What's new

how would bruce lee fare in UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG JT

Steve segal is badass, not only cause he can fuck anyone up, but because hes also a really good german shepherd trainer

Scrogerman

Veteran
Bruce would of got his little ass kicked, he didnt do jujitsu did he, he was an actor plain n simple, ive never understood the hype, & i was born in the era & grew up when he was at his most priominant, I did alot of boxing when i was a kid, different game i know, but i know when see an actor & Bruce was one of the best martial arts actors thats ever been. As for all the BS that surrounds his invincibility, he was know where near im affraid & today he wouldnt of last 30 seconds in a UFC cage, no fking way, guy was an actor plain n simple! Actors lol, wouldnt last a minute in the ring, that goes for all/most of em!
Still i loved all the movies, BigBoss, ETD, etc etc, great at what he did & made everyone believe they could do it too lol, thats what made him great for me!

Anyone who believes the Bruce lee was 'Rock Hard' theory is living a fantasy, his listed so-called fights/feats of strength etc were a show & nothing but a show, id expect nothing less from a wannabe Hollywood Actor from Hong Kong or where-ever he hailed from. Me ive never believed anything different, Bruce is like a Greek God, he is Mythilogical, he made everybody believe, he was lightning fast & maybe powerfull, you could see this in his physique, no doubt about it! But as for being a 'Tough Guy', i truly believe he was not, at all!
Most of you guys believe, & thats a tribute to the man himself, what a guy, entertained me many a day!

Whomever mentioned 'Wing Chun' Kung-Fu certainly knows a real nasty form of self-defence/attack, lethal & made for close contact with devestating efficiency. Fast &*Fierce as Fk!

Last edited:
E

el dub

quote from wikipedia ....

Bob Wall, USPK karate champion and Lee's co-star in Enter the Dragon, recalled one encounter that transpired after a film extra kept taunting Lee. The extra yelled that Lee was "a movie star, not a martial artist," that he "wasn't much of a fighter". Lee answered his taunts by asking him to jump down from the wall he was sitting on. Wall described Lee's opponent as "a gang-banger type of guy from Hong Kong," a "damned good martial artist," and observed that he was fast, strong, and bigger than Bruce.[47]
This kid was good. He was strong and fast, and he was really trying to punch Bruce's brains in. But Bruce just methodically took him apart.[48] Bruce kept moving so well, this kid couldn't touch him...then all of a sudden, Bruce got him and rammed his ass with the wall and swept him up, proceeding to drop him and plant his knee into his opponent's chest, locked his arm out straight, and nailed him in the face repeatedly". — Bob Wall[49]

bentom187

Veteran
STATS for comparison -sources wiki/dao of JKD /art of expressing the human body

measurments: 24yrs 140 lbs 5'8
lineage:wing chun -Ip man
wong shun leung
william cheung

JKD -bruce lee

some accomplishments -beat 3x champ british boxxer gary elms K-O in 3rd round used wing chun
multiple gang and unestabblished fights
KO'd "uechi" ajapanese black belt karataekain 11 seconds in full contact match 15 hits 1 kick
the rest of his fights could be desputed by either side

physical feats- 1 finger or thumb only push-ups
holding a 75 lb dumbell out infront of him joints locked for several seconds
sending individuals who outway him by 100 lbs 15 feet through the air with his 1inch punch
side kicks sent 300lbs bags into the ceiling
bl064.jpg

bl065.jpg

bl066.jpg

bl067.jpg

bl070.jpg

bl072.jpg

bl073.jpg

bentom187

Veteran
I say when somone shows me what talent a ufc fighter has that isnt caveman in comparison to bruce lee, then that fighter would stand half a chance

bentom187

Veteran
now with that said,i gotta let you know that even though bruce is the most well rounded and talented fighter recentley,their have been better fighters much better,and in recent times i could give a few examples of great fighters also that if you seen them you wouldnt have a doubt about how their prowess in the ring or otherwise would be.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
It is real...but to me there's no art to it. It's just sloppy fighting if you ask me.

MMA fighters have to train multiple forms of fighting. So of course they are going to look "sloppy" compared to boxers ect. They can't simply just train strikes all day. But if a boxer stepped in the octagon with a MMA fighter, they would get dominated.

When you really start to understand what is happening in MMA fights, you appreciate it a lot more and it doesn't look sloppy.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
This thread is funny.

Bruce Lee, time machine, modern ufc? Doubtful.

