What's new

how would bruce lee fare in UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddy fingaz

Because Bruce Lee was small, lacked take down defense and lacked a solid ground game. Could he stand up with some of the lesser strikers in the UFC? Sure. Once the fight went to the ground it would be done and over in viscious fashion. This is against fellow 135ers. Let alone 145+ where he would simple get man handled as expected. I'm not sure what the issue is; why can't people simply say things change and be done with it. His level of dedication, athletic ability etc would surely make him a contender in modern MMA but to say he could take his limited skill set(meaning little MODERN cross training) and dominate BIGGER opponents is ludacris and is just the product of people wanting to hold him in legendary status for something he wasn't. The man was not a professional fighter.

hold on bro, all i said is there is no reason he cudnt do well at 135lbs IF he did some cross training eg. learnt grappling in some form, can you please explain to me why he couldnt!?

Salvataggio

Lee was in peak human physical condition all his life. Always training and working out. Those MMA dudes are just fatass showmen.

Applesauce

I didn't say he couldn't aquire the skills in Boxing, Wrestling, BJJ etc to make a mark in current high level MMA. If he could or not I can't say obviously. There is no way to say how one would transition but he would quite clearly have a better chance than the average person. Would he excel? Who knows. I have to laugh as I skimmed by the first few pages and read that he could "cause internal bleeding with any strike." WHAT!? Mike Tyson's punching power would knock Brucee Lee's head off and even he didn't go around exploding peoples livers and hearts in the ring.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Seagal is a complete and utter f**king joke, and I still say my mom could kick his ass easy.
He was the biggest self invented hack to ever come down the hollywood martial arts movie line. Total f**king clown

Steven Seagal began training karate at the age of 7 under Fumio Demura, and later began practising aikido in the late 1960s at the Orange County Aikikai in California under Harry Ishisaka.
Seagal Sensei received his 1st Dan from Koichi Tohei in Orange County in the summer of 1974 and traveled to Japan shortly thereafter at the tender age of 19. Seagal separated from Tohei's organization and assumed direction of the Aikikai-Hombu affiliated Tenshin Aikido Dojo in Osaka which was owned by his Japanese wife's parents.

He was rapidly promoted to 5th Dan in consideration of his position as chief instructor of the dojo, and his natural aptness in the art, and was eventually awarded his 6th Dan.

Steven Seagal currently holds a 7th Dan granted by the Aikikai and trains out of his home with his senior students, who in turn operate the dojos in Los Angeles and Taos. Seagal Sensei also has a school in Ventura, California under Larry Reynosa Sensei. Reynosa Sensei has trained with Steven Seagal for 11 years, holds the rank of Yondan (4th degree black belt) and is a direct disciple of Steven Seagal Shihan. He has sworn his allegiance, loyalty, and love to him and his style of Aikido. Ten years ago, Seagal Sensei honored Reynosa Sensei with the name "Makato" which means "sincere heart" in Japanese. Therefore, the school is also called Makoto Dojo. Seagal Sensei is a priest of the Omoto-Kyo sect, as was O'Sensei. Seagal Sensei's name in Aikido circles is Take Shigemichi, meaning pathway to Prosperity.

ddrew

Veteran
You can believe all the Steven Seagal Self generated hype you want, the guy is a joke.
Have you ever seen a pic of seagal with his shirt off? The great physical master that he is supposed to be? Why not? Fat pot bellied stick armed joke.
When he first showed up in Hollywood it was said that he told people that he had done "black op" "favors" for the CIA and all this other crap he made up about himself.
Also, you would never see bruce running around with a bunch of gay ass obvious hair plugs like seagal.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
You can believe all the Steven Seagal Self generated hype you want, the guy is a joke.
Have you ever seen a pic of seagal with his shirt off? The great physical master that he is supposed to be? Why not? Fat pot bellied stick armed joke...
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Also, you would never see bruce running around with a bunch of gay ass obvious hair plugs like seagal.

Amen brother, preach on! :yeahthats

obZen

WTF?

Bruce Lee pulled out Chuck Norris chest hair in a fight. Are you serious?

Steven Seagal would whip his ass from here to Hong Kong, while making a mean cheese omlette.

xlatit

I think I found this on some sites that someone was looking at earlier hahahah:
http://www.spike.com/blog/top-7-awesome-things/74800

Its called The Top Seven Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Steven Seagal

"Legend (Seagal) has it that while living in Japan and training in aikido he adopted a stray white dog. A few days later the dog began barking at him and brought his attention to the fact that his dojo was on fire. Seagal got help and successfully extinguished the fire, but the dog was nowhere to be found. He never saw this mystical white dog again."

boxmunch9

poor bruce would get put into a coma. alot of people do not know that bruce lee wasnt actually a good fighter. he is an actor/stunt man, like jackie chan. 5'6'' 135lbs guys, even well trained really are only tough fighting other 135lbs dudes

ddrew

Veteran
Old bump time.

I was just talking about this thread with another member here, it's one of my favorites, so I thought I would give it a bump, and see if anyone new wants to talk about how bad Bruce Lee would get his ass kicked if he was in todays UFC.

If we could transport him from the past, in his prime, and he had to follow the current UFC rules, (no death blows Bruce) I honestly believe the the top ten guys in his weight class would beat him fairly easily, and the bigger guys would absolutely crush him.

But I've stated that many times already in this thread, just thought it would be fun to hear from some new people, I know there is one for sure I want to hear from.

SmokinErb

Depends. Are we talking about just VS any fighter? If that's the case I'd say 95% of them would destroy Lee.

Bruce Lee was 160 lbs. So if we're talking about cutting weight and limiting it to only 150lb fighters, I'd assume he'd be a top contender, but not a belt holder.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Coming in with just his Jeet Kune Do, Bruce gets molested. But knowing how seriously he took fighting combined with his athletic prowess, he would master a variety of styles and become a deadly mixed martial artist and champion of his division.

ddrew

Veteran
Coming in with just his Jeet Kune Do, Bruce gets molested. But knowing how seriously he took fighting combined with his athletic prowess, he would master a variety of styles and become a deadly mixed martial artist and champion of his division.
For sake of discussion I assume that we are talking about Bruce at his prime in his day(and skill level at that time) against the current fighters.

I definitely think if he had five years to train with todays evolved styles that he would be competitive.

S

stickey fingers

in a real fight, bruce would win ! with out a dought ! mma is only a fight style, that is good, but not that pratical in a real fight, eyes, throat, groin, mma is hype and is no different than any other style of fighting, the question should be how would BRUCE have
done in the wwe.
BRUCE LEE IS THE GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME !!!!!!!!!
RIP DR JAY

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Ah! Well then, I stick with my first statement. One fighting style< Many fighting styles combined. He would be taken to the ground and molested. He'd have Jose Aldo to contend with at featherweight and Frankie Edgar at lightweight.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
in a real fight, bruce would win ! with out a dought ! mma is only a fight style, that is good, but not that pratical in a real fight, eyes, throat, groin, mma is hype and is no different than any other style of fighting, the question should be how would BRUCE have
done in the wwe.
BRUCE LEE IS THE GREATEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME !!!!!!!!!
RIP DR JAY

Mixed martial arts is the combination of many styles and considering that people like Bas Rutten, Roger Huerta, Alistair Overeem, WarMachine, et al. have all DOMINATED people in street/bar fights, I disagree with your statements... respectfully, of course. :tiphat: Now if we're talking K-1 kick boxing, I think Bruce would be dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts