What's new

how to deal w/ wealth Q?....and having to cut my damn dreads for it (in a way).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually one thing that struck me, and correct me if I''m wrong, but he is not getting all the money in one hit, it's going to be put in a trust fund and eked out to him bit by bit.
Now i think he posted here that he was about forty yo, why can't he have all the money at once to do with what he wants?
Don't his parents trust him? Do they think he will spend it all on pot or something?
Smacks of a wish to be in control of him imo.

trust funds are set up by people for many reasons, trust fund assets (the principal anyway) are protected from a divorcing spouse, from future creditors, lawsuits etc. The governing rules of each trust differ from state to state and people often choose a state offering the greatest asset protection of the trust.

btw, I've spoken to NOKUYs mom and she's a sweet lady who definitely has no desire to control her son, I believe trusts are being set up for all the siblings, it's the right thing to do. Look @ all the lottery winners that piss their windfall away, a trust dictates moderation & discipline when wealth is suddenly in hand.

It would mean more for me to hear "We've set you up for life." than to be handed a few millions bucks with a "Here you go Dave." Nothing wrong w/a trust.

you seem overly intrigued by this whole trust thing Noggy, what's up w/that?

Floridian

Veteran
Man I'm new and all and dont want to offend anyone but the truth is a million dollars would look better than you could possibly look with dreadlocks,mohawks,skinhead,or any other doo

stc9357

Nokuy is a good guy for the most part I don't know him as well as other members and if wealth was thrust upon me at the tune of 220,000 a year for a while until the trust pays fully out I might act the same way. I have no hate for the guy he annoys me and some of the things I do annoy him, whatever I'm not annoyed enough that he's on ignore and I guess I haven't done enough yet that he ignores me.

I really had no problem until he started posting shit in my job thread when I was just asking for advice at my age and wouldn't at his.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

someone else's good fortune brings you misery?

that's just bad juju.......

IMO it's not the fortune part, it's that life-revolves-around-self.

No offense NOKUY, you're really wrapped.

Less a thousand predecessors, this thread is cool. Almost cut my hair and all that. Money aside, lot's of guys know how to identify. The cumulative, to dread or not to dread marathon... not so much.

same for u dawg!....and the many many many saved pm's asking me to send u seeds and asking me for personal info. does not go un-noted....

get w/ the program son.

That is such a punk bitch snitch ass move, you and your aura have a visit due.Be sure to post a 'Dear John' thread when she keeps her appointment. :ying:

agreed. you cant take all that money with you when you die, and you can use it to help fight the good fight for the eventual nationwide acceptance of cannabis.

Check above, someone who was actually 'down',and not a complete poser, would make good use of a portion of mommy's money...he ain't him. :moon:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
200 g's per year? that's nice, but that ain't rich.

it's not 200g. It's a TRUST that pays 200g a year that he gets the principal of in a few years time.

In the meantime, he gets 2 brand new free cars (paid off) and a $500,000 to spend on a house.

With two completely paid off cars and a paid off home, and the house he was looking at was decked out with solar....

$200,000 a year will go a long way.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
^ i changed my mind nokuy, you fcukin suck :)

get a paint outfit, shoot some stuff! a mountain bike ... single speed ... a funky painted tandem..

as for nokuy coming to the rescue of humanity ... i think the misanthropic recluse has probably helped a few people in his time, and ain't gonna change that way.

Last edited:

azez

Veteran
hate hate and ummmmm more hate
not getting anything else from these clowns bro.
close the thread
and figure it out
peace
ez

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
hate hate and ummmmm more hate
not getting anything else from these clowns bro.
close the thread
and figure it out
peace
ez

All my advice was genuine and from the heart. Can't speak for anyone else.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First, let me preface what I'm about to say that I'm not hating, and congrats on your windfall if it comes through, but ain't no way in hell i'm getting onto a public forum and tell somebody I'm about to "get paid" and how much. That shit ain't computin' in this brain - not that I'm the sharpest knife in the drawer. As far as whether you should cut the dreads - that was a no-brainer, so I'm wondering wtf is on your mind. I got a 9 month old Pit Bull mix puppy that could have figured that one out. No disrespect.
Aren't you the guy that fell in love with a stripper a while back? How's that working for you - if that was you? You put her pic out here for all to see. I did get a chance to see her before you were advised to take it down. I must say she was HOT!! Peace, bro.

NOKUY

Veteran
spending money is fun!!

...and a PITA

i still live like i'm broke, but got a new pair of shoes

..we close on our house on the 22nd, i'm still driving the toyota fj, got the wife the 2012 subaru outback (hooked up a buddy w/ the '99 outback we had),

shit loads of new clothes and shoes for the wife and son, a new puppy..

now furniture shopping for the new crib, and figuring out a lift/tires/rims and camo wrap for my fj

NOKUY

Veteran
it's not 200g. It's a TRUST that pays 200g a year that he gets the principal of in a few years time.

In the meantime, he gets 2 brand new free cars (paid off) and a $500,000 to spend on a house.

With two completely paid off cars and a paid off home, and the house he was looking at was decked out with solar....

$200,000 a year will go a long way.

correct.

the final nmbrs on the trust is 7.8 mil...2 mil. of that is in williams partners (wpz) stock for 18 months...(was part of the sale)

after the house and cars and debt payoff we sit w/ about 7 million.

our financial ppl are keeping our shares invested and were gonna be just taking checks off the interest monthly

we are very conservative, and will be seeing about 16k / month

...that's not even considering our son (hunters) share ...same amount will be sitting for the next 16.5 years gaining interest.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nokuy.....I just want to introduce myself to you......I'm your bastard son.....Daddy (hug)

Status
Not open for further replies.