What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

Keif Cake

Veteran
Very pleased with the lone female that made it out the Mexican pack, amazing structure, great resin production, nice smells i haven't encountered before, kinda woody but fresh. Beast of plant, she went into flower as soon as i saw sex, amd was maybe a foot tall, but many times more manageable than the Colombian, all ive done is supercrop the top once, and added a bamboo stake to keep it from leaning. Soo many budsites, if that Destroyer x OTH male revegges, id love to make some offspring with the two since they are similarly structured, and who wouldn't want to see a few examples run from that Combination

I dusted this, the Headband x TK, and the Golden Tiger x Panama with some of the male pollen a couple nights back, and i see receded stigma today.

Hopefully this one stays pretty stable, it will be a nice addition to the other 3 or 4 plants I've found for breeding

20230718_225259.jpg
20230718_225231.jpg

SolarLogos

The Honduran are taking off and are around 6' (185cm) average. They were topped early for two main leads.

I love the structure on 3 of these, short branches, steep upward angle. They do very well in close quarters.
7-21b.jpg
7-21a.jpg
7-21.jpg
7-21c.jpg

Everything is on a drip irrigation system and the soil stays most and quite cold in this 100-108F (38-42c) temperatures we're having. No shade cloth and they are growing each day.
Peace

SolarLogos

Looking real good brother. Limey green giants :smoke:
Thank you. The morning sun was on my back so it looks like there are yellow leaves on the bottom of the 3rd pic, but like you said, they're lovely lime green girls. I top-dressed before going out of town last week and everything looks nice and green, except these girls who just want to stay this color no matter what I feed them.

Thanks for the comments.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Let's see if they can reach 3 meters by the time they start to flower @SolarLogos :D

Sorry if it was mention earlier: what kind of Honduras phenotypes did you use to produce your own next generation ? Colombian, Mexican or both ? They look very sexy with those long skinny leaves and very healthy as well with your good cares! Thanks for updates friend!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very pleased with the lone female that made it out the Mexican pack, amazing structure, great resin production, nice smells i haven't encountered before, kinda woody but fresh. Beast of plant, she went into flower as soon as i saw sex, amd was maybe a foot tall, but many times more manageable than the Colombian, all ive done is supercrop the top once, and added a bamboo stake to keep it from leaning. Soo many budsites, if that Destroyer x OTH male revegges, id love to make some offspring with the two since they are similarly structured, and who wouldn't want to see a few examples run from that Combination

I dusted this, the Headband x TK, and the Golden Tiger x Panama with some of the male pollen a couple nights back, and i see receded stigma today.

Hopefully this one stays pretty stable, it will be a nice addition to the other 3 or 4 plants I've found for breeding

View attachment 18867290 View attachment 18867291

Glad you are excited with your Honduras Mexican leaning pheno from the Breeders Pack @Keif Cake :) Perfectly healthy, aggressive vigor and as you pointed out good resin production for a strain that is usually not that good for that trait.

I really like the sound of the crosses you have in mind, especially (Golden Tiger x Panama) x Honduras and the Kush x Honduras which is something i have not tried yet. Thanks also for your frequent updates friend!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a belated update on my Honduras. I began harvesting portions of the plant in week 21 finishing week 22, day 153. It could have gone a little longer but I had to move on. This was a very "hairy" plant! Pistils had all turned brown and pulled back, but never fully receded into the buds. Buds are spear shaped (small), very light and airy. The more mature buds are quite sticky, though with very small trichs.

Aromas have a very complex floral and spice nose to them. Just when I think I've got it (aroma) identified it shifts into something new. Though I confess my nose isn't what it use to be... I haven't done a good smoke test yet. My first attempt from a quick dried bud was not appealing. There was a buzz, but it was quite harsh. Buds are in various states of drying/curing so I'll be giving it another try soon.

Yield was a respectable 8+ oz even with all the issues I had. Looking forward to trying this strain again under better circumstances.

Sorry to hear it @mr.pistil :confused: especially after the long wait. Rarely Honduras needs more than 14 weeks to finish properly under proper conditions. In my experience, when a long flowering sativa has been flowering with problems forward and backwards, forward and backwards, extending flowering time much more than it should it's because something went wrong with the environment, flowering photoperiod or hormones of the plant, and in such cases the finished product does not reach the potential of the genetics.

Anyway, Honduras is not a sativa line for everyone, sativa lovers usually love her unique uplifting effects (me too), but heavy Kush smokers may find her weak and with unpleasant terpenes. It's very old school sativa in effects and terpenes, before sativas were started to get crossed with indicas and selected for more rounded terpene profiles and stronger, heavier effects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sure but I didn't mean to contrast productive/motivationnal with stoned. I've had other up energetic sativas which were fun and very pleasant (many Himalayans from RSC, ACE Ethiopia, CBG Panama) but definitely not motivationnal. They certainly don't impair your kinetic abilities but they don't provide you either with extramotivation to do and complete tasks. The Honduras is the first sativa I've run into which has that very special motivational kick. Very impressive. Now, what Dubi needs to do is to make an autoflowering version of that so the world can be a better place 😁.

This being said we can all agree that "Stoned like a stunned mullet" is definitely to be avoided like the plague, even more so if munchies are involved 🤮🤢 !

Glad you got the vibe of the effects of this sativa strain :yes: For me Honduras is like a canna expresso: super clean, energetic, psychologically motivating, but not so nervous or agitated, and leaves you where you started when the effects fade, without a single trace of foggy mind or body heaviness.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Glad you are excited with your Honduras Mexican leaning pheno from the Breeders Pack @Keif Cake :) Perfectly healthy, aggressive vigor and as you pointed out good resin production for a strain that is usually not that good for that trait.