Bruce Lee, training all his life? who knows? History would be different. Most of today's MMA fighters are students of Bruce Lee and his ideas. If he was just coming up now, who knows if there would even BE such a thing as the UFC?

supermanlives

Veteran
ha ha ha. when and young and in jail i spent time researching all about him. he was quite complex. diet , exersize, ect. and having a foster parent that had got with him in the ring for some sparring once. and this was a well known bouncer with scarrs and bullet wounds. that said he was the man. he said he had never been hit so hard and bruce was only playing

ddrew

Veteran
In the book that Bruce Lee wrote 'The Tao of Jeet Kune Do' he states "most Americans schooled in Boxing and Wrestling could beat any Traditional Martial Artist practicing at the time." Which is what he came to think through experience.

Here's another quote: "A man with one year training in boxing and wrestling can beat any martial artist with 15 years of experience" -Bruce Lee

So do you think Lee is wrong?

Here's what bruce lee himself thought about wrestlers/boxers VS martial artists.^^^^^

Bruce said that, your hero.

He was human like the rest of us, and he would get crushed and many tears would flow from all his fans that thought he could walk on water.

Go back through this thread from the beginning, the anti bruce side has taken apart every argument in detail, the one inch punch, the one finger push up, the straight arm bar hold, etc...

I don't feel like going back and quoting them all, but they are there for anyone who wants to read a little
Lots of vids of many people doing his so called "impossible feats" too.

I loved his movies, greatest MA actor ever

W

wiseone

Don't know if it's been said, but research Enter the Dragon. They had to slow the camera speed DOWN in order to capture Bruce on film. He was to fast.
Yes he was an actor, he was a child actor in Hong Kong films way before he started in martial arts. But he was also a superb fighter whose skills, conditioning, and most of all his determination made him a very tough opponent.
I don't watch this stuff on tv simply because it's nothing more than a professional street fight. Would I get in the ring...Hell NO!. But I'd put my next harvest and paycheck on Bruce if this was him back in the day.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i've been a fan of bruce's for years, since i saw him as kato ... he really started my interest in martial arts (i had studied judo for a bit before i first saw him). took wing chun, jkd, bjj, silat under a guy who studied under dan inosanto and crew. read a lot about bruce.

the comment about him that sticks in my mind was from chuck norris, when asked about bruce he said that he was a tremendous learner. you showed him something he'd never seen before, he'd go away for a few days, you'd get back together and he'd have it down almost perfect. you know how the guys that are the best are *always* practicing and trying things out, like hendrix or eddie van halen on guitar, hours practicing or jamming? he was like that, plus he was an absolute health freak, fast and yes, talented in martial arts. he would have been formidable, *in his weight class*.

a lot of talented, tough guys were impressed by him ... norris, joe lewis, mike stone ... man, am i dating myself LOL :)

ddrew

Veteran
When it comes to talking about bruce, it's like talking about Jesus with some people, "he can do anything" and they don't want to hear anyone say anything different.

It's the grandest illusions that die the hardest.

W

wiseone

When it comes to talking about bruce, it's like talking about Jesus with some people, "he can do anything" and they don't want to hear anyone say anything different.

It's the grandest illusions that die the hardest.

No, everyone is vulnerable and can be beat. But he was a superb fighter. Could he get his ass kicked? sure.......
A perfect example would be Mike Tyson. For years people feared him. The one punch maniac. Could not be beat. Then one day a friend of mine showed me a video and was like watch, this is how Tyson will lose. Any idea? When he put his "knockout punch" into motion he came off both feet for a split second. He was exposed to whatever came his way. And sure enough folks learned that weakness and Mike, like others, fell.
I also tell folks who say they have never lost a fight "Either you have never been in a fight, or you haven't fought anyone worth fighting yet" There's always someone who can beat someone else.

In the ring under the UFC/IFC/MMA rules he might have a problem until he got used to what he could and could not do. But if they were to fight Bruce straight up with no ref, ring, etc. No Contest.....Nothing more to say. It would have been Bruce. Most cage fighter are vulnerable in one area...the groin. They never protect it

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Don't worry. Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee ain't got nothing on Spiderman! He can lift like, buses and plus he has webs and stuff.

Don't forget santa claus! He's magic!

And Jesus!

bentom187

Veteran
how or what could i state that wont be met with "vandelay could get him in this move and destroy him" .

we could be at this hypothetical game all we want but the truth is none of them are ever going to meet up with bruce lee.
so any situation you come up with will be hypothetical. and you can make up any outcome you want,but the deciding factors have to do with training and motivation and ,rule and regulations cause its a sport we are concidering here
my deciding factor is training and types of training that a ufc guy will never get unless they seek out a master,so to me they are incomplete as far as martial arts go.

Chomp

Bruce would kill guys like Leonard Garcia, The Korean Zombie, or any other brawler I think....I've been wrong many times before though...:canabis:

:smokey:Chomp

Status
Not open for further replies.