What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Reveg

PHANTOM

Nice thread meduser.

lots of good info. I`m only 2 and a half weeks into flower but I`m thinking about doing this for sure:joint:

PEACE.

PHANTOM:smoweed:

G

The plant on the right is revegged hydro. This is an aquaponic system. the guy just cut the plant back to 4 wee buds just like the example used in this thread but he didn't touch the roots.

Too too long imo, same time he revegged that I grew one out from seed 4 times the size.

But! You got one of those plants you gotta keep, and no clones - Yay for reveg!

Very solid sticky buds on this wee reveg. We're both of the opinion it may be more potent as it is now an older plant.

G

keeporegongreen said:
I dont mean to rain on anyone's parade... but wouldnt it be 10x easier to just take a clone of the plant when you switch to 12/12? ---------------Anything past that I dont bother with - try to take cuts right when you flip!

It must be cool to be in your world, but in my world, I have a Blockhead and a Hashplant and my clones of the plants are not as healthy as I'd like to have them, so I will plan on revegging both in search of a better mom.

It's cool in my world too!

this is a great thread... i never knew i could regen mothers without cloning. really saves me the hassle of creating two micro grows... one for a clone room one for flowering... now i could potentially just go straight through with one room then reveg the same females. ill probably set up the double room and clone to maximize time... but still.... im saving this page and will definitely attempt this with either the white berry ice cream or dsd from rez i plan on micro growing

i was bored and wandering around and found this very good thread. i have lost several AMAZING plants because i tried to reveg but i didn't cut the roots back or repot them. after a month i didn't see anything that looked like new growth so i tossed them.

next time, i'll come back here and refresh my aging, pot saturated mind. knowing it can take longer than a month (depending on this, that and the other thing) helps. i hate wasting space. i'm pissed i didn't try harder to save those beasts. now i clone every single plant just in case. if you haven't been there, trust me, there is nothing like smoking the best tasting, best high, best looking lady ever and YOU DON'T HAVE A CLONE!!!!!!!!! ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

when i first started growing, like 12 years ago i was always very delicate with roots when transplanting. one day i just tore the crap out of them because they were in very tall but narrow pots and i was going to a much wider but shorter pot. they went wild in the new pots. my gf who had never seen a grow before was shocked. 20 plants went from fitting into a 2.5 x 2.5 foot closet to completly fill a 5.5 x 5.5 foot closet in about 3 weeks.

now, i always break open the root balls and spread them out flat then repot them. they fill a lot more of the middle of the soil.

love that weed eh boys and girls? :)

Last edited:
G

High! from Japan

High! from Japan

I want to ask a question, what is possible reason to fail reveg?
I tried to reveg but failed, lost very nice plant Sweet Tooth #3.
I doubt it'll recover from below picture's condition.

I can think of.... too much light 400w, strong nute (50% of lucas formula) or too much trim of rootball after harvesting (about size of a baseball).

about 30 days in 24/0

29800reveg.JPG

29800reveg2.JPG

Many help will welcome.

KindDreamz

Im no expert but it doesnt look like you left enough of the plant intact... a grow guide i read says to leave the bottom 1/3 of the plant (remove large buds), and leave fan leaves on the bottom and middle of the plant.

DreamMaster

When i reveg i use to leave a few lower branches with buds and all the leaves i can. The leaves are the way of surviving of a revegging plant. They'll provide oxigen, water (also), transpiration and the basic photosintesis needs of the plant untill she reverts to vegging state and carry on growing.
It looks like you should have left her more leaves and buds too...
Usually the new growth shoots out of the buds left on the plant.
I usually leave the last 4 branches. I only cut (not always) the big buds on each, and leave all the leaves and all the small buds. And i only trim a little of the rootball alround, with my bare hands, not pulling any root that seems strong.

