What's new

how would bruce lee fare in UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Bruce Lee would own anyone, besides Chuck Norris. Nobody fucks with Chuck Norris...

Bruce Lee would rip out a handful of Chuck's chest hair and then break his neck, just like in Return Of The Dragon.

bentom187

Veteran
I doubt Bruce Lee would get his ass handed to him. Have you ever heard of Bruce's one inch punch? He exhibited it in a martial arts exhibition back in the 60's. There was a master there that had claimed he had perfected his art such that he could not be pushed off his feet. He would let challenger after challenger come and try and each would fail. Then Bruce Lee comes up. Positions his fist one inch from the masters chest and without drawing back first, hit's him with the one inch punch hard enough that the guy flys back thru the air several feet, falls into a chair he had behind him, causing the chair to flip over and they guy to go sprawling for several more feet. Bruce was quoting as saying, "I don't push, I punch"

The thing is though Bruce Lee would never be in a UFC match. He wasn't interested in tournaments and competitions to promote himself. So just stop with this nonsense of he'd have to do this and that, he'd have to fight their way, with their rules etc. Now you're trying to tie his hands and put him in the favored environment of a potential competitor.

The intial question should have been more along the lines of: In a street fight who would win Bruce Lee or your favorite UFC fighter. Or maybe, who has better overall real world fighting skills, Bruce Lee or your favorite UFC fighter? I mean to say something like you'll pull him from his past and he'd have to fight UFC rules against guys fighting and training by those rules for years. Is just stacking the odds unfairly against him. I mean let's switch gears and imagine how well these UFC guys would do if they were taken to the past to some Shaolin Temple and forced to fight Shaolin Monks by the Monks rules and in only the style the Monks use. The UFC guys would fail miserably.

thank you.

HempKat

Veteran
Bruce would of got his little ass kicked, he didnt do jujitsu did he, he was an actor plain n simple, ive never understood the hype, & i was born in the era & grew up when he was at his most priominant, I did alot of boxing when i was a kid, different game i know, but i know when see an actor & Bruce was one of the best martial arts actors thats ever been. As for all the BS that surrounds his invincibility, he was know where near im affraid & today he wouldnt of last 30 seconds in a UFC cage, no fking way, guy was an actor plain n simple! Actors lol, wouldnt last a minute in the ring, that goes for all/most of em!
Still i loved all the movies, BigBoss, ETD, etc etc, great at what he did & made everyone believe they could do it too lol, thats what made him great for me!

Anyone who believes the Bruce lee was 'Rock Hard' theory is living a fantasy, his listed so-called fights/feats of strength etc were a show & nothing but a show, id expect nothing less from a wannabe Hollywood Actor from Hong Kong or where-ever he hailed from. Me ive never believed anything different, Bruce is like a Greek God, he is Mythilogical, he made everybody believe, he was lightning fast & maybe powerfull, you could see this in his physique, no doubt about it! But as for being a 'Tough Guy', i truly believe he was not, at all!
Most of you guys believe, & thats a tribute to the man himself, what a guy, entertained me many a day!

Whomever mentioned 'Wing Chun' Kung-Fu certainly knows a real nasty form of self-defence/attack, lethal & made for close contact with devestating efficiency. Fast &*Fierce as Fk!

Wing Chun was the style Bruce Lee started training in as a child when he was still in China. Long before Bruce Lee became a Hollywood Actor he was perfecting and teaching Martial Arts. What he did in the movies were determined by people like Raymond Chow and Fred Weintraub who were producers of the movies Bruce Lee did.

bentom187

Veteran
Heard of him? He's one of my faves at the moment. He needs to work on his stand-up and cardio and put all that other esoteric shit on pause.

EDIT: Someone didn't read the thread.

esoteric? it may seem that way but to train properly and to train for real combat thats what it takes,and you prove my point by saying that it isnt when it actually is,because most MMA fans are just that fans and dont understand anything besides ,ground and pound,stand up, muy thai,there just sound bites from joe rogan.

now onto what HK said ,hes right its completley immoral and no master would sell his health or hurt another living being for fame or money,its morality nothing more.so yes this whole question was flawed to begin with.

HempKat

Veteran
Here's what bruce lee himself thought about wrestlers/boxers VS martial artists.^^^^^

Bruce said that, your hero.

He was human like the rest of us, and he would get crushed and many tears would flow from all his fans that thought he could walk on water.

Go back through this thread from the beginning, the anti bruce side has taken apart every argument in detail, the one inch punch, the one finger push up, the straight arm bar hold, etc...

I don't feel like going back and quoting them all, but they are there for anyone who wants to read a little
Lots of vids of many people doing his so called "impossible feats" too.

I loved his movies, greatest MA actor ever

I wonder what the rest of the context was? Was Bruce making a statement about Martial Arts in America? I mean come on, consider the time. In the 70's wrestling and boxing were different then now. I seriously doubt Bruce meant that any American with one year of boxing/wrestling could beat any martial artist with 15 years experience. You got to understand one of the big things Bruce Lee was fighting against in those days was racism and prejudice between whites and orientals. Alledgedly much of the conflicts he had with other Martial Art Masters was that he would teach everything to White Students. Traditionally white students were either not taught or taught less. Kind of like how when you go to a chinese restaurant, all that Kung Pao Chicken, Moo Sho Pork, General Tso's chicken, etc. that's for American's you seldom see Chinese people eating those dishes. In fact many Chinese restaurants have seperate menues in chinese for Chinese customers and there's nothing like Kung Pao Chicken on those menues.

As for arguements, how do you take apart an exercise such as one finger push ups? Can we downgrade Brock Lesnar because other people can do the same kinds of exercises that made him strong? The one inch punch is well documented

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS6aMdskKSo

So how do you take it apart? I mean yeah, okay, if some Bruce Lee Fan is saying, "Yeah Bruce Lee was invincible because he had a one inch punch" then I could maybe see where you're coming from. All the one inch punch tells you though is that the man had alot more power then normal for a man his size. All the finger push-ups tell you is he had strong fingers. In martial arts there is a technique called the Iron Fist. Most of it is conditioning where the person developing it repeatedly jabs his hands into heated pans of sand at first, then gravel and then rock repectively as the hands toughen over time. I've seen demonstrations of this where someone who has developed this technique use his bare hand like a hammer to drive a nail thru a board. I'm sure someone like this could do one finger push ups all day long.

HempKat

Veteran
When it comes to talking about bruce, it's like talking about Jesus with some people, "he can do anything" and they don't want to hear anyone say anything different.

It's the grandest illusions that die the hardest.

Oh so now you're going to stereotype everyone who says something positive about Bruce Lee? Bruce Lee couldn't "do anything". Like for example, he couldn't defy death. Although he did defy doctors who told him after a back injury he would never walk or do martial arts again. He couldn't end prejudice in Hollywood although he did improve it. Did you know the show that made David Carradine, Kung Fu. That was largely Bruce Lee's concept but when it came to casting the turned Bruce Lee down saying he was "too chinese".

You seem to think and speak well of UFC fighters, should I start putting words in your mouth and say you think UFC fighters can do anything just because you seem to like them? Seems to me that you have this image of how badass UFC fighters are and reject anything that disrupts that fantasy image you hold of them. Such as the notion of them being beaten by Bruce Lee.

vaped

All this talk is crazy Few fights on the real world status last longer than a minute but thats just a real fight . some one is nocked out or hurt. real fights are way more brutal than a U.F.C or random cage match could ever be. teeth do come out and my last one I shaterd a guys radial bone around his eye. To may people buy tv and the movies. If you blast someone in the face shit splits open and bones break. If you get really good hits in you shouldnt be able to get many before it is felonious. In the real world kicks almost always never make it in a fight. They are effective but almost never used. Mainly because if your target is far enough away to get a kick on he is trying to get away. Let him go hes a bitch. anyways if he is farther than knees distance away and you arent landing blows somthing is wrong.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
esoteric? it may seem that way but to train properly and to train for real combat thats what it takes,and you prove my point by saying that it isnt when it actually is,because most MMA fans are just that fans and dont understand anything besides ,ground and pound,stand up, muy thai,there just sound bites from joe rogan.

now onto what HK said ,hes right its completley immoral and no master would sell his health or hurt another living being for fame or money,its morality nothing more.so yes this whole question was flawed to begin with.

I'm not claiming to be the final authority on MMA however I do know what cost Barry his fight against Cro-cop. And further, Joe Rogan has more knowledge of, not only MMA, but all martial arts than anyone on this or most internet boards. Expert level, firsthand experience.
And finally, I didn't read every post that HK made but if you agree that Lee wouldn't compete I guess you missed the part where he "allegedly" has a boxing record.

HempKat

Veteran
Heard of him? He's one of my faves at the moment. He needs to work on his stand-up and cardio and put all that other esoteric shit on pause.

EDIT: Someone didn't read the thread.

Really? Maybe most of the stuff from 2009 was just crap, not worth reading?

bentom187

Veteran
I'm not claiming to be the final authority on MMA however I do know what cost Barry his fight against Cro-cop. And further, Joe Rogan has more knowledge of, not only MMA, but all martial arts than anyone on this or most internet boards. Expert level, firsthand experience.
And finally, I didn't read every post that HK made but if you agree that Lee wouldn't compete I guess you missed the part where he "allegedly" has a boxing record.

well its a gap in his training, thats all. i dont understand it cause he was a philosiphy major in college.

HempKat

Veteran

If he has a record it was established before he became a master. Bentom187 was making the point that most masters would not enter into a UFC competition for moral reasons. See Wing Chun is a form of Shaolin Martial Arts. For the Shaolin, Martial Arts was more then just fighting. It was also art, medicine, and many other things. It was a religion and a way of life. Most Westerners never understood and many still don't understand this aspect of Kung Fu. All they see is the fancy and formidable fighting styles where size and strength aren't the determining factors of who wins a fight.

HempKat

Veteran
The "crap" that you're referring to is the point. You're repeating it.

No the crap is that a one inch punch or a one finger push up can be taken apart as some myth that made Bruce Lee more then he was. The only people that ever thought that his one inch punch meant anything more then he was stronger then he appeared, were idiots that failed to understand what was being said.

What I'm repeating are well documented facts. Not someone's feeble attempts to keep their dream image of UFC alive.

ddrew

Veteran
Hemp, I'm really surprised a smart guy like you would accept the greatly exaggerated myth of bruce lee and his abilities at face value.

Go back through the thread before you speak, I have posted vids of many people doing the one finger/thumb pushup, do a google search, there are hundreds of them, same thing for that weak ass one inch punch,. I have a vid posted of that too.
As well as my documented background as a high school and college wrestler, along with past and current pics(with little personal signs to verify they are real and current.)

There are also posts from members here who fight UFC style fighting expierence, and they all agree with me.
Bruce would getting beaten easily by many people.

It comes down to the people who support bruce having no first hand fighting/wrestling experience what so ever, and instead believe everything they hear and see in movies.

Hemp you're right about a lot of stuff, but in this case you are wrong.

DO me a favor and go back to page one and read through this thread and then come back tell me what you have to say then.
I have supported everything I've said in detail within this thread when it was new.
And I would appreciate you having a look before you just dismiss what I say out of hand.
I know a bit about your background hemp, you're not a fighter, what you're saying is hearsay, and second hand info at best.

ddrew

Veteran
Let me start quoting the people here with actual experience, and not the boatload of "armchair athletes" who are hugging bruces nuts like there is no tomorrow

To all the peole who are saying "UFC" fighting is sloppy you need to be schooled. First off UFC is a company not an art form. MMA is the art and it's the most evolved useable fighting style on earth. Anyone who says it is sloppy has obviously never been in a cage before. There is a lot that looks sloppy but rolling is a chess match if you happen to know what you're watching. I'd put up a 15 year old thai boy against Bruce anyday. Bruce would be owned.

Here's a souvenier from my last fight.
picture.php

P.S to whoever was bragging about knowing Wing Chun or whatever, great... you learned how to dance.

ddrew

Veteran
Unlike yourself I'm not one of the little bitchs that hides behind there PC making big claims.

Here's my pics Jr, with a note saying hi to you little man.
I'm 43 now and this is what I look like 185, very lean, very strong, in my prime I was almost twice this size.
Here's my pics, posted as a result of someone saying I didn't know what I was talking about, and had no experience.

I still look like a conditioned wrestler in my forties, because I never stopped training.
Amateur wrestling is something I know in and out, bruce would be crushed.(not saying by me though)

Edit: I guess the pics didn't follow the quote as they are attachments, anyway, here's a link to the post that contains them
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2402195&postcount=249
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2402289&postcount=257

HempKat

Veteran
hard qigong (chi gong) is what your reffering to. i never mentioned any of this earlier cause its not what bruce practiced as far as i know,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX8mGt0K_JI&feature=related

Well all the "amazing" acts associated with martial arts is a matter of developing and focusing your chi or inner energy. In that sense Bruce Lee and every other martial artist does practice something akin to the video in your link. You are correct however that Bruce didn't practice any of that sort of stuff to the extreme the monks do, at least not as part of his normal routine. He did however experiment alot in ways to push himself harder and further then would be considered humanly normal. Many think that is what led to his brain aneurysm.

Was that in reference to my comment about the Iron Fist trainning? If so that was to make a point not to say Bruce Lee engaged in that. I'm not sure where the origins of that actually are. It's intent is to toughen the hands up so they're like iron, hence the name. In the movie Enter the Dragon, on Hans Insland when they show the outdoor exercise sessions they show some clips of this technique with guys jamming their hands into heated pans of sand and stone. The point being that it is possible to condition the body to do seemingly superhuman things but it doesn't make the person a superhuman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts