What's new

how to deal w/ wealth Q?....and having to cut my damn dreads for it (in a way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
See also: early American news papers and broadcast journalism. Most rich did not invest in these with a profit motive, but for the good of the masses. It was seen as a way for nobility to give back. That ethic has been lost here, for whatever reason.

Anyway, best of luck.

I'm not sure which of these people you are referring to, but my reading of history sure doesn't agree with yours. These were the people responsible for the sobriquet of "robber barons". My favorite sanctimonious prick in history, William Randolph Hearst, gave rise to the term "yellow journalism", was key in starting the Spanish-American war in order to sell more newspapers, and had an instrumental role in making our favorite plant illegal in order to keep hemp from competing with his paper industry investments.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well if I had several million handed to me I'd take 10 million (If I had that much) and stick it in a bunch of Federal insured interest bearing accounts and live off the interest. If I had an additional 10 million I'd use that to buy all of the "things" I ever wanted and go on all the trips I ever wanted. Once that was gone the interest from the first 10 Million should allow me to live a life of comfort the rest of my life. Now if I had more then 20 Million I have no solid idea what I'd do with the rest. Ideally rather then donate to charities I'd like to invest it in ways that would ultimately help lots of people by giving them the opportunity to pull themselves up through employment in a decently paying job.

pb-120130-india-holy-jb-01.photoblog900.jpg

B

BrnCow

Money won't buy happiness but I would rather cry in my custom RV than a cardboard box in central park...

NOKUY

Veteran
the trust was funded on friday 4/27...finally (lawyer hold up on williams partners end).

trust is w/ charles schwab, and has to sit for 24 hrs before we can access it. (friday is quite the convenient day for that to go down)...so monday/tomorrow funds are set to wire to my account.

NOKUY

Veteran
...working 70+ hrs a week right now (only sunday off)...(not guitting my job btw)

...cant even get a min. to go pick up a new car (all closed here on sunday)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
When you do get a new car see if you can find one that automatically controls the headlights so that you don't kill someone by blinding them with your brights and then their family sues you and takes all your new found wealth.

I wish you the best of luck bud, & grats on everything, my gf & I both have trust funds, well mine is no longer a trust but I still receive a lifetime income though Annuities & Lump sums, but hers is still a trust until she's 30, however it all does work out, if you have any questions maybe I can answer them for you as I'm kinda Familiar with how it all works, but it does vary by each state, diff laws etc

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...working 70+ hrs a week right now (only sunday off)...(not guitting my job btw)

...cant even get a min. to go pick up a new car (all closed here on sunday)

it's kismet bro, I'm free 7 days a week and can spend like a Kardashian w/a borrowed Amex Platinum card.......

azez

Veteran
brother it couldnt happen to a nicer guy
as long as i seen your post you have been nothing but patient and cool
even with fools talking smack,
its karma at work
enjoy and be sane
peace
ez

B

BrnCow

Makes me feel good when someone scores bigtime! Especially a pot person! Reminds me that no matter how fucked up the politicians are that there are still a few good things happening out here to normal people...congrats dude!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Been thinking about this, Yukon.

Been thinking about this, Yukon.

You know, if you are going to have access to a trust worth MILLIONS of dollars in a few years time... you could ANONYMOUSLY donate some of that money to start a PRO CANNABIS super-PAC that runs ads that simply shine a light on hypocrisy and the truth about cannabis.

I'm sure among the members here we could come up with some well-thought-out 30 second scripts that could then be filmed on a relatively low budget and the bulk of the money could be used to get the ads played in markets where a PRO cannabis bill was afloat and drum up sympathy and support for our cause.

That would make up for a lot of those dread threads, homie. :)

Just an idea.

EDIT:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5094162#post5094162

I started a thread to discuss the formation of such a PAC.

Last edited:

purple_man

Veteran
as long as you don't spend the money on anti-pot propaganda we good!

blessss
ps.: and dont come tellin us it went up into a dread up barba shop ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts