What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to get Free Nutrients!!!

Why not go to the organics forum and learn how to make your own? I don't need to rely on some company to feed my plants when I can do it myself. :joint:

I pay like $35 for a BC starter kit with a bunch of stuff in it so buyng nutes with a known content isnt so expensive and I am new to this hobby so I would rather use a ppm meter and commercial nutes to ensure Im doing it right. Also I dont want to have my closet smelling like piss and dead anilmals, outdoor is a different story. Personally I spend enough time f*ing arroung with the plants them selves I dont need more stuff to tinker with organic nutes because Im obsesive as it is.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Yeah I seen this post TBG, good info. Alot of peeps will appreciate it.
Good SCAM you got goin on. haha K+ bro

I got a couple large boxes full of Biobizz samples.. I will be using this beside the flora nove series, to see which i prefer. Anyone else been using biobizz nutes send me a PM

GFam

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Am I the only one who feels this post is really scammy and is taking advantage of these company's good will? There's a reason these nutrients are $30 a bottle. As a Capitalist, I really don't like the "moocher" tone of this thread.

I get your point and share your opinion that some would misuse the info but, as you said, it's $30 a bottle and up. For a truly curious grower with good intentions, this good work well for both parties.

Not quite the same thing but, I've recently switched from Marlboro's to Roll-Your-Owns. Many tobaccos come in 1 oz pouches making it easy and cheap to sample. Some come in nothing smaller than 1 lb bags. I tried one of those at $28 and it was truly foul. Fortunately, my shop owner prized my business and swapped it even though there was no guarantee on the product. Experimenting with large quantities can be expensive.

I see nothing wrong with one freebie but, if you go back for a second bottle, you should do so with cash.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ thank you, the site just seemed very amateur / trippy for a big companies site

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I get your point and share your opinion that some would misuse the info but, as you said, it's $30 a bottle and up. For a truly curious grower with good intentions, this good work well for both parties...

...I see nothing wrong with one freebie but, if you go back for a second bottle, you should do so with cash.

Yep, agreed. Some of the stuff is over $130 a gallon, and the list is growing. I wonder how much is water?

I think most guys should use freebies on a test batch or a small run. I don't bother them for samples anymore, because I'd need much more than they would send me anyway, and if I did, I'd be taking the bottles out of guys hands that can't afford it. I'm smart if I can, smart if I can't.

Besides, they make plenty of money off guys who can. For example, Canna won't distribute to shops that don't sign a contract for 100% markups on their shit.

Lastly, if they didn't want to distribute free/cheap samples then they wouldn't, but I agree that mass abuse of it would probably have them cutting their sample sizes dramatically, unless their cost on that set is covered by that $17 shipping fee from GH. Scary thought.

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
Am I the only one who feels this post is really scammy and is taking advantage of these company's good will? There's a reason these nutrients are $30 a bottle. As a Capitalist, I really don't like the "moocher" tone of this thread.

It is in a companies interest to give out a sample of their product. It's not like you're gonna be able to keep mailing them every month asking for more. The whole point of sample give aways is to gain customers. If you someone here likes what they get and goes out and buys even a quart of something the sample has paid for itself. If you buy their product for a year, they have made a considerable amount of money off of you as a customer. Chances are if you continue to purchase it you have told some friends. Then they go and buy more. It just snowballs from there. If you don't like what they send you, then they are out of a couple of dollars. The bottles this stuff is in cost more than the product itself. (maybe not for everything, but I know for a fact some of it is)

I work in a industry that thrives off of giving out samples. For the most part it works. There is always a "mooch" here or there, but most of the time people are pumped.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
I got a couple large boxes full of Biobizz samples.. I will be using this beside the flora nove series, to see which i prefer. Anyone else been using biobizz nutes send me a PM

GFam

from thebiobuzz.com?
what did you receive?

ive used biogrow on greenhouse tomatoes and liked it alot.

i did a search and came up with this
best-organic-fertilizer.com
they also offer free samples. i figured what the hay and requested one. never heard of it though, but its free so we'll see

thanks tokinblackguy

sneakinman13

Veteran
i use to use fox farms nutes only.
and i was pretty cool with my local hydro store..
and i asked him if he had any samples of something i might like more then FF and he gave me like 3 bottles of nutes to try out and the fox farms powder 3 part food...
that grow turned out great and was all for free!!

and it just took a friendly conversation with my local store that i support.

They sent me 2 boxes for some reason.. But I Got ~50-60 sample bottles of each BioGrow, BioBloom, Topmax, Feeding schedules, Measuring cups, Pens, Notepads, and some Biobizz stickers... Very cool of them. I have been using the bizz on my outdoor plants. Im pleased so far.. And for free.. shit. Cant beat that can ya?

I like the organic aspect of it. The biobizz nutes are all made from plant sugars and such. No chemicals, means I dont have to worry about chem taste (when not growing Chem;) ) and i dont I have to worry about flushing.. I still like to let up on the last week.

Wish I would have had this at the start of the season :abduct:

GFam

from thebiobuzz.com?
what did you receive?

ive used biogrow on greenhouse tomatoes and liked it alot.

i did a search and came up with this
best-organic-fertilizer.com
they also offer free samples. i figured what the hay and requested one. never heard of it though, but its free so we'll see

thanks tokinblackguy

quadracer

well quad, i only stated what i used and what i asked for. i'm sure they send hydro samples as well for those that use it. i'm sorry that i am not as advanced as you are, but i am learning. in fact, most of the links in your sig i already incorporate in my own garden. when the day comes that i become a zen gardener such as yourself, i can stop relying on the big nute companies.

on a lighter note though, what kind of quad you ride?

Just sayin'. It's not that hard and most of my own nutrients are from other plants growing in the area. It's really easier than most people think.

But free nutrients are free nutrients.

I had a Suzuki 250R and a 500R, but had to get rid of both for a vehicle.

tokinblackguy

just received the Bio-Bizz samples. small 2-3oz of Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom, and Top Max (2 ea.), pens, stickers, a measuring cup(thought this was cool), and feeding chart. i'm really interested in the Top Max(kelp- based bloom enhancer) and hopefully i'll have good results with it.

G

guest3901

just received the Bio-Bizz samples. small 2-3oz of Bio-Grow, Bio-Bloom, and Top Max (2 ea.), pens, stickers, a measuring cup(thought this was cool), and feeding chart. i'm really interested in the Top Max(kelp- based bloom enhancer) and hopefully i'll have good results with it.
ahh cool,looking forward to the bio sample also..how long did it take to get the sample??
thanks for the heads up..

durgamata

I hit up Fox-Farms and asked them to send me a Trial-Tri pack of Cha-Ching, Open Seasame and the other one.

They are sending it to my local hydro store.

Latest posts

Latest posts