Sorry if i got to long, i didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Peace.
DM

cosmo_

great post guys....I have an issue with my selection in reveg. One hermed so they all came down early ( ish) 8-9 weeks. They were all lucky dip from female so never sure what they were - but one was really orangy and 8/10 strength the other a monster cinnamon type and my fave was a Herer type - sticky as fuck- so Im not in a hurry to bin them.
Anyways I did like you guys above, though had no need to remove the root mass, but they have not really stopped flowering - even at 18/6.
My question is guys - should I let them go all the way to the end again or put them into 24/0 and try and let them veg. I have 5 lemon skunk from greenhouse popping right now - but havent the heart to bin these just yet.

Frogger

I wish my friends that grow outdoors would let me do this :badday:
Every time they show me some cool plant that they harvested:nono: I want to kick them in the ass :rant:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Here's my most recent reveg, a bagseed I grew out that had some really interesting characteristics.

Here she is not too long after she arrived back in the veg area, the one marked FFB.

And she's the one on the left in this pic.

G

DreamMaster said:
When i reveg i use to leave a few lower branches with buds and all the leaves i can. The leaves are the way of surviving of a revegging plant. They'll provide oxigen, water (also), transpiration and the basic photosintesis needs of the plant untill she reverts to vegging state and carry on growing.
It looks like you should have left her more leaves and buds too...
Usually the new growth shoots out of the buds left on the plant.
I usually leave the last 4 branches. I only cut (not always) the big buds on each, and leave all the leaves and all the small buds. And i only trim a little of the rootball alround, with my bare hands, not pulling any root that seems strong.

Sorry if i got to long, i didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Peace.
DM

I have found this also very important.

I also leave a couple small buds at the bottom of the plant and retain several large leaves to sustain and speed the transition process.

once some new leaves have grown in then the older stuff can and probably should be removed.

I cant remember the last plant that failed reveg since I began leaving at least leveral leaves to fuel the plant.

Rastatrue

Hey Now, This is a very informative thread. I never believed you could reveg a good plant and produce a productive mother. My only attempt took about 6-weeks. I ended up with 8 clones and a reflowering mother. The mother was finished first, so the cloneswere the left alone. I got my best harvest yet. Space & time are all that's needed. Think about it, it takes about 6 months for a growth cycle. By reveginning you cut down the time to 3-4 months. You come to understand how valuable one good plant is. You can make an almost unlimited supply of flowering plants from just one seed! Once you try it you'll see! Thanks to IC anybody can become a steady, strong producer of herb!

ShroominScooby

I have a question guys,
my girl is finishing up her flower and i was thinking about reveging her.
Right now she is in organic soil but time is of the essence. i have about 4 months or so and no more and im trying to veg for 2 months and then flower for 2 to get another small harvest off this girl before i move and have to start over. Previously ive been a hydro grower and this time, this girl is organic and i know hydro grows pritty damn fast so i was wondering if i could convert this girl to dro to speed up that recovery and veg her bigger. what do you all think?
or do you think she'll get too shocked? <-- thats what i was thinking

any input/suggestions???
thanks guys

-SS

Horst Bulau

Fantastic thread, thanks a lot!

I have my first proper grow flowering for three weeks now, have clones on the way,too. Now, with re-vegging and cloning it will be very efficient use of my grow spaces when properly thought out.

All the best girls only, oh yeah.

Jerry Maine

I have two grapefruit plants in flower that I want to keep, but my attempt at cloning them failed miserably, hehe, so I'm going to try a reveg. Female-seeds are out of grapefruit and I am planning a move anyhow so if I fail it's not a big deal, but I'd like to get another harvest or two out of them if possible and keep the last 4 skush seeds I have in reserve, since my seed vendor has stopped selling and I don't want anything sent in. Probably try revegging the skush while I'm at it.

This thread has given me a lot of ideas, hopefully I can make a contribution

J

V

vod

I'm trying to reveg my schroom x c99. I didn't cut the rootball and didn't repot her. It's been now a week since she's under 16/8 blue cfl. She didn't move at all in that week, just put about 10 new white hairs. She was grown 12/12 from seed and was a bit to long in the 0.5l pot, so she didn't fill out the big pot. She stayed small. Here a few pix:

today the lady looks like this (3rd of june):

it took a long time but worked no problem.

edit: a month later - 4th july

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts