
  • SAM_1979.jpg
    SAM_1979.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1964.jpg
    SAM_1964.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1975.jpg
    SAM_1975.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1980.jpg
    SAM_1980.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1970.jpg
    SAM_1970.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_1972.jpg
    SAM_1972.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_1946.jpg
    SAM_1946.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SAM_1940.jpg
    SAM_1940.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 13

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice ekomsi!! Black Rose looks proper. Mine are starting to swell...ill do a pic update soon. The wreck has like pinkish purpleish inner buds. Hope your rhino turns purp if not thats good too....Strong :D Grow on bro

E

ekomsi

Thanks everyone hope for some purple dank in the next 6 to 8 weeks before my main flower room is ready.

Is it true for most people that straight purp gets more money per oz then dank aaa green? That's what I'm hoping for anyways, not often I see purp like the homepage if Icmag.

D

DHF

There`s a distinct difference between genetically bred purple strains like Heath did with Balck Russian and Purple Shiva Skunk for the pheno`s that came about as the Black Rose.......and.....

Plants that`s color up with lower lights off temps that kill chlorophyll in late flower and exhibit underlying "anthocyanin" production that`s inherent in all pot plants to a certain degree...but....

Looks like the Black Rhino`s gonna be a green pheno if there`s already budset and no colors are jumpin out..... but....there`s still time to see changes.....and....

It ain`t over till the fat lady sings Bro , so hang in there with the killer work..and.....Once stretch is completely over.....

Start takin off all the fanleaves that have a stem ..gradually over a several day period so as not to shock the plants...but...

Keep doin so till the only 1`s left on em are the 1 leafer`s juttin out the colas till end of cycle and it`ll make yas happy........

Keep on dialin Ismoke....Good luck and....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

E

ekomsi

Exactly DHF, thanks for the word anthocyanin that exactly what my NYPD does with cooler temps late in flower, I was looking for pure breed purple phenos and the black rose so far is exactly what I wanted to pay for so im pretty happy.

I plan on trying out a gradual slow deffoliation with the BR in flower.

I once tried Deleafing a plant all at once after the stretch was over ended up being a failure and loss of yeild for me imho. I will deff do it to my small room and then my main room if all goes well.

E

ekomsi

So i was having problems dialing in the blumat sensors, 12 of the 50 blumats had no water in the cone, I decided to take all the blumats out of the pots filled them back up under water and soaked over night, re dialed them back in and hopefull its smooth sailing from here.

I also decided the cheap ass trays are worthless, better off to get a sturdier trays because the thin clear plastic ones break very easy! Went out a got the sturdy green trays.

d3cryption

Veteran
Now all you have to do is get them blumats in check... you already smooth sailing.... keep up the good work..

E

ekomsi

Thanks decryption, I should mention when cloning these girls were under 24hrs light, ever since being in the big room they have been under 20 hrs on 4 hrs off, yesterday I dropped the light cycle to 18hrs on and 6 hrs off. I plan on keeping at 18on 6 off for the next 2 to 3 weeks before changing it to 12/12

St3ve

Thanks decryption, I should mention when cloning these girls were under 24hrs light, ever since being in the big room they have been under 20 hrs on 4 hrs off, yesterday I dropped the light cycle to 18hrs on and 6 hrs off. I plan on keeping at 18on 6 off for the next 2 to 3 weeks before changing it to 12/12

Sounds like a good plan.. depending on how your growth is you could always go 18/6 to 16/8 to 14/10 to 12/12 also. Saves a little on stretch and electricity.

But its a moot point if you need the growth, as it will slow the growth a little.

E

ekomsi

Im gonna keep it at 18/6 till flip, man they blew up the last two days, since adding the blumats, grew a couple inches for sure, but at the same time I watered with a 1.3EC, no cal mag just vegbloom powder and drip clean before I inserted the blumats and I now 2 days later noticed early onset of a magnesium deff. Added 4ml per galoon of calmag to bump my ec up to 1.6-1.7 see what happens.......... Im thinking about changing products, havent been able to keep the girls super green but then agian I have 9 strains and 7 phenos of Black Rose and 2 phenos of Black Rhino, there is a noticable difference between the the two black rhino phenos, one is a straight up indica it stays short with super close internodes never seen anything like it before, so far its not living up to the hype I had hoped for, the other pheno on the other hand is very much impressing me!!! Black Rhino #2 us funkys, smells super sour already at 2,5 weeks, starting to form nice heavy very white colas, but also has a pink hue unlike BR#1 which is the only plant so far not to turn purple to some degree. Black Rhino #2 also is a lot faster vegger and stretches a little more when flipped.

Thats my take on the 2 different Black Rhino Phenos (White Rhino x Black Rose)

What up Ekomsi?! Black Rose is looking proper! That is some real color right there, does she reek? I was noticing the other ladies you had were looking pale and underfed. I had this issue too and it was because I was afraid of hitting them harder. Don't forget there is a shit ton of ca/Mg in Veg+Bloom, you just need to run your EC higher until they green up and get that platinum look. I have a buddy in Canna coco using the v+B and his gear is daaannnkkk. I'd hit them with a heavy dose of v+b, like 1.8EC. until they get niiiice and green and then back it down a few points and keep it consistent from there through finish. One thing I've learned over the past 6-8 months is how simple nutes are, at least when you are using one thing!