I really like the sound of the crosses you have in mind, especially (Golden Tiger x Panama) x Honduras and the Kush x Honduras which is something i have not tried yet. Thanks also for your frequent updates friend!
So am i! I know from doing the Colombian side, that the odds were against me and the lone female. So far she is holding stable, it was around the same point in flowering id start seeing nanners on the Colombian one.

The Kush x (Colombian) Honduras has impressed me for sure, out of 7 females so far, im not seeing any duds, all resinous and a range of nice smells. I didnt like the taste of one of the first two i did, but the high is very nice.
The GT x Panama will crossed to a lot of males when it's all said and done, it's the most elite cut ive found. I do wish i had some more of that Colombian Honduras pollen to mix with it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Not sure how is the terp profile of the Kush mother used for the cross @Keif Cake but Honduras can come out with nasty terps in outcrosses. It takes a bit of time, and trial and error (used as mother, reversed instead, crossed with this or that ....) to select that Honduras with more refined modern terps and to find the combination that blends in a more rounded way with other strains.

Really happy to know you consider elite your Golden Tiger x Panama selection 🥰 If the mother GT x P has the potency, effect, yield and terps (which should have), probably crossed with a very clean headed Honduras Mexican leaning will probably make the effects funnier and clearer than crossed with Honduras Colombian leaning.

Feel free to share pics and comments of your Honduras hybrids here, if you feel like :yes:

Keif Cake

Veteran
The Kush mother is a Diesel type plant, with that funky pungent aroma. The one i kept of the Head Bandidos cross from the 1st run has a slightly fruity, acrid smell that translates very well in the taste. The one i discarded, i grew tired of the taste very quickly. I have 5 more to see the range of terps on, and 2 of them are off to a good start, the other 3 havent quite reached flowering long enough to have much at this point. Id say fruity is the dominant profile of the ones i like, idk what the smell is on the other end that i dont care for at all, i guess what you call nasty terps, the effects of that one is quite similar to the other one.

This is the mother, very poor structure, has the late flower leaf cannabilizing chem trait, by far the best its best its been grown at this point, extra funky, usually finishes ugly no matter what. She contributes amazing bud quality, and some legs on the backend of the high.
20230802_204953.jpg

20230802_205012.jpg
20230802_205133.jpg

The terps is what i was thinking of with the combination on the GT x P with the Colombian, i imagine it would be a better mix in the terp deparment. Looks like it will always be speculation, because it's getting mixed with the woody smelling Mexican, which smells very nice in its own right, just doesnt grab your attention as much. I think it may be some kind of woodiness in the back of the lemon in the GTP, it and the Mexican doesn't smell the same, but they are in the same direction, 🤞maybe a type of fuel comes out the other side, terp recombinations are very interesting to discover.

The Mexican
20230802_205035.jpg

ill Post some pics of the crosses here, so others can see the potential, i for one have been quite surprised at the outcome. Everyone who has smoked the Head Bandidos cross very much enjoys it, excellent effects
The one i kept from 1st run. Just a few weeks into flower, pollinated with 20 - 30 seeds using Destroyer x Old Timers Haze pollen.
20230802_205448.jpg

A few of the seed plants on their 1st run.
20230802_205440.jpg
20230802_205321.jpg

20230802_205412.jpg

Looks like this one does the chem/headband leaf thing when its getting ready to finish up. I added a couple liters of lime to the mother this run at planting to try and prevent it, based on what Notsodog said helps keep Chem 91 and the Headband from getting ugly, using a ton of calcium.
20230802_205328.jpg

The Honduras structure from the male carries through to every seed ive seen so far, even the males in the offspring, all having that tall columnar cola, upright branching that requires almost zero support, you mostly only need a single stake to keep it from falling over except for this one.
20230802_214016.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
If only you could smell this bricked fermenting Colombian Honduras. I can barely describe basic smells, not even going to attempt to describe the complexity of this.
20230805_203122.jpg
20230805_203127.jpg

Also, on the Head Bandidos (Headband x TK) x Honduras, all the offspring have that same sweet smell as the one i kept from last run, just different strengths of it. I suspected that the one i didnt like the smell or taste of (last night finally deciding it reminded me of cheese, which i never liked) that it was likely pollen contamination on that one from the New Caledonia herm, it jad more of a silvery look like that NC did, and i am leaning more that direction now the way these other 5 all have the same varying scent as the keeper from the 1st run.

Tangwena

Veteran
If only you could smell this bricked fermenting Colombian Honduras. I can barely describe basic smells, not even going to attempt to describe the complexity of this.
View attachment 18874148 View attachment 18874149

Also, on the Head Bandidos (Headband x TK) x Honduras, all the offspring have that same sweet smell as the one i kept from last run, just different strengths of it. I suspected that the one i didnt like the smell or taste of (last night finally deciding it reminded me of cheese, which i never liked) that it was likely pollen contamination on that one from the New Caledonia herm, it jad more of a silvery look like that NC did, and i am leaning more that direction now the way these other 5 all have the same varying scent as the keeper from the 1st run.
I can smell it from here ha ha.
Whats the high like? I bet its a ripper

SolarLogos

Here is a male from my H6 line. This picture was taken 2 weeks ago. I like his structure, so I cut his top off after taking this picture as he was getting taller. Once he starts to go into flower, I'll take a cutting and cut him down. He was topped as child and has 2 leads.
7-21c.jpg

I bent the tops down on the females so they don't go over the 7' fence. Here is one
8-21.jpg

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts