What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

mr.pistil

Correct @mr.pistil the flowering process was slowed down by the wrong ph, and once the ph and feeding were fixed to correct ranges the flowers bounced back vigorously, producing new reflowerings that are yet to finish. How is your Honduran doing lately ?
dubi, thanks for the comment. She's still going strong, though I'm seeing more maturing on the branches/buds furthest from the lights. Today is 132 from flip. Here's a couple of pics from today. colas closest to the light aren't even close. Approaching the end of 19 weeks. I'm giving her one more week and then I'll start harvesting the outer buds. Any suggestions for speeding her up?
Hon FD132 - wide shot.jpeg
Hon. FD132 close up.jpeg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Hola @dubi i was wondering if you could offer any insight on this young male from the Mexican line. I am overcrowded, and would use a nice Mexican male, but i don't have any clue what I'm looking at, just looks sativa to me at this point.

Also Looks like i will have one female to work with.

The male
20230607_213539.jpg
20230607_213528.jpg
20230607_213524.jpg

The ????
It hasn't shown sex yet

20230607_214041.jpg
20230607_214036.jpg

SolarLogos

I soaked the seeds on 4/20 and transplanted them from solo cups to the ground 2 weeks ago. I have 5 in the ground. I started with 9 plants and gave 4 away to a friend.

They have adjusted to their new home and are hitting their stride; I can see the difference in growth daily. I topped them before the transplant, leaving 2-3 sets of nodes. I'm expecting more vertical growth from the lower branches as they become new leads, rather than horizontal lower growth.
6-6-23.jpg
6-6-23a.jpg
6-6-23b.jpg
6-6-23c.jpg
6-5-23d.jpg

Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola @dubi i was wondering if you could offer any insight on this young male from the Mexican line. I am overcrowded, and would use a nice Mexican male, but i don't have any clue what I'm looking at, just looks sativa to me at this point.

Also Looks like i will have one female to work with.

The male
View attachment 18851441 View attachment 18851442 View attachment 18851443

The ????
It hasn't shown sex yet

View attachment 18851444 View attachment 18851445
Hola @Keif Cake :) the male looks good, but to be honest i don't recommend to judge a plant so young unless you are very very familiarized with the line. For male selection, you at least need to flower the boy and compare it with his brothers, so you can judge traits such as sexual stability, yield, flowering times, flower/leaf ratios or even trichome production (if the strain is resinous) and how these traits compare with the average of the population. Good smells from stem rub are usually a good sign (especially if you are breeding for high terpene quantities) but not mandatory. The tip from SamSkunkman of reversing males to judge their female expression is really good one. Progenty testing should be main and final criteria (easy to say, hard to do).

Regarding selection from Mexican line from Honduras sativa: main goal should be to preserve and enchance its super clear-clean energetic effect without ceiling, down or toxic side. Vigour and yield are also important traits from Mexican line and should be taken seriously in consideration when further inbreeding the line or when very high yields are important in outcrosses.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @SolarLogos they look very tropical from the start.

Your plants are showing signs of ph imbalance, low macronutrient intake symptoms (clear color, thin stems, curling leaves, not lush new growth 2 weeks after transplant), probably lack of water stress too, please check soil, ph and ec in watering and feedings.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Hola @Keif Cake :) the male looks good, but to be honest i don't recommend to judge a plant so young unless you are very very familiarized with the line. For male selection, you at least need to flower the boy and compare it with his brothers, so you can judge traits such as sexual stability, yield, flowering times, flower/leaf ratios or even trichome production (if the strain is resinous) and how these traits compare with the average of the population. Good smells from stem rub are usually a good sign (especially if you are breeding for high terpene quantities) but not mandatory. The tip from SamSkunkman of reversing males to judge their female expression is really good one. Progenty testing should be main and final criteria (easy to say, hard to do).

Regarding selection from Mexican line from Honduras sativa: main goal should be to preserve and enchance its super clear-clean energetic effect without ceiling, down or toxic side. Vigour and yield are also important traits from Mexican line and should be taken seriously in consideration when further inbreeding the line or when very high yields are important in outcrosses.
Thats mostly what along the lines of what i was expecting to hear, unfortunately I'm not familiar enough to make an educated decision at this point. There was an issue with the rest of the seedlings, so unfortunately i wont have anymore brothers or sisters to compare against. I like the structure of it much more at this point that the one on hoping is a female, i Dont care for those long trailing branches coming out the bottom.

I completely agree on not judging at such a young age, but I'm overcrowded and trying to decide if i want to go through all the trouble to keep it around. I have about 15 of the Head Bandidos (Headband TK x Honduras) started to look further into that project and make some F2's, and ended up with 3 destroyer x old timer haze of the 8 seeds i had.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to promptly respond, thank you.

In the long run, preserving the effects from the Mexican side would be most important, and to continue working with it, it needs to be pretty respectable among all categories.

I do have some florel, maybe i could attempt my first reversal, but from my limited research on using it, getting a ratio that doesn't kill your plant may be an issue.

RobFromTX

I soaked the seeds on 4/20 and transplanted them from solo cups to the ground 2 weeks ago. I have 5 in the ground. I started with 9 plants and gave 4 away to a friend.

They have adjusted to their new home and are hitting their stride; I can see the difference in growth daily. I topped them before the transplant, leaving 2-3 sets of nodes. I'm expecting more vertical growth from the lower branches as they become new leads, rather than horizontal lower growth.
View attachment 18851456 View attachment 18851457 View attachment 18851458 View attachment 18851460 View attachment 18851461

Peace
Looking great man. This strain has such a unique light green color. They almost look neon under a grow light

SolarLogos

Hi @SolarLogos they look very tropical from the start.

Your plants are showing signs of ph imbalance, low macronutrient intake symptoms (clear color, thin stems, curling leaves, not lush new growth 2 weeks after transplant), probably lack of water stress too, please check soil, ph and ec in watering and feedings.
Looking great man. This strain has such a unique light green color. They almost look neon under a grow light
Thank you so much for your comments. Those weren't the best pictures; I really should up my game on picture taking. The wind was blowing, the pictures are a little blurry.

You're correct Rob, these plants are the lightest colored green I've grown. The first set of true leaves come out so light, they almost look yellow. I had one runt out of the ten, so I pulled it to inspect the roots. The roots were healthy and white, so I assume it's always normal.

Greetings Brother Dubi, thank you for your detailed analysis. This is why I frequent the Ace forums; it's such a great service you offer and you're analysis are very accurate.

For the past 6 or 7 years, I've been growing in pots, but last year I had 100 plants in pots and it was too much of a chore tending to their individual needs.

This year, I decided to go back to growing in the ground for most of the plants. I recycled the soil from last years pots, amended it with azomite, leonardite, gypsom, lime, manure, kelp, bat quano, etc. and rototillered into the native soil.

So, here is the problem I am dealing with, and the reason I started growing in pots. Our city uses river water during the winter and spring months, but in the summer-fall they switch us over to well water. The river water runs a pH of 6.5, while the well water runs around 8.7 pH.

I added Canadian sphagnum peat moss to the soil help lower the pH for the well water during the summer and fall. With that said, I tested the soil today and it came in at 5.8, which is a little lower that I expected. I topdressed with a little lime before mulching today with straw. The straw should help with less frequent watering and better water retention. I keep the straw around 4 inches away from the plants to prevent mold and rot.

Here are a few better pictures taken today
6-8e.jpg

6-8h.jpg
6-8g.jpg
6-8f.jpg
6-8e.jpg

Thanks for stopping by
Peace

Attachments

• 6-8d.jpg
    6-8d.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 6-8c.jpg
    6-8c.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 6-8b.jpg
    6-8b.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 6-8a.jpg
    6-8a.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 6-8.jpg
    6-8.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 39

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They look indeed much deeper green in your last update :giggle: @SolarLogos
A sign the root system is establishing itself and plants already taking the nutrients they need.

The ph from river is perfect for soil, ph of the water from the well is too high, make sure to lower down ph if you use water from the well.

Have a lovely outdoor season this year! ☀️

Keif Cake

Veteran
I had something typed up, firefox updated.

Liking the look of these, one male and one female

20230615_235558.jpg
20230615_235318.jpg
20230615_235322.jpg
20230615_235315.jpg
20230616_000326.jpg

Attachments

• 20230616_000326.jpg
    20230616_000326.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20230615_235315.jpg
    20230615_235315.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 20230615_235318.jpg
    20230615_235318.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 39
  • 20230615_235322.jpg
    20230615_235322.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230615_235558.jpg
    20230615_235558.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46

mr.pistil

Hi @mr.pistil looks like this new reflowering is going to produce well if you let her continue, buds still look immature to harvest soon.
Here's a belated update on my Honduras. I began harvesting portions of the plant in week 21 finishing week 22, day 153. It could have gone a little longer but I had to move on. This was a very "hairy" plant! Pistils had all turned brown and pulled back, but never fully receded into the buds. Buds are spear shaped (small), very light and airy. The more mature buds are quite sticky, though with very small trichs.

Aromas have a very complex floral and spice nose to them. Just when I think I've got it (aroma) identified it shifts into something new. Though I confess my nose isn't what it use to be... I haven't done a good smoke test yet. My first attempt from a quick dried bud was not appealing. There was a buzz, but it was quite harsh. Buds are in various states of drying/curing so I'll be giving it another try soon.

Yield was a respectable 8+ oz even with all the issues I had. Looking forward to trying this strain again under better circumstances.

Lebanizer

Eventually I got to smoke the litlle I had. Very very nice. the most impressive aspect of this weed was that it was motivational ! That really impressed me. I started to have creative ideas for recipes and instead of just contemplating the ideas in my mind, I actually stood up and went to the kitchen and implemented those ideas o_O!!! Since when is cannabis productive 😁 ???

IF Panama is the crazy unhinged teenage brat loooking to have fun, Honduras is the wiser more balanced adult with a positive outlook about life. I dare say I prefer the latter ;) !

RobFromTX

Eventually I got to smoke the litlle I had. Very very nice. the most impressive aspect of this weed was that it was motivational ! That really impressed me. I started to have creative ideas for recipes and instead of just contemplating the ideas in my mind, I actually stood up and went to the kitchen and implemented those ideas o_O!!! Since when is cannabis productive 😁 ???

IF Panama is the crazy unhinged teenage brat loooking to have fun, Honduras is the wiser more balanced adult with a positive outlook about life. I dare say I prefer the latter ;) !

Totally agree !! If I were to be stuck on an island with only one strain to grow it would be Honduras :smoke:

Lebanizer

Thats the only kind of cannabis worth growing brother. Stoned like a stunned mullet is no fun at all.
Sure but I didn't mean to contrast productive/motivationnal with stoned. I've had other up energetic sativas which were fun and very pleasant (many Himalayans from RSC, ACE Ethiopia, CBG Panama) but definitely not motivationnal. They certainly don't impair your kinetic abilities but they don't provide you either with extramotivation to do and complete tasks. The Honduras is the first sativa I've run into which has that very special motivational kick. Very impressive. Now, what Dubi needs to do is to make an autoflowering version of that so the world can be a better place 😁.

This being said we can all agree that "Stoned like a stunned mullet" is definitely to be avoided like the plague, even more so if munchies are involved 🤮🤢 !

SolarLogos

2 girls and 1 male. The other 2 are starting to show, but not enough for my eyes to see if they are calyxes or claws.
Each plant was topped early, so 2 leads per plant. Very sexy plants. They are only being fed compost tea and foliar spraying with the same. Soil drench with tea 350 ppm, feeding every other day now. Foliar spray is a light mist, not saturating the leaves, 260 ppm at 5.8 pH. Dechlorinate city water is 119 ppm.

I'm feeding light because of the extreme temperatures we've been getting. After this next heat wave, I'll up the feeding if needed.
7-9.jpg
7-9a.jpg
7-9b.jpg
7-9c.jpg
7-9d.jpg
7-9e.jpg
7-9f.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts