What's new

Hombre del Monte's garden.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Good afternoon to you all!

It's almost that time of year again! and here at the Del Monte household we are preparing for the forthcoming growing season. (Well actually it's already started with a few Indicas that will be grown in pots and forced flowered early summer).

I've been digging over my outdoor sites, having amended them at the end of last year with horse shit, worm castings, French meadow hay, wood ash and sand.
The soil is so alive and smells delicious.😍

For the last few months I've been deliberating what to grow and had got it down to 6 or 7 to choose from.

This morning I went into the village to have my hair cut and after the barber had finished, we were sitting in his kitchen drinking coffee and chatting, when he opened his fridge and pulled out a large seed stash that he'd been given and told me to help myself.
I was very restrained, but still find myself with Durban, Kerala, Mekong Cambodia, AK47 and a shed load of Tora Bora. There were many many more that I could have chosen.
Any of my Spanish cousins want any Tora Bora send me a pm.

All my plans are in disarray and I'll have to spend the next few weeks deciding what to grow. 🤔

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Just the Spanish one‘s ?

:love:

Nice story hombre first time I wish i had hair :)

Do you know something about the Durban ? Is AK47 the OLD Serious one ?

Made my day
No, German ones as well😂

Sadly I don't know the lineage, but the grower who's seed collection it was, is/was well respected and he only kept a few of the Durban ( I grew a couple of Dutch passion's about 6 yrs ago and was really surprised how speedy one was. Durban Poison was the first weed I ever smoked as a teenager.😍).

The AK is marked 2019 outside grow. I guess I took some of these because I had AK going for a while when it first came out and it was stella. In fact I grew most of the well known cup winners from the 80 and 90's. 😂

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
durban is great variety. grows good outdoors. I like it.

full

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
durban is great variety. grows good outdoors. I like it.

full
I've about 30 different Sativas in my stash, but I'm thinking of giving the Durban a go. One of the ones I did several years ago finished by the end of August and was very good indeed..like 3 espresso's good.☕. Back then I had a small tai chi group that I taught and it was the only weed I could smoke before hand. Really speedy and extroverted.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I've about 30 different Sativas in my stash, but I'm thinking of giving the Durban a go. One of the ones I did several years ago finished by the end of August and was very good indeed..like 3 espresso's good.☕. Back then I had a small tai chi group that I taught and it was the only weed I could smoke before hand. Really speedy and extroverted.
if you need to keep your libido energy right up there with young macho Spaniards, then it is good choice hahahahahhaha

iu

kaochiu

Veteran
Good afternoon to you all!

It's almost that time of year again! and here at the Del Monte household we are preparing for the forthcoming growing season. (Well actually it's already started with a few Indicas that will be grown in pots and forced flowered early summer).

I've been digging over my outdoor sites, having amended them at the end of last year with horse shit, worm castings, French meadow hay, wood ash and sand.
The soil is so alive and smells delicious.😍

For the last few months I've been deliberating what to grow and had got it down to 6 or 7 to choose from.

This morning I went into the village to have my hair cut and after the barber had finished, we were sitting in his kitchen drinking coffee and chatting, when he opened his fridge and pulled out a large seed stash that he'd been given and told me to help myself.
I was very restrained, but still find myself with Durban, Kerala, Mekong Cambodia, AK47 and a shed load of Tora Bora. There were many many more that I could have chosen.
Any of my Spanish cousins want any Tora Bora send me a pm.

All my plans are in disarray and I'll have to spend the next few weeks deciding what to grow. 🤔
If you are in Alpujarra, I think you don't need to choose, just put them all, and get back to that barbers for more! sorry, i used to live there in a cortijo from 2000 until 2010, guess it's not the same jungle anymore.
Grew there some landrace keralas that a friend brought fresh from Kerala, of course. Alpujarra dwellers are, at least were, very international and dynamic. Sowed them in summer 2005 or so, inside a ruined ancient construction next to a barranco surrounded by brambles and shit, pure guerrilla, and they were still there in January, I remember as much.