What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Reveg

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
Very nice thread, thanks to all involved but especially to getmo for linking others to this thread.

Here's a word of advice that might help y'all re-veg....

In bonsai we trim the rootball exactly as we've seen in this thread.

What I was taught was to constantly hit the rootball as I'm working it, with a mister bottle of H2O. Spray it all over every minute or two, keep it moist and she'll lose less of the remaining rootball due to physical damage and dehydration.

The trimming of a rootball is a huge shock to any plant, so nurture her afterwards. A dissolved Vitamin B tablet will give a bonsai a nice recovery cocktail, immediately following her root trim.

I'll bet this type of info is within the thread somewhere but it's now very long and new points to consider are easily lost.

Peace.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Using a good vegetative nutrient also helps immensely.

I use to (mistakenly) use the Lucas Formula for both veg and bloom.

Re-Vegging works at least 2-3 weeks faster when you give her vegging nutrients. LOL

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Hey, I asked this in Sunnydog's thread but I didn't get an answer. I suppose I could do a search but I think I've done enough of them to justify asking this again. Why the hell would an otherwise normal plant reveg back as a trifoliate? Recessive trait? Huh?

Mt Toaker

Probably due to the stress of being harvested and instead of dieing like it does in nature its still alive. . . I'm no pro though, so I could be wrong

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Yeah, it's probably something along those lines. See the weird thing is, it's been fully revegged and putting out clones for me for awhile now... At the bottom of the plant, it's putting out normal clones. At the top, it's like an entirely different plant putting out the trifies. I don't know, whatever though. Probably nothing to be concerned about, just saves me the time of FIMing if I start using them I guess.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
This clone was taken off a plant far into flower. It finally rooted and is now in reveg. Check out how tiny it is!

picture.php

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I know it's been asked to death, but I'm still curious for more opinions than I've got by reading almost every reveg thread on the forum.

Has anyone noticed revegging detrimental to the quality of the finished article, once cuts are flowered from a reveg mamma?

I'm basically trying to select new keepers right now, but I need to get numbers down, not double them by taking cuts of everything before I flower. I'd quite like to just flower them all, and reveg the best girls once I've seen them, smelt them and smoked them..

My biggest fears are:

- losing a keeper because it wont reveg
- losing quality of the final smokeables in my selected keepers

Any advice greatly appreciated. Great thread guys, could easily be a sticky.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just ran a pack of sour bubble bx3 and have 3 ladies to select from. two of them are very short and stout and the last one is tall and producing some decent buddage. my problem is the tall one did not clone well for me and I think it might be worth keeping. this is what lead me here and you all have done a wonderful job. I hope I can re veg my tall sour bubble bx3 and get some clones of it too because it might be "the keeper". peace and smoke.

lovelightpower

Veteran
I know it's been asked to death, but I'm still curious for more opinions than I've got by reading almost every reveg thread on the forum.

Has anyone noticed revegging detrimental to the quality of the finished article, once cuts are flowered from a reveg mamma?

I'm basically trying to select new keepers right now, but I need to get numbers down, not double them by taking cuts of everything before I flower. I'd quite like to just flower them all, and reveg the best girls once I've seen them, smelt them and smoked them..

My biggest fears are:

ok my advice, having not actually read through this thread is;
re-veg as a last alternative, i've done a lovely one on my jackie psd which i selected as my keeper.

but usually i either take a cut and keep it small, keep it bonsai size in a tiny pot. so i have the vegging plants when i want to select my keeper, after the first flowering.

or take a cut when the plant is a way into flower.

but i never even try to limit my numbers though.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran

My biggest fears are:

I've yet to find a plant that won't reveg, and I'm positive my revegs lost no quality. I reveg anything I think deserves a second look.

Just leave a few (I usually leave 3 to 5) tiny lower buds, and throw it into the veg box, and wait. She'll be veggin' in no time. :yes: